Gothic Girl looking for Weight Loss friends that are Non Judgemental!!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Ah, Torrid's nice. Wish they had a bricks and mortar near me. I like to try on. Out here in suburban **** it's Lane Bryant and Nordstrom's...and you should see the looks I get from the emaciated sales ladies (and they are LADIES) at Nordies. Can't a fat girl like posh sweaters?

Just wondering if anyone here as checked out Punk Rock Aerobics. I think their site is www.punkrockaerobics.com. They have a book out and a DVD forthcoming, but all the classes are in Boston. Anyone read the book? Any good?

Glad to hear Im not the only weird one.
  • yeah, we're comin' out of the woodwork!!!!

we have a store in robinson, it's not too far out, I live there...

You should do a search and see if there is one within' a hundred miles or so of you and take and make a day of it....
  • I love Torrid! But nowadays I shop at Hot Topic. I made a great Tinkerbell gone bad for halloween this year thanks to them.

You never could pay me enough to get me to go into Nordstroms. For some reason it always makes me feel ill to walk in there.
  • Spores, I used to hang out at the club where they have the Punk Rock Aerobics classes!! The Middle East verrryyyy cool place! Since they don't have a class here in Montana (haha yeah right!) I made my own music compilation and thrash my brains out by myself in the basement. lol
  • Hmmm...I went to Nordstroms once while visiting the U.S. - my thoughts.... over priced, too conservative in style and the sales people were snooty

Unfortunately there are not hot topics or torrids here... I usually drive to Montreal to buy cool stuff...although we do have a couple of very cool stores here they are very expensive....I can't afford to pay $100.00 for a "just for fun" top
  • I hear you there. I'm funky but cheap!
  • Yep - it was a lot easier and cheaper back in "the day" when you could find vintage clothes or retro clothes at second hand shops and the thrift stores. I still have a dress I bought from the Sally Ann - it is a 1950's style cocktail dress that I paid $7.00 for and it is still in good shape. I also have so vintage hats from the 40's and 50's that cost me less than $10.00 each. Now I find a lot of vintage stores cost a lot and there is not much true vintage at the thrift stores or it gets snapped up by the people who work there. I've actually seen them auction off pieces