New

• Hi everyone!
    I am new to the board- what do I need to do to be part of your group?
  • Welcome to 3FC. Just jump in and be yourself. That's pretty much it. If you need anything just ask. There are some great articles all over the board to help you in your quest and the ladies (and a couple of guys) are fab. Glad to have you aboard
  • Hi CrimeGirl! Welcome.
  • OH GEEZZZ. when i see questions like this i just can't help causing some mischief... so before i start teasing you, crime girl, please realize that dharma has summed it all up very nicely.

sooooo. what shall we plan for crime girl's initiation??? shall we make her write out 'i will not eat chocolate' 500 times and post it???

or will we tell her that standing on her head for 20 minutes a day is the key to successful weight loss????

we really SHOULD discuss some initiation rites - or are the rest of you soo much kinder than i am???
  • Hi, I'm Pam and this is a wonderful site. You'll find all you need to get started and accomplish your goals. I started in Aug at 280 and am now 232 with the help and support I've found here. Just ask and there will always be someone who's" been there" and "done that."
  • It's getting close to Christmass so I think you should be a little nicer jiffy. Maybe we should make her dress up in an elf outfit and go around handing out veggies instead of candy. LOL

Nice to meet you Crime Girl. Just jump in and have fun. Everyone is great here.
  • Quote: sooooo. what shall we plan for crime girl's initiation??? shall we make her write out 'i will not eat chocolate' 500 times and post it???

we really SHOULD discuss some initiation rites - or are the rest of you soo much kinder than i am???
    Jiff, you make me laugh!

Welcome, Crime Girl -- fabulous name, by the way! You did all you need to --a pleasant hello is all we ask, so we can reach out to you and play nicely! Feel free to jump in and contribute, or lurk, or whatever feels the best for you. We're really very nice, and oh-so-smart. I would definitely recommend reading through a bunch of our threads so you can see how wonderful we are, though.......

Very nice to have you join us -- let us know if there's any way we can help.
  • You guys are so nice- I feel welcome already!!

As for initiation- you all had some wonderful suggestions-really -but I think I am going to have to pass- especially on the handing out veggies idea. I am in a college town and I fear most people here wouldn't know a veggie if it bit them on the rear.

Anyway, in case anyone is interested- I am trying to lose 140 lbs so I need all the help I can get. My biggest problem, like most people, is staying motivated. I go to school full time and work full time so I can create some really creative excuses not to exercise and eat right.
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome and humor.
  • Hi and welcome.
    Jiff you are too funny although the elf and veggies could be quite hillarious as well.
  • Welcome Crime Girl!
  • I have a question...how do you get the extra stuff at the bottom of your posts? What I am talking about is the ticker factory things and stats on yourself. Is there a template I can put them in?
  • If you scroll up to the top of the page you will see 'user cp' on the purple bar.Click on it. Click on 'signature' and anything you put in will appear on the bottom of your message. For a ticker go to www.tickerfactory.com
    Get back to us if you are having any probs. Go for it with the 140 pounds. There are some people around here who have lost that amount and are keeping it off. It can be done!!!!!
    love Annie