Orville Kettle Corn Popcorn

• I have recently been introduced to Orville Reddenbauchers Kettle Korn popcorn. It's lightly sweet & salty. I bought it at BJ's. The nutritional info works out to be @ 4 points a bag. I haven't measured it but it looks like there is alot more than 4 cups in the bag. Has anyone tried it? It's really good, I hope the points are accurate!! If not, I'll be bummed!!

Fit4Life
  • There was a thread on this at Dotti's
    I'll see if I can find it. I know it is much more than 4 points though.

Kettle corn is made with oil and sugar to give it that sweet taste.

If I can't find the thread I'll check out a box a lunch time.
  • Kelly,

It's by the bag. It's one big bag with 4 smaller bags inside. Serving size is 2 cups for 120 cal, 1.5 fat, 3 fiber.
    It says that it has 17 servings per big bag, which means a little over 4 cups a bag.
  • One more thing, it's already popped. I'm not sure if we are talking about the same thing.
  • No the original stuff was about the kind you pop (sorry I didn't get to the store at lunch) but someone had added about the prepopped stuff.
  • Orville's Kettle Corn
    I picked this up at BJs recently too. Actually, each package has 17 servings, and there are 4 bags in each package, so each bag has 4.25 servings (not cups -- that's more like 8.5 cups in each bag). Each 2 cup serving has 2 points.

I like this as a change of pace from Pirate Booty. I never had the "real" kettle corn, so I'm not sure how it compares to the original -- it's kind of sugar coated and a bit salty at the same time.

Paula
  • Thanks Kelly and Skymom. I decided to measure out the bag after I had already ate a whole bag the day before. It has 9 cups in each bag which makes the whole bag 9 points. My math was a little off, I thought there was only 4 cups in each bag. It's pretty good, but the next time only half the bag for me.

Fit4Life
  • Kettle Corn
    Good luck eating a half of bag. This stuff is gonna be the death of me and my diet! It's so good, can't stop eating the stuff. Think I found another 'red light food'.
    debbie