fad diets: ever make up your own?

• Have you ever made up your own "fad quality" diet? Weird concoctions, extreme cuisine, or just plain stupid ideas?

This was back in the early 80s, and resulted from lack of knowledge and desperation, but I once created my own "Rocky" inspired diet plan, which included shakes made from chocolate milk and raw eggs. I then ran up and down stairs as much as I could. I lost about 10 pounds! Then I lost another 10 pounds due to Salmonella

What's the most ridiculous diet you ever came up with?
  • I drank vinegar in my water, and swallowed kelp pills and gigantic lecithin capsules. Why did Mom let me buy that stuff? I was no more than 15. I didn't lose ANY weight on this, btw.
  • I did my own 'eat every other day' diet way back when. I binged one day, fasted the next. Didn't lose a thing!
  • Wow this thread is right up my alley LOL
    Once I tried eating nothing but boiled eggs and drank tomato juice for all my meals for about 3 days....I lost about 5 pounds but gained it back as soon as I started eating other kinds of foods, I was hungry
  • Nothing but eggs and tomato juice? I'd lose weight on that one alright...from all the vomiting!