CORE Beverages/Drinks

• Here's a beverages category!

I created a CORE egg nog that tastes as good, if not better, than the really fattening kind that you buy. This make 6 servings.

3 whole eggs
    1 cup Splenda (more or less to taste)
    6 cups skim milk
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 box ff/sf instant vanilla pudding
    1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (more or less to taste)

Beat together eggs and Splenda. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly till slightly thickened and vety steamy. Don't boil!!

Warm milk in the microwave till steamed but not boiled.

Very gradually add to egg mixture. Add vanilla and nutmeg. Refrigerate till very chilled or add ice cubes to chill it quickly. Once chilled add the ff/sf instant pudding. Mix with blender thoroughly...get rid of all the lumps. Pour in jug and refrigerate.

I'm drinking a cup right now and it's absolutely delicious. It's every bit as good as the store bought and it's 100% CORE. I'm on Flex so I need the points if possible. I'm figuring 3.5 a cup.

Tip: I added more Splenda because I like it sweet. I also added a little Davinci's sf egg nog syrup simply because I had some. It was good without it.
  • Strawberry Julius

Serving Size : 4

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
    1 1/2 cups cold water
    3 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
    2 tablespoons Splenda
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    6 ice cubes

In a blender container, combine dry milk powder and water. Cover and process on BLEND 10 seconds. Add frozen strawberries, Splenda, vanilla, and ice.

Re-cover and process on BLEND for 25-30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Evenly pour into 4 glasses.

Yield:
    "5 cups"
  • CORE MILKSHAKE

1 c ff milk
    2 T sf/ff pudding mix (any flavor)
    1 serving frozen fruit
    splenda to taste

mix all in blender. it makes a very good milkshake. here are the frozen fruits i've used so far. (they're all good!)

pineapple
    cherries
    strawberries
    blueberries
    and my favorite--peaches!
  • I guess the Cherry Garcia is similar to Sandra's but here goes anyway!

Cherry Garcia Smoothie

4 ice cubes
    1/2 cup frozen black cherries
    1 cup skim milk
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    2 tablespoons SF/FF white chocolate pudding mix (1/2 the small box)

Blend until smooth.
  • Wendy's Frosty

1 Cup Skim
    2 tablespoons FF cool whip
    2 tablespoons SF/FF chocolate pudding mix (1/2 the small box) I used chocolate fudge
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    7 ice cubes

Blend until smooth
  • thanks, vickie. did i tell you i've started adding 1/4 cup ff sour cream and cutting the milk back to 3/4 cup for each serving. i also add some splenda because of the ff sc. the shakes are extra creamy.
  • Cherry Cheesecake Smoothie

2T (1/2 small package) SF/FF Cheescake pudding
    1/2 cup frozen cherries
    1 cup FF Skim Milk

I'll add a dash of vanilla and 2-3 ice cubes even though their recipe didn't call for them. I like my smoothies really thick and cold. The cherry garcia one calls for 3 cubes and it's good. I'm wondering how different this will be than that one. Maybe I'll do strawberries or peaches. Just thinking out loud.

Blend and serve.
  • Christmas in a Cup!
    Looking for a yummy hot drink to warm you up? Here's just the thing! It's Thanksgiving and Christmas in a cup!

Hot Chai Chocolate

5 cups nonfat dry milk
    1 cup nonfat powdered creamer
    2 cups suger-free hot chocolate mix
    1 cup Splenda
    3 Tblsp cinnamon
    1 tsp cardomom
    1 tsp nutmeg

Mix all together in a large bowl. Store in an air tight container. Mix 2-3 Tablespoons per mug of hot water. Drink and Enjoy!

Happy Holidays!
  • Hot Chai Chocolate

5 cups nonfat dry milk
    1 cup nonfat powdered creamer
    2 cups suger-free hot chocolate mix
    1 cup Splenda
    3 Tblsp cinnamon
    1 tsp cardomom
    1 tsp nutmeg

Mix all together in a large bowl. Store in an air tight container. Mix 2-3 Tablespoons per mug of hot water. Drink and Enjoy!

From Carol at barbosdietkitchen.com
  • Yummy margarita with very few points
    1 1/2 cup diet sprite
    1 1/2 cup crystal lite lemonade (mixed per package directions)
    1 cup tequila
    1/2 cup lime juice (I used reconstituted)
    1/2 cup orange juice

Mix in your most festive pitcher and enjoy!!!

You wil need to figure your points based on how much you drink. Be careful, this is very tasty and might just sneak up on you!!
  • does anyone know if you can make a watermelon smoothie?