failed my gestational diabetes test

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • yuck.. now I have to go on Friday and take the 3 hour test.. that sucks. I really hope I pass this one!
    My iron is also really low so I have to get some extra OTC pills there. Pregnancy is starting to suck. Looking forward to it being done!

Dana
  • Dana, that three hour test is yucky. I had to take it three times when I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes when I was pregnant. I sure hope that you don't have it. I did alot of research on it when I was pregnant and I found some information that really scared me. I read that 75% of women who had gesational diabetes go on to develop diabetes sometime in their life. That was the main thing that got me going to losing some weight.

I hope that your 3 hour test goes well. By the way, you are doing awesome on your weight through your pregnancy! It's such a hard time to keep it under control and you are doing so well.
  • Good luck with the test. I don't know if I was lucky or unlucky but I didn't have to take the 3 hour test, they sent me straight into the diabetic clinic with 7x a day blood sugar testing to get a baseline. I wouldn't worry too much about it. I know that stress can make your levels be off.

Ditto what Tammy said about wanted to change after having that diagnosis.
  • Being gestational actually wasn't so much of a bad thing for me. They put me on a special diet and I actually lost weight while pregnant lol.

Hope all goes well for you *hugs*

Heather
  • Lots of love to you and good thoughts and prayers for Friday!
  • Good luck Friday Dana!

We'll all be here praying for good news.
  • Good luck on Friday Dana!!

I can't believe what a great job you have done on managing your weight so far. You rock!!
  • Yahoo!! I passed my 3 hour test!! I'm so happy about that - I did realize that I am NO good on a low carb diet!!

Thanks all for your support!

Dana
  • Wow, that's great news -- congrats! Must be a huge relief.
  • Oh, that's great news! I bet you're so incredibly relieved.

You're doing so darn well with your weight. I wish I had you around for inspiration when I was pregnant.
  • Great news Dana! Keep us posted, i love hearing about the baby stuff.
  • That's awesome, i'm so happy for you!
  • Great News!!!!
  • woohoo WTG Dana.
  • Dana, great to hear that you passed!! That is really good news. That sure is one less worry to have.