Introduction

• I lost a couple of pounds in the spring, but then life got in and I couldn't follow my plan any more. I only gained ca 4-5 pounds back, but still I wasn't happy with my weight.

So a couple of weeks ago, when life got back on track, we both (DH and me) got on South Beach and keep losing weight. I lost ca 15 pounds in the last weeks (2 weeks Phase 1 and 2 weeks Phase 2), but somehow forgot about this board. And as I should be learning for my exam on Sunday, I am procrastianting and have re-found the board LOL.

It feels good to find you all again and be able to chat and exchange ideas. I am also so happy to have found all the cool recipes, I am sick of eggs and low-fat sausages for breakfast. Tomorrow I am going to make some muffins or pancakes, or... LOL.

More about me: I am 27, SAHM of a one-year-old. I study (Master's Program in IT Management), enjoy cross-stitch, breeding cats, reading and walking. I live in Berlin, Germany.

My biggest issue at the moment is going back to the gym. I have been delaying going back for the last 4 weeks (I was on holiday before). I really, really need some motivation to restart my program.

It's nice to meet you all!
  • Welcome back Gosia!

It sounds like you are doing well so far.

I like your avatar (picture)

Kim
  • Hello Gosia, and welcome to "the beach." Congratulations on losing 26 pounds so far.

Now do tell, where do you find low-fat sausage in Germany? LOL - just kidding, I know they're out there, just few and far between, and usually still a lot of fat. I live in Bayern/Bavaria (I'm American). I'm on Phase 2 and have been eating oats with raisins for breakfast. Its really good on these cold mornings.

Good luck on your exam this weekend.
  • Hey welcome back to the beach! Hope to see ya around!
  • Gosia,

Welcome to the beach! There is plenty of room.
  • Welcome back, girl!
    I love all of your names!
  • Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome. I already feel at home here

That's true that the low-fat sausages are hard to get and still have more fat than needed, but I eat them rarely and decided as long as I'm losing weight I will keep eating small amounts of not-so-very-good food, simply because many things are not available here.

I still have problems with veggies though. I do not't like many of the healthy ones. I love carrots, green peas, corn and red beetroots, which are not allowed, sigh. I am fed up with broccoli, cauliflower and lettuce.