My Latest Cholesterol Check

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I was a little worried about this. I have definitely been eating more chocolate than I should be. When I got home yesterday there was a message on the machine from my doctor with my results. She didn't give me my trigycerides but I know she would have mentioned them if they were a problem. So here is what South Beach has done for me:

Pre-SBD July2004 Now Normally Should Be
    248.......181.......178 Less than 200 - Total Cholesterol
    54..........47.........66 Greater than 40 - HDL
    144.......104.........85 Less than 130 - LDL
    250.......151 .........? Triglycerides
  • That is so gratifying! Hard work and determination pays off!
    We measure differently in Canada but mine has improved tremendously too since being on SBD.
  • WOW! I have no idea what you're talking about, but it looks good, Barb.
  • Ellis, I'll try to find the Canadian ranges for you. Otherwise you may have to go to Berlitz!
  • Oh, thank you very much.

Barb, I've never had mine checked... well, maybe I have, and it was fine, and so just didn't interest me. I can barely remember my kid's birthdays. My DH keeps telling me what his blood-pressure is, and I just stare at him blankly. Doesn't mean a darned thing. Just tell me if it's good or bad.
  • Ellis, I'm that way about money. Just tell me if I have any and then let me spend it!

Barb, that is GREAT news!!! You go, girl!!!
  • WooHoo Barb! Way to go! Your story is a good story. Especially because of the blood pressure meds and all and how you are now down to the one and soon to be off of it! Not to mention your time frame! You should send them your story when you get to goal or maybe even before! Way to go girl!
  • Way to go Barb
  • Great job Barb!! That's great news!
  • WOW!! What GREAT results! Thanks for posting them — you just gave me a LOT of encouragement and some good goals to shoot for because I recently learned my cholesterol was too high. Thanks for being a role model!
  • Pre-SBD July2004 Jan2005 Now Normally Should Be
    248.......181.......178.........175....Less than 200 - Total Cholesterol
    54..........47.........66.........67....Greater than 40 - HDL
    144.......104.........85.........82.....Less than 130 - LDL
    250.......151 .........?.........129.....Triglycerides

This is the best my blood work has ever been! I actually had decent readings on my blood pressure in her office 120/74 so she has cut my lisinopril down to 5 mg. At one time I took 40 mg as well as two other blood pressure drugs. She said if it stays down for six months she will try taking me off it totally. She is thrilled that I have been able to keep my weight down and am still slowly losing! Yeah!!
  • Thats awesome!!
  • Way to go Barb!!! Go get em girl!!
  • Barb its great to see those numbers! It is so convincing when you see science like that!

You must be so very happy about your success on SBD. Congrats!

(btw I love looking at your monthly stats on your sig - you started around the same weight as me and I want to lose around the same amount as you. It's so inspirational for me to see you losses each month.
  • Wonderful news! You are an inspiration to us all! (I go for my results on Friday. )