What's for Dinner?

• I've got a very lean piece of corned beef in the crockpot with onion, garlic and bay leaf. I'll add cabbage and taters (for Harry) late this afternoon.
    What's cookin', chez toi?
  • Still thinking about it. Don't hold your breath.
  • HUMMMM..... I have some chicken tenders in the fridge but who knows what I will do with them! Probably cover in bbq sauce and bake. Nice N Easy! teehee!
  • Bamie, I cannot STAND IT!! Even when I'm grumpy as old ****, all I have to do is read one of your posts ("teehee"?!?!), and I'm just about rolling around on the floor clutching my sides.
  • Dinner???? I haven't had my morning coffee yet...
  • Peggy, did you wake up late, or are you on the West Coast?

Ruth, your dinner sounds delicious! Can I come over? We're having something without a starch, but I've forgotten what it is! DH is cooking and I'll have it tomorrow for lunch. I'll be eating at school, which means it will be either a grilled chicken breast salad or a taco salad.
  • We're having Hearty Bean and Pasta Soup. It uses some whole wheat pasta, chicken broth, tomato juice, zucchini, kidney beans and other yummy stuff. It takes less than a half hour to prepare which is just perfect since I have a Cub Scout Roundtable meeting tonight.
  • What about chicken chili? DH would probably be to "chicken" to try it! I really want some chili but I only have some funky ground meat in the freezer DH bought and I wouldn't eat that crap if I wasn't on the beach! I hope it was cheap casue some of that stuff in there I would hate to think he paid for! tee hee! I don't know which is worse that ground meat or a pink hotdag! hahahahaha Ok let me know if y'all have ever made chili with chunks of chicken!
  • Chili & Cheese Chicken for me
  • Perogies for everyone else, garlic shrimp and veggies for me.
  • Ellis!!! No saying the "P" word around here...I'm fully addicted to those, covered in butter and onions....Mmmmmmm <laurie slips into a carb coma>

Bamie, I love that you call them "hotdags"...might be a typo, but pretty darn funny either way! And yes, try the "White Chicken Chili" recipe in the forums...it's AWESOME!!! Your husband will love it.

I took a look at the menu, and we're having Chicken Capri (from the SBD cookbook), steamed broccoli, and salad (a no carb night).
  • Salmon cakes with feta and spinach, asparagus, cauliflower.
  • Well, of course it WOULD be salmon way out there! Sounds good!
  • But of course...and it's wild coho. No farmed fish for me. I hug trees and wild salmon.