LCFS Week of Nov. 28th

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hi,

We started getting our Christmas stuff out yesterday intending to put them up today. We even went to Home Depot and got some of those lights that are on a net to put over a couple of tall bushes near the outdoor plug on the house. That should be something. I noticed other people on the street had the same idea as we did. One house has multi-colored icicle lights on the front. I've never seen multi-colored ones. They had them on last night and it really was very pretty. I prefer white lights, DH likes multi-colored. We got white lights for the front.

Lynn, that's a shame that there is too much furniture for your friend's house. We brought an awful lot of stuff with us too because we didn't know exactly how much we needed or didn't need. As we were unpacking we started to weed out a lot of stuff. We don't have as much storage down here as we did in NH because we do not have a basement. I don't envy your friends trying to figure out what to get rid of. Good luck to them.

Nikki, one thing down in FL that I really like is in the supermarket they have bags of cut up apples. I get a couple of bags every week and snack on that. I am thinking about starting to count points again....only thinking about it. After an initial 3 lb. loss on Core, the scale hasn't budged, but I've also gotten out of the exercising habit. I'm planning on doing the old 1-2-3 Success program. It's only a mind thing with me, but it's an older version of Flex.

Anne, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope everything is ok.

Enjoy your Sunday.
    Aleka
  • Good morning,
    Aleka, I've never seen so many Christmas lights as I've seen this year. I think the weather being warm so late in the year had a lot to do with it. People had the chance to put up lights without freezing to death. I've seen those mulitcolored icicle lights too and they are interesting. Well, they have to come out with new ideas or they won't sell any thing. I decided to forget decorating this year. Stripe is a very naughty guy and last year, he proved that he was the Grinch. We are going to DD #1's for Christmas eve and have a little get together. I told DD that I will go to church with her on Christmas morning, if we can find a church we want to go to. They are so weird around here. Not exactly snake handlers, but lots of holy rollers and holier than thou types and I just never felt comfortable around them. There are a couple of churches that are new, so we might check them out.
    I remember the 1-2-3 success program, but I never did do it. Whatever works is what matters. I've been journaling, so I know what my problem is this week. I don't think I will lose any weight, but I don't think I will gain any, and that's ok for a holiday week. I've increased my exercise too, although, today I haven't found the motivation to do it yet. I just have to get my big behind out of this chair, walk in there and get going.
    Hi Lynn and Anne, hope your doing ok. Lynn, are you making cookies yet?
    Ok, I got to do some exercise, no more excuses, talk to you later, Nikki
  • A Good Monday Morning,

We did get some Christmas stuff up yesterday. I have one of those Dept. 56 Villages, the New England Village. That is very time consuming to put up, so that was yesterday's project. We haven't put it up for a few years and I realized how much I missed doing it.

I hadn't had eggs for breakfast in a while. I had them yesterday and felt most of the morning. It was so bad I layed down for a bit and after a while I got this thought I'd like some popcorn. So, I got up and made myself some Kettle Corn, then I seemed to feel much better. See Nikki, there are medicinal purposes in Kettle Corn, so it's ok to eat the whole bag in one sitting. Anyway, I don't think I'll be eating eggs for breakfast again. It's really weird because I can eat them in a salad and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Nikki, sorry you won't be decorating this year, and if I had a cat like Stripes, I probably wouldn't either. He sounds like a little , my type of cat. He'll grow out of it. We had a cat once that was like Stripes and she did slow down as she aged. Your plans for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day sound great. I'm sure you'll find a church. DH & I are lapsed RC, but we try to go to mass Christmas Eve. We're planning to this year. You really have to enjoy the holidays and just try to maintain. Do you read the Skinny Daily Post? I think there is a thread on that on 3fc. I read what she wrote the other day about holidays and got a good chuckle out of it.

Hi Anne, Lynn, hope you both are doing ok.

We're off today looking for some "Floridian" type gifts to send our former neighbors in NH and do a little Christmas shopping too.

Have a good day.
    Aleka
  • Good morning,
    I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1/2 a lb, so I'll take that and be happy. I haven't read the Skinny Daily Post, Aleka, I'll have to look it up. I've been reading alot of websites that are centered around WW. I think if I focus on it, it helps to remind me to stay focused on it when I'm hungry. I'm rarely really hungry, but sometimes, I have some really powerful cravings and it's hard to stop thinking about eating.
    I still really like that Kettle Corn. DH doesn't like it, and that's good, cause he can eat up everything in no time. I have some WW ice cream sandwiches hidden in the freezer in the garage. If he knew they were there, they'd be gone in a day. He loves ice cream, even if it's FF and low cal, he'll devour it. Then complain that it wasn't as good as the regular kind.
    I decided to start to treat myself once a week if I do lose 2 lbs, which is my weekly goal. I've thought about things that are special, but don't cost more than $5. One is to rent a movie that I want to see and watch it alone. We usually get something DH likes or something we both like. Then, DH talks all the way through the movie, so I can't hear what is being said. I realized, I never rent a movie by myself, even though it's not that expensive, so this would be a real treat for me, something to do in the middle of the day even, how decadent . Then, if there is no movie I'd like to see, my other treat will be a bouquet of fresh flowers from Walmart, or somewhere you can get a bunch of flowers for less than $5. DH stopped buying me flowers years ago and in the winter time, nothing perks up the table and the house like some fresh flowers. A gift to myself for a job well done and reward for not eating more than I should.
    We got some snow last night and it's still snowing. It's the first snow this year. Right now, it's beautiful, fluffy and there's not more than 2 inches of it. They say tonight, we will get freezing rain. That is too bad, DD was planning on taking her driving test again tomorrow and I doubt she will want to now. I don't think I'd want her to either if there's ice out there.
    Aleka, I really hope Stripe doesn't out grow some of his ways, but I know he will. He is so much fun, even if he is a real most of the time.
    Hi Anne and Lynn, hope your both doing well.
    Take care everyone, Nikki
  • Hi Everyone: Just lost a real long post. If I am writing a post and someone else is posting I lose the post I am woorking on. I don't know why. I am on the computer for the first time since friday. We have been helping out friends and we both are very tired. Today is a veg day. I opened up Curves today so I have got that over with. The only other thing I am going to do is dinner and run the dog in the park. I have a good book that is due back at the library tomorrow so plan to finish it today. Do any of you read Maeve Binchy's books? Well this is a author with a similar style to her's. Her name is Cathy Kelly and she is excellent. Congrat's Nikki on your weight loss. I will be weighed in a week or so at Curves and am curious to know were I stand. I definately know I have lost weight and inches and I really feel good. DH has our house lite up like a Christmas tree. They all blink and when I went out last night to walk the dog they really look good. This week I will put up the tree and start decorating inside. Since we are never here for Christmas and at least a week around xmas we get a early start to decorating so we can enjoy our own tree. I'm with you Aleka I like clear lights. My tree is gold lights with everything else in gold and burgandy. Well I guess I had better have my shower and start my day. Will be back Later. Hi Anne, how is your shopping coming?
  • I'm experimenting with a new signature, just wanted to see if it shows up
  • Looks like it's going to work
  • Hi,

DH & I did get some shopping done yesterday and I found a few things to send to our former neighbors and my cousin.

Lynn, yes, I like Maeve Binchy books. As a matter of fact I have a new one in my pile of books to read. Off hand I can't remember the title. Your tree sounds so beautiful with gold lights and burgundy and gold trimmings. I love those 2 colors together. That's good you're feeling as though you have lost.

Nikki, those things from the ticker factory are really neat. I've seen them on a lot of posts. I have been thinking of adding one to my posts, I figure it will keep me motivated. That's a really good plan you have about treating yourself everytime you lose 2 lbs. in a week. I like the plan of renting a movie. You can pop yourself a bag of kettle corn, watch a movie, and have a great afternoon. I agree, there is nothing like fresh flowers to brighten up a room in the winter. Did you get the freezing rain? That's what I hated the most.

Have a good day ladies.
    Aleka
  • Good morning,
    We didn't get the freezing rain, but DD cancelled her test till next week already. I think she needs a little more practice anyway. Yesterday, she told me that the first time she tried to parellel park, she did it, but she was 12 inches away from the curb and the tester said she had to get closer than that. So the next 2 times, she kept getting up on the curb, trying to get closer. I dont' know if she will ever be able to pass if she has to get it exactly perfect. I told her keep taking the darn thing until she either passes or the tester is sick of seeing her.

Lynn, I still haven't picked up a book yet. I don't know who those authors are. I think the colors you are using for your tree are very elegant. I've always thought they look warm, deep and inviting. I also love blue and white, but if you saw my house you'd say what else is new. Most of my furniture, carpet and everything is some variation of blue. There are a few things that aren't, but they were gifts or came with the house (like the tile and the bathroom fixtures-an ugly brown). I have always been a blue and white lover.

Aleka, I wasn't sure I'd want to put that ticker there, because now it's like a commitment. But what the heck, it's cute. They sure have a lot of choices.
    I will definitely have a bag of that kettle corn with a movie. Probably some of that new Pepsi, that has 1/2 the calories to drink with it. DD says it tastes as good as regular Pepsi and has 70 calories in a can. I'm not a pop drinker, but I think for a movie, it would be a real treat.

I did WATP 2 mile yesterday morning, a different 45 min. body sculpting tape and in the evening, the WATP 1 mile. So this morning, feeling full of myself, I tried the WATP 3 mile and got to the 1.5 mile distance and quit. Wow, that is more intense. Plus, I hadn't had my morning coffee or cereal, so I was running on empty. Think I'll wait a few weeks before I try that again though. It's not that I think it's impossible, it's just, I'm not ready for that yet.

Has anyone tried the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches? I bought the mint kind and they are super good. I might even let DH have one, They are 2 points each.

Guess I'll go get my day going and have some cereal, have a good one, Nikki
  • Hi Just got back from the library. It is a beautiful cold day here. Was at Curves by 7:30 than went to coffee with some of the ladies, really enjoyed myself. Mya goes to the groomers tomorrow. This will be the first visit that they can start getting her back into the spanial cut ( we had to shave her when we got her). Well believe it or not I am finished christmas shopping. I went into Radio Shack to buy a cartridge for my printer and bought my last 2 presents. What a relief. Tomorrow I will put up the tree and than I will wrap the presents. On the 14th I am going to DD's to dog sit Cooper. He is being neutered on the 15th and they don't want him to be alone and they can't get time off work. My baking stuff is there so will do my Christmas baking than and put it in her freezer and won't have to bring from here. I also will take a day and color and set my Mom's hair. I will have to get the new Maeve Binchy book. Nikki email me the site were you got that ticker on your posts. Maybe after I have been weighed and measured at Curves I can do something like that. Blue is my favorite color, for years I only wore blue but now wear black, better to hide the fat A friend of mine who doesn't like diet pop likes that new pepsi. As I have said am a pop a holic, thank god I only drink diet. Well that is it for now. Later
  • Lynn,
    Just take your pointer up and point to the snowman or the scene and click on it. It will take you right to the site. It's really easy, you just have to pick out what you want, they have pages of things to chose from. You don't have to join or do anything else. So far, I've had no problems since using it.
  • Nikki,
    I went into the Ticker Factory. How do you get it into your posts? I believe it really would keep me committed, and that's what I need right now.

Aleka
  • Aleka, I edited my signature and cut and pasted from their website. I just looked it up here to make sure that is how you do it and now, 3FC's has a rule that says you can't display another website in your signature without approval. I'm not sure if this is ok or not now, so I'm going to email and ask them. Just when I decide to do it too
    I've seen other people use the smiley faces here and for each 5 lb loss, they will use one smiley face that they pick out. I might have to do that instead.
  • I found this thread that addresses the tickerfactory question
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48837
    It looks like it's ok to use them, but might slow down the site or this thread, I'm not sure what it said really, but guess I'll do away with it. She says they are working on their own version for 3 FC's and it should be up soon. They really are great here. In the mean time, I'm going to look for a smiley face that I like to use instead, later, Nikki
  • Nikki, after I posted, I went into Ticker Factory and tried to get it to my post, but it didn't work. I did go into that forum you mentioned and I think I will hold off also until 3fc has their own.

Have a good evening,
    Aleka