Curves

• Does anyone belong to Curves? I just joined and like it very much.
  • I do for the last year and have lost 16lbs and 15 inches. Went from a size 18 to a 14 depending on the brand of clothes. I haven't been the past few days due to rushing around for the holidays. I was going tomorrow, but we're expecting snow!! Hope you have much success!!
  • Curves
    Thanks for the reply. I just started and I feel a lot better in just one week. I am 73 years young, and find it not to be too strenous for me. Have a great holiday.
    Marsha
  • Hi, Marsha. I joined just over a year ago, and really enjoy Curves. It helps keep me energized. I have also improved my flexibility, which is nice.

Nice to see you again. Have a Merry Christmas.
  • Jo Jo
    It is so good to hear from you, I don't really know what I am doing here, LOL I was interested in talking to people who belong to Curves. I joined last Fri, and have gone Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed and today. I love it so far, and everyone is real friendly. Write me anytime, I love hearing from you.
    Merry Christmas
    Marsha
  • I've been a member at Curves since last April, went until June, then, um, started again yesterday. I let life get in the way of my exercise program!

I got good results when I was exercising there, got a good workout and left tired and sweaty, so that's a good thing! Keep it up and you'll see results, too! Good luck!
  • You might want to try checking out our Exercise forum - I believe there's a Curves thread there
  • Yup- I do. Been going since June 30th, 2004. Lost 44 inches and 20 lbs so far. gone from a tight 16/18 to a size 14 (and it's loose!)

You'll love Curves!

(there is a thread in the exercise forum...)
  • I have an appointment at Curves this Friday. What convinced me was a relative I saw on Christmas. She has lost 55 lbs in the past year or so going to Curves. She looks great and says she loves it!
  • I have been thinking of joining Curves, and I'm glad to hear so many people like it. My concern is that it seems that the hours are really terrible -- all the places near me close at 7:00 or earlier! Does anyone find this to be a problem?
  • mines open from 7- 7 but closed for 2 hours from 1-3. I always go on my lunch break- from 12-1 (and then eat my desk when I get back- boss has no problem with it). the evening (5 or after) is always crowded and you have to wait to get on the circuit.
  • My Curves in Austin is open M/W/F from 7 to 9, and T/Th from 9 to 9. It closes from 1-3 daily. Sat is 9-12. I like the early hours..it's easier for me to work out in the early a.m.
  • The Curves by my house is open from 9am to 6pm, and closed between 12-2 every day. I had really wanted to join, but just bought the book and do some exercises from that, it makes lots of sense! My only complaint is the price (43 bucks a month plus a 200 dollar sign up fee? eek!), and their hours. Fortunately, quite a few gyms (with better hours and price) offer a circuit a lot like it
  • swim girl- get a promotion deal. when I signed up it was $149 and $29 a month but the 149- $100 off because I was one of the first 100 people to sign up after the opening. So I paid 49 plus 29 a month. But they still have things like that all the time.