My son's on his way home!

• Hi, Chicks! I am SO beyond excited! My son, John, called last night to say that he could not get his 96 hour liberty to come home for the weekend, but today they changed their minds and gave the guys liberty! His bus will be pulling in at 11:40 so my husband is on his way to the bus station right now! Woooohoooooo!

I just had to share!

Hugs to you!
  • Wow-----Great
    Congratulations,

I know what a thrill that is. My daughter is also in the Marines. She's stationed at Camp Pendelton in California. Lucky me, she was home over Veterans Day.

Enjoy!!
  • I am so glad that your son could make it home. Hope you have a great visit together.
  • Aileen, I'm so happy for you!! Enjoy your time together.
  • Wonderful! (Is he bringing his tuba?) Have a thankful day!
  • Woohoo! So good that he will be home for the holidays.
  • Quote: Wonderful! (Is he bringing his tuba?) Have a thankful day!
    LOL No, he hasn't played since he graduated high school back this past year. My other son, Adam, is still a tuba player, though! He brought his tuba home the other day in order to take it to play at the Christmas parade in town. The darn thing takes up my entire back seat and doesn't fit in my trunk!

John made it in last night and has had his first dose of reality. He has found out the hard way that just because the ATM machine says that you have $700 in your account, does not mean that you necessarily have $700 in your account. He's on the phone with his father (stiff Navy Master Chief) eating humble pie trying to get money out of his custodial savings account to cover the overdrafts. I don't think he'll be doing this again! Poor baby... but he's got to learn!

I hope everyone has a fabulous Thanksgiving!