Advice on Exercise Machine

• HSN has been featuring A New You for the New Year show with lots of exercise equipment. I've been eyeing the Tony Little Gazelle that they have for $239.00 which is kind of steep. I started looking around and came across treadmills and eliptical machines that were much cheaper.

Any of you have any experience with the Gazelle or have any recommendations for a treadmill or something along those lines? I'm looking for something that isn't going to take a lot of space (perhaps can fold), efficient, and not expensive. I'm asking for a lot, huh? Lol. I'm just really hesitant about buying a machine cause I'm afraid it's just gonna sit there, but I really need to do something.

Thanks in advance.
  • You can find the Gazelle at most fitness equipment/sporting goods stores and some department stores (like Sears). I HIGHLY recommend trying out a floor model before purchasing any fitness equipment - quality can vary a LOT!!!

Fiona
  • I agree with Fiona!

I had a piece of equipment very very similar to the Gazelle and did not receive much results!

I would also try a floor model before purchasing!

GOOD LUCK!
  • I Bought one of the Tony Little Gazelle Edge, it was only 100.00 from FitnessQuest.com. I used it for about 4 months and all it did was tone up my thighs, I lost no weight, no inches at all. They say on the commercials that it's really good, total body calorie burning, easy on the joints, etc. It's a little too easy on the joints, and the muscles and all that to really do any good. I just sold mine for 40 bucks. lol

• I bought a gazelle at wal-mart for something like $90. Also, you might try used sports stores like "Play it Again Sports" if they're in your area. I found some old treadmills for $60-200, minimal features, but still working.
  • I definitely agree to TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Also try and find a used one - you can get them WAY cheaper from people who bought them, used them for a few weeks before they became 'clothes hangers'.

Here in the Bay Area we have a classified site called craigslist.org - it's in other areas too BTW - and I just did a search for Gazelle in the For Sale listings - folks are selling them for as low as $60.00!

(Last year I bought my hubby some free weights from someone on Craigslist...a curling bar + over 100 lbs of plates for only $20.00...if you're looking for exercise equipment DO check out the classifieds in your area and I bet you can get something that's almost brand-spankin' new for MUCH less than buying it on TV...)