Two days of binge eating!

• Hello Everyone,
    My name is Latoya and I am a carboholic. My first week in phase II did not go so well. The first three days were fine until Thursday. I had doughnuts, an bacon , egg and cheese biscuits and mashed potatoes from Thursday to Friday. I am so ashamed, so much so that I couldn't even log on . I restarted phase I and I think I will have to start a little more slowly when I reach to phase II again. don't know yet if I put on much weight b/c my weigh in day is this coming Tuesday, so don't be surprised if my weight tracker has an addition to it. I do have a question though. Should I continue phase I through the rest of this week or go for the full two weeks again?
  • Well when you fall off the horse just pick yourself up and get back on! If it were me I would do the 2 weeks on Phase 1 again. Which I will be starting tomorrow! When you get to phase 2 again remember how this time and just add one new thing a week maybe. I'm sure tomorrow alot more peeps will chime in to help you get goin again! Just stay in it girl!
  • Try not to stress out about it. It happens to all of us at some point. I agree that you should go back to phase one for at least a week, two if you can stand it. The first couple of days are always hard but just remember how great you will feel in the long run by sticking to the plan.
  • Good advice. Now remember FOCUS! and live up to your name. When you start Phase II, follow the advice in the Phase II thread in FAQ and add things back slowly monitoring carefully to ensure you don't gain or stall.
  • Focus~~Never be ashamed to log on here. We all have had our slip-ups. Just remember to come here when you feel that urge to splurge and you will find support and encouragement. Good luck!!
  • Do you perhaps have an emotional eating problem? Did something happen to trigger a binge? Some one say something or do something?

Many times when I find myself on a binge it's because I was stuffing down my emotions. For some reason hard emotions bothered me, anger at others would somehow be transfered as anger against myself..."how could I be so stupid to bothered by what that person said or did." Things like that. I would eat to stuff my emotions down or to feel something other then was I was actually feeling. Nothing like focusing on the over full feeling of "why did I eat all that, what was I thinking?" instead of what started the binge in the first place.

I only ask because I had to overcome my emotional eating in order to loose the weight.

Binging happens to all of us at one time or another. The big thing is to pick yourself up, knock off the dust and mashed potatoes and start another day. Figure out what your trigger was for this one, maybe a certain food is what started the great slippery slide.

Personally, since you were only one phase 2 for a couple days before you binged I would probably go back to 2 full weeks of phase 1. If it had happened after a couple months of phase 2 you could probably get by with a few days.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Nothing you can do about what you ate yesterday. Today is a new day. Keep an eye of what you are eating now, not yesterday.

Good luck
    Sarah
  • As everyone has said...it happens. Now pack your bag and get back to the beach. I know there's got to be a warm sunny beach somewhere
  • Thnak you guys os much for the support. Ruth, you're right that's why I picked that name and I completely lost focus, but now I am back on beach and enjoying my day so far. Hven't quite analyzed it yet, but binging is not something that I can say that I have done in the past. However, my life is very stressful now, so I will conclude by saying that I was probably stressed over something. I'll analyze that a little more , but the food did comfort me as I was shoving it into my mouth. The guilt didn't come until way after. Thanks alot guys. Its great the support that everyone gives.
  • Focus, I only just saw your post... sending you hugs, sweetie... You can do this!!
  • I know it is hard to post when we are doing badly on plan but I have to tell you how important it is to stay in touch. I know from my own experience that when I am not posting and reading and encouraging others it is because I am eating off plan and/or binging.

So keep on posting and good luck on doing PI for a few days.
  • Focus, I know exactly what you're going through. I was doing so well with phase I - I lost 9 lbs. Then I got news that my mother was in the ICU and she hasn't been doing so well. It's not easy to find fresh food in a hospital vending machine. I am re-starting phase I today. I'll just start packing foods for my trips to the hospital. Good luck to you!!
  • Here I was, finishing my BK breakfast and thinking about the handfuls of chocolates last night; realizing I had fallen off the wagon with an audible SPLAT. And here was this post, so neatly fitting my problem and full of answers for what to do. Thank you so much ladies!

Focus, sweetie, I'm right there with you, and as of now, I'm starting phase 1 again. I think I had the classic "Phase II means carbs are OKAY again!" overkill. So, back to being careful, and I'll re-read that switch to phase II post again in a week or so when I'm ready to try again!

Ciao!
    Solarmama