300+ and Ready To Try Again ... #592

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
    We share laughter and tears.
    We share what works for us and what doesn't.
    We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
    Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
    Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
    Thursday......Thankful Thursday
    Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
    Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
    Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
  • WOW ... I came if for a quick fix ... and I have been here forever. LOL
    I don't have time to post. I spent my time making a change in our Turkey Challenge.

I am torn in whether to post it here too or just on the Turkey Day Thread.
    I feel it is an IMPORTANT change and I am afraid people will forget to go check it out after reading everyone's posts.
    BUT... I have decided... this is not the correct thread to post it on. SO PLEASE DON'T FORGET to go check out the updated/improved rule for your THREE point bonus.

Now .. let's hear how everyone is doing today.
  • Motivation Monday: I'm trying hard to get motivated. After posting on the weigh-in thread, I see that I've been down and up and basically haven't gone very much of anywhere since school started. I feel like I've been doing fairly well--I haven't been binging, which makes me happy--but I really want some serious positive change. Maintaining is good, I know that, but sheesh, I really want some results that are meaningful sometime soon.

Michelle--I know Uniontown and California, but we were farther north (and closer to P-burgh): New Kensington/Arnold. Are you liking NC?

cd--Awareness is the first step, girl. Hope you can take the next one--breaking the pattern.
  • Kat: WOW, GREAT shopping. I knew you would have fit in at the MOA.

I WAS going to catch up with responses but my dear brother is on his way over - since it's accross the road it won't take him long!!!

Later,

GO VIKINGS
  • Having a great food day... and doing a lot of water drinking. I'm counting herbal tea as water. Just have to do my 21 minutes (yes, I've gone up a whole minute) on the bike tonight. Going to stop and buy some apples, too, so I have something when I get craving.

Now, if I can just manage to do this every day for a couple more years, it should get to be habit! And, then, if I could get the rest of my life this organized.... look out, I'll be conquering the world! And all because the turkey demands compliance.
  • Well I'm new here ... and since I'm from Australia it's already Tuesday!
    But I have to say that I am feeling very motivated this morning having joined this board, and done an hours deep water walking for exercise. It's so good having support on the journey!
  • WELCOME Hippygoddess !!! WE love having newcomers join us... and being from Australia is even more exciting.

CONGRATULATIONS on your success you have already had.
    I have lots of different little goals. None are as big as 50lbs before I get to celebrate. LOL I met my first goal of 25lbs. Now I am working on an 18 lb goal.

Hope you post often and tell us all about yourself. I will have to go read your bio.
  • Time to talk turkey...
    Or...talk TO my turkey...and tell him about the wonderful day I had! My water has been consumed...my food has been great...I even went to the gym and took a Step/Interval Training Class. Step with weights in between the stepping segments, basically. Great work out. I just have to go journal and jump into bed. Back to work tonight...

Just making sure I get my post in!

See y'all tomorrow!
  • Well we have the metric system here, so I usually measure in kg! I have 5 kg goals (I've made 3 so far) and I give myself a little non-food treat when I reach one (eyelash tint and hair style / clothes etc) ... but 50 lbs sounds so impressive LOL even if I have a lot more than that to lose! When I get to that I will be celebrating!
    Lately I have been letting the everyday stuff get me down, and I haven't lost anything in the last few weeks, so I'm kickstarting myself again, with the help of this board
    Thanks again for the welcome ... I hope I can be as encouraging to others as you have been to me
  • Hi gang,

I'm about to kill the dog for bugging me so I better post this quick and then go walk him.

I'm liking having access again to the WW Online. It works much smoother than it used to. I found out today that if I gallop Tanyah for 30 minutes, I'd earn 5 activity points. FIVE! She'd probably run from me the next time she laid eyes on me. I told DH that I'd have to have a race track to be able to gallop her that long. Like who has room to do that? Jockey's? I guess I better go for few points.

Maybe I could get an electric prod and gallop the dog instead.

I've had another great OP day. That makes one solid week for me that I have been journalling everything, doing at least 20 minutes of exercise a day (oops, I did miss Friday because I was shopping), drinking all my water, and have stayed within my alloted points for my week.

I had to do some backtracking today at lunch after I read Kat's comment about posting daily. Holy Crap! I didn't realize I had to keep track of whether I had posted or not! So far, I'm good for that since the 3rd. Too much pressure to have to post daily. Especially since we are supposed to be getting up and moving more.

Sorry for no individual replies but I need to bundle up and go walking.

OOOH.

Happy Birthday Pat!!!! I hope you've had a great day.

Welcome Hippygoddess!
  • Manic Monday
    Hiya Ladies,

I just read all the posts and am very impressed with how everyone is doing! I am doing okay. Mondays suck, no getting around it. I took my son bowling with me tonight and I did great. I'll have to take him more often.

Stayed OP most of the day, drank lots of water and went to Curves. Now I am off to bed so I can get up early and bring our Saturn in for them to figure out what the "clunking" noise is that I keep hearing. Here's hoping it's under warranty, whatever it is. It's only got 3400 miles on it, so it better be.

Guess that's it for now. Have a great evening.

TTFN

• Hi everyone! Another quickie for me.

Hippy: Welcome to our humble little corner of 3FC's. I read your Bio and see that we ALMOST share a birthday! How cool! Also cool that you're from "down under". We had a gal a couple of years ago from Australia, but she got too busy for us. We're glad to have you here.

Pat: If you're still lurking, I would like to wish you a very Happy Birthday! Hope you've had a wonderful day!

Off to bed for me. I had my hair cut and permed today so I feel like a new woman!!! Love ya bunches!!!
  • Hey!
    Ack, once again I am here doing a fly by! I want to find time to read, but I am falling over tired right now. Work was nuts today. I barely had time to stop and think. I really wanted to just go home and sit on the couch, but NO WAY, I went to the gym and did my deep water class and then stayed to swim laps. Now I am finishing up some water, just wrote in my journal and wanted to say hi!!! I get 4 stickers today!

2cute - I am honestly not sure if I got a post in everyday for the first bonus. I'm loving the challenge and doing my darnest to keep up. You have really helped me get back on track! THANKYOU!!!

I love you gals! I don't know what I would do without you! Right now I am going to fall asleep on the keyboard. Sweet dreams!

Barb
  • Me again! I decided I just couldn't go to bed without reading all the posts I missed. I am so proud of everyone!!! I also went back and checked and I DID get my 1 bonus point!!!

Happy Birthday Pat! Are you lurking??

Welcome Hippy! Congrats on your loss thus far!

Ok - now I am for real! G'night!
  • Hello everyone

This is Tony, standing in for Andria. She asked me to leave a quick note to you guys about her surgery; all in all, it went very well. They found a large wedge of displaced cartilage that was causing most of the problem; that has been fixed. Also, the doc discovered that the ACL was pretty unstable, and because they had discussed that possibility pre-surgery, it was repaired as well.

However, because of the ACL repair, she's being kept in the hospital overnight for observation; she should be home tomorrow though