Desperate Housewives #21 Thursday

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hey all,
    I concur with everything that was said here. That having been said, I do hope that everyone who is feeling all of these negative emotions will do something proactive in order to feel better. I have been through a lot of stuff in my life so nothing fazes me too much, but it's important to be well mentally and physically.

I have been having some cravings this week for junk food, especially sweet stuff, but I have managed to fight it so far. I have been seeing some commercials for the Pria bar, made by Power Bar, and I tried one today. Not bad for 110 calories. I'm not one of those women who craves chocolate, but I do crave cakes and other treats.

I bought some of that new flavored tuna fish today and made some tuna patties tonight. The family hated them, but I thought they weren't bad. I'm getting a little sick of salad, though.

Jeniqua - sorry to hear about your troubles. What is wrong with your tooth? I had a wisdom tooth (not impacted) pulled last year, but no major trouble lately. I hope the house situation straightens out soon.

Roxy - you keep saying you're old! That's funny! YOu and I are the same age! You're only as old as you feel, right?

Michelle - how did you like the Gazelle?

I am going to work out tomorrow then go grocery shopping. Gotta stock up before the huge 3" storm we're supposed to get this weekend. LOL!
  • Hi all.
    I have realized, with no hard feelings, that I'm totally different than anyone here. I parent as my parents did with spankings and all. My parents were ALWAYS complimented for how me and my sister were so well behaved. She even once had a lady ask her to raise her two daughters so they would come out as good as me and my sis.
    I do TOTALLY believe in spanking, not beating, but spanking on the behind. I think too many parents feel "bad" for it and you have these loser kids these days that don't have respect for NOTHING. I'm not saying that kids that aren't spanked turn out that way.
    Nonetheless, I have grown close to alot of you here but don't feel comfortable here any longer. You have all been here during my pregnancy so I will keep you up to date on that and send you pictures. Otherwise, I have chosen to leave this forum for my after participation.
    Thank you all for being there but we're just too different and that will become issues as it has. I wish you all lots of luck with your weight loss and with your families.
    Thanks again.
  • Just a fly by for me...I'll be back later. Crystal-I hate to see you go but I don't agree with your form of "discipline" either. I don't know what else to say...because I think you may be in a bad situation and don't realize it.

~chris
  • Cystal, I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, but I think you are right and don't blame you for your decision. Your views are Very different then that of most of us. I wish you all the best and would love to hear the outcome of you pregnancy and baby. Prayers and best wishes to you. Be well.
  • Well hmmmm,
    Another interesting night at the forum! If I may put my two cents in on the dicipline issue. I slap hands, "No! don't touch! With those I can't reason with or hold them tightly so they can not damage or hurt themselves. I have swatted behinds before too. Usually for uncontrollable $hitfits! However, no, never, the belt or "tool". As I have more children under my belt now, I find I don't even have to spank hardly anymore either! I have perfected my evil mother glare and have different ways of punishment, suitable to fit the crime, so to speak. Usually just saying, "Well, Okay! I guess, (fill in name) doesn't want to be good...only good children get their pudding snack at supper." Which 90 percent of the time goes. "I'll be good!" I want them to behave themselves because they want to please me and be happy with themselves. Not to be afraid of me and learn to hide things from me because I might become angry. My state (MN) in particular, is an anti-spanking state and you can be arrested if you spank your children in public! They consider it public assault.
    As for the "spare the rod spoil the child" mentality... that IS old testament along with stoning adulterers and not eating pork. I have yet to read a single passage of scripture where Jesus laid a hand on anyone, even in his anger in the temple chasing out the moneychangers. Also, I don't want any of my daughters to think that being submissive to her parents out of fear of a spanking is a just way to have a relationship with any man. If anyone touches her, I hope she hits back!!! Or tells her Father, WAR will commence! Women are still not equal to or even thought of as other than sexual objects for the taking by media and musical outlets. You can see this by watching MTV or anything else if you turn on the TV. What do all those rappers call their women? "Beeches!!"
    You all know what I mean. Obnoxious, spoiled and warts on the backend of society are not cause by lack of spankings, but by lack of time, inattentive,and abusive homes. They don't even train dogs by hitting them! EH! I'm rambling on long enough. No one wants to see you leave the forum!
    Things can always be worked out. Talking and really, self analysis is the ticket to improving oneself. Good grief!! Why the heck are all of us here anyway? To lose weight! I have alot to improve myself!! No one this side of heaven is perfect. Well, maybe Brad and Jennifer...wait, didn't he just cheat on her with Angolie? Or did the fact that she didn't want to ruin her body or carrer by having children drive away hunky Brad? Ya know, I think I just put in four cents.

Gretchen- hee hee I'm the co-oldest on the forum, that's what I meant! These young things, without wrinkles, don't even remember who Gilligan was!
    I still run after babies and guess what! My girlfriend is having another one at 45! I'll be older but I'm not going down without a fight!

Jeniqua- thanks for the compliment! I'm glad things are going to work out, hopefully, for you! Whoever sent you that money is so generous! Isn't that a blessing?

Tabitha (Tabby)- glad you found the website helpful. I agree with Penny on being alone together! You need to recharge your love batteries!You are also under 30 and men think differently then we do. Also, let's face this one too, the weight issue. I started out around the same weight that you are. My dh was never mean but I know he would have rather had a healthy wife. You are making a fantastic effort by coming here and making a start!! Problems are always a two way street. I was listening to the radio when a man who left his wife because she was a slob, wanting advice. I wanted to tell her flylady!Sometimes people are so wrapped up in their pride they don't want to budge an inch. If your reasons for separation are valid, abuse, infidelity or something like that. It is an agony to stay. I feel that almost everything else can be worked out. He's going to be in your life like it or not for sixteen more years. Might as well make them good loving years!

Hi Michelle! cutiepatootie!

Hi Ricci- are you having a good day.

My goodness, I'm talking and I can't shut up! I better go before I give my hand a hernia.BBL

~Roxy
  • I have to add that I only spank when it's the last option. The belt is the only thing I use other than my hand. As I was trying to lay Andrew down for his nap yesterday and he got up five times, I started by just talking to him, then getting alittle more sturn in my voice, I tried by bribing him, you name it. As soon as I spanked him, he never once got up and he napped for 2 hours.
    Alisa hardly ever gets spankings. Ally, once in a blue moon. As they get to a certain age I use things like grounding from certain things. I have great kids and well behaved kids. My kids love and adore me and don't even think of me as mean. My last spanking that I can remember as a kid was in the third grade for lying to my parents. I turned out great. My sis has 8 kids that have been complimented so many many times for their well behavior and she really spanks. She's moreso to do it than I am.
    You are all taking it like a beating and I wanted to clear things up that that is the last option I give myself and you know what...everytime it works.
    I know so many kids that don't get spankings or much of any discipline for that matter and they are the brattiest kids ever. No respect, no manners. Again, I'm not saying that kids that don't get spankings always come out this way.
    I simply gave MY OPINION on the matter of depression and spankings and you all beat me down like I am wrong. I never once stated that any of you are wrong for your beliefs and opinions, yet you all make it out like you all are right and I am wrong without realizing it's opinions.
    Now I understand why Spryng would never get involved in these issues and I've learned my lesson. HOwever, usually with friends you can agree to disagree.
    My feelings aren't hurt, so don't think they are. I've just gotten burned. I can lose weight with God in control of my life and with the help of my dh.
    Again, wish you all the best. I just felt like I should set things straight.
    Good night.
  • Crystal,
    Thank you very much for "clearing" things up.....

This is not the only time you have mentioned spanking the kids... I have heard comments about telling them to be quiet all day or you will "snap" or the kids had to be quiet b/c your husband was in a bad mood... Or even to have Allison to get it out the way and get a break?? I'm sorry but this type of emotions sound like you need to get some help. And that is all we are saying...

And I get compliments ALL THE TIME about how well behaved my children are and they don't see that very often anymore! ..... And that is with no "tools"

My issues are not just with spanking or depression but the whole demeaner that comes... As if no one else's situation is as important as yours..

And in my personal opinion, if you can't even speak with your husband then how will you lose weight with his help... And why haven't you had a healthy pregnancy??

I'm not here for a bickering contest and I will not continue to!

I am just tired by the whole situation and wish you the best in your life... I hope things will turn out for the best whatever that may be!

Hope everyone has a wonderful night..

I know I will hug my kids a little tighter tonight
  • Wow. A lot has gone on since I posted last night. I don't believe in spanking either, but that is all I'm going to say on the subject. I think everyone else pretty much said it all. Crystal, I wish you well and hope you take care of yourself and have that baby soon. Keep us updated. Welcome Tabitha. I am Stephanie and am 27. I have been married for almost 6 years( feb 12) and have 2 children. Brandon will be 7 on Feb 18 and Kayla is 4. I aslo have a 10 year old stepdaughter named Ashley. Sorry to hear about the troubles in your marriage. Can't offer too much advice since I don't know the underlying issues, but time apart might be good for you. Good luck with the job situation.Jeniqua- glad to hear you got some unexpected help. That's always nice. Hope everything works out for you. Mel- you workout machine you. I went to the gym again tonight. Hello to everyone else! Sorry I can't get more personal, but I need to finish my laundry befor bed. See you tomorrow.
    Steph
  • I have spoken with other members of the thread and we have decided to

CLOSE THIS DISCUSSION AND CONTINUE ON WITH WHAT WE ARE ALL HERE FOR...

WEIGHT LOSS
    !
  • C ya at the new thread