LCFS Week of Nov. 7th.

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi Everyone: First of all Anne, you have been in my thoughts all weekend. Today is a cold, windy and Snowy day. Yup, it's back. We woke up to a winter wonderland. It is so beautiful. My back is almost back to normal. I have never been in such incrediable pain. I have had back problems for a few years but NOTHING like the pain of Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I go to the Dr.s on Friday and will be staying with DD as it is my GS 1st. birthday on Saturday. Today I had my hair cut, it was awful and I always feel good after having my hair done. I have part of GS B'day present but still have to buy an outfit. Actually I am going to buy a outfit for me also. My diet is going really well. Mind you I ate nothing for a few days but pop pills DH kept some stuff up so the place isn't to bad, I don't think I want to do to much for a while. Well that is it for now. Hope you all are well.
  • Hi everyone,
    Anne, I too have been thinking alot about you. We are always here for you and you can contact us any time you need someone to talk to, either here, PM or email (I know you know that, but just wanted to make sure you know how much we care). I wish I lived closer to you, I sure would like to make you a meal or something and give you a big hug.

Aleka, how's it going? Have you got everything put away? Our weather isn't bad yet, still in the 60's and sunny. They say we will be getting some of that white stuff too on Wednesday night. Not much, just enough to make it slippery and miserable.

Lynn, really glad your feeling better. I never get a good hair cut, so I hate getting it done. I only go twice a year and I always get the same old cut. Same hair cut I've had since I was 2 years old. Talk about being stuck in a rut. I've had a few other styles, but I didn't like them.

We are getting the yard and the house ready for winter. Put up plastic on the windows, plastic on the camper, snow fence around the yard. I can hardly believe it's this time of year already and it seems when winter finally does hit full force, that it lasts forever. Why doesn't summer feel that way, I wonder?
    No news about the job, and that's ok. I'm not too sure about having that surgery either. I don't like the idea of being off my feet for weeks on end. Like Lynn, my DH will do some things around the house, but he's no ball of fire. Drives me nuts when I can't get up and do stuff for myself.

Think about you guys alot, take care, Nikki
  • Good morning,

Anne, you have been in my thoughts too along with Lynn and Nikki. I hope that you are doing ok.

Lynn, I used to love to see the first snowfall when everything looked like a winter wonderland. It was the ones after that were annoying. Sorry that you were in so much pain with your back. Glad that it's starting to feel better. I'm getting a haircut this morning from someone new She was recommended by the people we bought the house from, and they're in their late 30's/early 40's. I've also had some pretty nasty haircuts, especially when I was a child. My aunt was a hairstylist back in the 50's and gave me some awful do's. I've worn my hair the same for a number of years. When I do get a new style, I go right back to the same old..same old.

Nikki, it's gotten colder here too. It's been in the 50's just about every morning, but gets into the 70's by late afternoon. I'm back in long pants again. Recouperating at home was the best part of having surgery. I got to lay around and act like a man.

DH & I went to an art show in a neighboring city on Sat. We're looking for something "Floridian" to put on the wall above the sliding doors in our living room. We did see this beautiful wall sculpture that would fit very nicely. It was over $600.00. Then we saw something else that was a little over $200.00. We came home with a $40.00 ceramic Boston Terrier wall hanging which DH put in the spot above the sliders. It's kind of small for there, but it covers the screw that is already there, and it'll do until we find something else.

Have a good day.
    Aleka
  • Morning,
    Still fairly nice here, suppose to be in the 60's today and tomorrow night it will change to the winter stuff. I'm not thinking stuff, but what I am thinking I can write here
    Aleka, I had to laugh when I read that line about laying around like a man. I can't tell you how many times I've been washing dishes and DH is laying on the couch and I'm thinking that same thing. I was raised to get up and work if there was something to do and I guess he was raised to lay down when there was work to do. I still don't understand that.
    Lynn, how's your back today? I have to say, I'm doing pretty good with the WW points. I'm losing more weight everyday. I started off kind of slow, but today, I was down 1 1/2 lbs more than the start of the week. I'm still doing WATP every morning, the one mile walk. I see Leslie Sansone has a new workout program out, just in time for the holidays I suppose. It really looks interesting. It's called Walk Blaster and uses some kind of slanted step board. I was looking at it on her website and someone on another BB said they had seen the new infomercial. I think after I graduate to the 3 mile walk, I will treat myself to the new series of video's.
    Anne, how are you doing? Thinking about you often.
    Take care everyone, Nikki
  • Goodmorning All: More snow and very cold today. When I was in looking at tapes yesterday I saw Leslie has a tape out for Yoga and Pilates. I looked at them but will treat myself to one when I am back into the exercising. I am afraid to do any until I have been to the doctor's and have a RX with me in case I hurt my back again. I feel so good today I would like to go to Curves and I just might later if I can get the fear of that awful pain out of my head. I also am doing really well with WW. Can't beleive how easy it is to follow. I might find a group to join to get the new material. I think after I have been on the diet for a couple of months I will reward myself, because as they say it has to be a lifestyle change. Today I have to do some things DH wouldn't think to do. I am going to get him to vaccum though. Yes how DH can sit on his butt while I am doing dishes never fails to p--- me off. When I am in a mood now I just tell him "your turn" and park my butt. It does make me feel good!!! When I was on Leslie's walks I found the 3 M boring. I would do the 2 in the morning and later in the afternoon when I was in a snacky kind of mood I would do the 1 M. Well off to start my day. Back Later.
  • Hi

We're going to Ft Myers later this morning to do some shopping at some stores that they don't have where we live. Then we're taking my IL's out to lunch.

That's funny you guys should mention about doing dishes. That happened to me last Sun. I was so p---ed. Lynn, that's when I start banging pots and pans. I would bang the dishes, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have any left! I did a lot of work around the house while he sat at the computer and watched a football game. I just think he could have offered to do the supper dishes. He came out when he heard all the banging and asked me what was wrong. I then blasted him out.

Anne, how are you doing?

Nikki, congratulations on your weight loss! That's fantastic! The WATP tapes are really helping you too. I"m glad that you like them. I have an older Leslie Sansone Tape that is broken up into 3 segments. She incorporates a few little dance steps into it and I like to do that sometimes too, just for something different. Off hand, I don't remember the name of it.

Lynn, how is your back today? I really like the new WW program too. I have the new materials that I purchased off of e bay. If you have any questions just let me know and hopefully I can answer them. I think this program is so easy. I feel almost like I'm SSizing, and when I have mashed potatoes, peas, or corn, I feel soooo guilty. It is nice to have those things back again. I've been making those cheese crackers out of low-fat cheese to have along with soup for lunch. I've tried it with the fat-free cheese, but it doesn't come out as well.

Take care Aleka
  • Goodmorming Ladies: Thanks for the recipe Aleka, I will try that later when I have got some potatoes. The extras Canadians add have to include white vinegar. Whenwe went to Florida we used to have to bring our own. Used to take a little container into restaurants for the french fries.I too am so pleased with weight watchers. I met a lady in a dress shop yesterday who is a WW leader. She lost 70 lbs. over 2 years ago. She also does Lesley's WATP's. There is a WW meeting here every Tuesday night so when I get the ok to go back to Curves I'm thinking about joining, At least for a few weeks to get all the literature, who knows I might stay for the support. I can hardly wait to weigh myself on the curves scales, I hope I am doing as well as Nikki. Probabley not because I havn't done any exercising in 2 weeks. My next problem is xmas baking. I usually start around the first of December and do all the baking for the kids and my step-father. I make up tins for the kids in-laws also. I don't want to do it this year. Not that I feel tempted but I'm just not in the mood this year. I don't eat the stuff but I know the kids expect it. Now that I see the problem in black and white I guess I have no choice but to do what I always do. Well I guess that's my whine for today. I am going to Barrie to shop. Well be back later
  • Hi you guys,
    I got to give DH a break. Yesterday, he started to haul rock into our driveway and so far, has unloaded 2 pickup loads alone. I have spent the time on the computer while he's done it, so I guess, I'm the man today He doesn't expect me to help him and I'm glad, I hate doing that. I really didn't think he was going to do that, but we sure did need some rock out there, it was just a bunch of mud puddles with some rock around the edges.
    Aleka, sounds like you have a fun day ahead of you, hope you enjoy it and find some great bargains We went to a thrift store yesterday in Pella (where the rich people live) and wow, they sure want a lot for their junk. Actually, a lot of it was very good stuff, but they were charging almost the price of what you'd pay for it new, so we didn't buy anything. We did have a nice lunch at a deli in the grocery store and I was so tempted to eat some german potatoes and fried stuff. I stuck to broasted chicken breast without the skin, carrots and green beans. It was hard, but after I sat down, it tasted good and I was satisfied.
    Lynn, have you really talked to the kids about the Christmas treats? I use to make candy all month long and finally, I found out the kids didn't really want it, because they are trying to watch their calories too. I thought I was doing what I had to and they were doing what they thought they had to (accepting the candy and being pleased about it, when they weren't). Well, that was the end of that! Anyway, maybe you should just tell them you want to stop baking Christmas treats. I'm sure they would really understand. If you wait, the grandkids will start to expect it and you will never be able to tell them that your not going to make it. Besides, what I found was, I was burnt out with the candy. But after a few years, I started to make a few batches of things anyway again, because I wanted to. The kids seemed to like that I was making smaller portions, we just ate them on Christmas eve when we opened presents and then it was gone and done with.
    Our WW meets on Tuesday night too. I'm still thinking of joining, but think I'll wait till it's closer to the first of the year. I bet they will have a special then.
    Hi Anne, thinking about you as aways.
    Take care everyone, Nikki
  • It has long been contended that there are male jokes and there are female jokes. And there are unisex jokes. Here is a joke I consider a true female joke. I offer it to you in the hopes that women will love it and men will pass it along to a woman who will love it.

A woman was sitting at a bar enjoying an after work cocktail with her girlfriends when an exceptionally tall, handsome, extremely sexy middle-aged man entered. He was so striking that the woman could not take her eyes off him. The young-at-heart man noticed her overly attentive stare and walked directly toward her. (As all men will.) Before she could offer her apologies for so rudely staring, he leaned over and whispered to her, "I'll do anything, absolutely anything, that you want me to do, no matter how kinky, for $20.00.on one condition." (There are always conditions)

Flabbergasted, the woman asked what the condition was. The man replied, "You have to tell me what you want me to do in just three words." (controlling huh?) The woman considered his proposition for a moment, then slowly removed a $20 bill from her purse, which she pressed into the man's hand along with her address. She looked deeply into his eyes, and slowly, and meaningfully said.... "Clean my house."

This struck me as funny and inline with our conversations the last little while
  • Very cute joke, thanks, Lynn, I could use a laugh tonight.
  • Hi,

It's funny you both should mention about possibly joining WW. I've also been kicking around that idea for the past few days. My new hairstylist is a lifetime member of WW and boy is she thin! That got me thinking about joining again. I did a search Tues. night and found a meeting not very far from here. They have one...yep, Tues. night and also Wed. morning, which is the one I would attend. I am still thinking about it because it's kind of expensive and the last time I joined I only stuck it out a couple of weeks. But, I also know that having to face that scale every week will keep me on the straight and narrow, as I don't do very well on my own. It would also give me a chance to meet some new people down here, as I really do miss my friends back north. I am a bit homesick.

Lynn, got a good chuckle out of that joke, thanks. I've been to restaurants that put malt vinegar on the table for fries. I've tried it and really like the taste. I've never heard of putting white vinegar on them, I'll give it a try. Maybe you could just bake one thing for your step-father, or get something made at a local bakery, and go get some store bought cookies or something for all the tins for the kids. Our grocery stores here have their own bakery and you can buy some pretty decent tasting cookies. Hope you had a good shopping trip. If you get a good WW meeting it's great and you do meet a lot of nice people. The last time I went to WW there were these 2 young women who turned the focus of the meeting onto to them and their questions. It wasn't a very good meeting and it soured me a little. I later found out from a friend that these women were doing the same thing at all the meetings. Good luck tomorrow at the Dr.

Nikki, we didn't buy anything. We went to Lowes, which we don't have here, to look for some new knobs for the kitchen cabinets, they only had 12 of the ones we really liked, but we need 35. We were also looking for a ceiling fan for the bedroom. I saw one that I really liked, but DH said the hardware on the fan didn't match the hardware on our bureaus. Then he said that we were just looking anyway. I then asked him if we were just looking why did he get a carriage? It's getting to be a lot of fun...me without hormones and literally being together 24/7.

Have a good Veterans Day everyone.
    Aleka
  • Good morning,
    The Canadian weather has started to stretch down into my neck of the woods. No snow yet, but it's cold and wet out there.
    Yesterday, I was picking up DD and some fan started to run in the car. When I got home, the fan won't turn off, even when I turned the car off. I woke up DH (like waking a bear) and told him about it. He then roared like a bear and went out to see if he could figure it out, which he couldn't, so he took the battery cables off. That cadillac is such a lemon. I will never buy another old cadillac again. It has been nothing but trouble. At least the other car and truck are still working ok, but the other car is a convertible and it leaks water, so you can get pretty soaked if it's raining. The convertible is DH's from when he was single and going through that midlife crisis thing.
    Aleka, DH and I use to work together and then come home together. I know what you mean. Being together all the time is ...no fun
    The hardware not matching, I thought I was picky. That is some attention to detail.
    I was thinking the same thing about attending meetings, that it's a good way to meet new people, plus facing the scale does make a difference. Your right, Aleka, just one or two people can turn a meeting (any kind of meeting) into an attention seeking sort of thing (trying to get the focus of attention on themselves all the time) and ruin it for everyone else.
    Lynn, I like those dill pickle chips, have you ever had any? They have a vinegary taste too. It can get addicting. I tried those new Ruffles light chips last night. They aren't really new, they use to be called WOW. I saw that they only had 70 calories and no fat. After I ate them, I could feel this motor oil kind of feeling on my lips from the olestra. Kind of sticky and very icky. I've never had any before and I guess, that is the last time I will eat them. I thought they tasted as good as regular chips, but if my lips felt that bad, I can only imagine what my insides are trying to do with that stuff.
    I have got to go do WATP and get my day going. I log onto the computer and before I know it, hours have passed.
    Hi Anne
    Later, Nikki
  • Hello again...

Do any of you take 400 I.U. or more of Vitamin E suppliment? I saw on Good Morning America this morning that they did a study of the affects/effects(?) of large dosages of Vitamin E. They found out that it does more harm than good and their resident Dr., Timothy Johnson, advised people who were taking it to stop immediately. He went on to say that the dosage you get in your multi vitamin is alright and that you should get it in green leafy vegetables. Luckily we hadn't taken our vitamins before we saw te newscast, so I just took the Vitamin E out of the pile. Just wanted to give you a heads up just in case you guys take it and hadn't heard the news.

Nikki, sorry about your car problems. Hope you get it fixed. What happened was really weird. When WOW potato chips first came out, my MIL tried them and the Olestra gave her very bad digestive problems. I really like the Lays Baked Potato Chips. DH is very detail oriented and more of a perfectionist than I am, which sometimes makes me crazy. I just noticed the fan, which was the color of our bedroom set. It doesn't matter to me if the hardware is different.

We're off to Home Depot to look at knobs for the cabinets and a fan.
    Bye again,
    Aleka
  • Aleka, Thanks for the heads up about the vitamin e. I had heard something about it, but never paid attention. I will throw out my e this morning. Gee, you think your doing something good. Just like coffee, one day it's ok, the next it's not. Now, I hear coffee is good for you, so think I'll go grab a and use it to down my multivitamin
  • Hi Everyone: Keep the vitamin E and prick the cap and rub the oil on dry skin.Well All the housework is done and DH did all the vacuuming and dusting. Also swept the kitchen floor for me to wash it. The laundry is done and all I have to do it get clothes organized to pack for our 3 days away. Aleka, I don't know how you are surviving without hormones. I would be in lock up by now without them. Yes this 24/7 takes some adjusting to particularly when you don't know very many people as you don't and I didn't last year. Yes I am really thinking about weight watcher meetings. I might wait till closer to Xmas because there are always specials on then. I am going to talk to the kids and ask them their favorites of the baking and what they eat. Thanks for the ideas on handling the situation.I will do the 2 or 3 favorites of DH and that will be that. Well that'snit for now . Later