Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/8-11/14

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• This is the
    SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
    where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
    TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
    WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
    THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
    FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
    THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
    THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
    MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
    MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
    SB 2002 BIO BOARD
    SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...513#post710513

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

• GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

It's about 12:35am, no rest for the weary I'm going to try and get in a post when I get back from taking LAUREN to school this morning. Until then, here's the
    MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
    thoughts for you all to start the week with - I like them both

STEPS ALONG THE WAY

Progress is made in steps. Be willing to take enough steps, and you can get wherever you want.
    Imagine walking to a destination that is one mile away. The first step doesn't seem to take you very far, though if you keep going you'll be there in half an hour.

When working toward a goal, the intermediate steps may seem tedious and unfulfilling. Yet in reality, they are the very essence of fulfillment.

That fulfillment will be realized when the steps are all taken. Keep going, and the achievement will be yours.

Whether the goal is modest or highly ambitious, taking sure and steady steps will get you there. When you're willing to take the necessary steps, there is no limit to where you can go.

Though the goal may seem distant, the pathway is not. The first step is right in front of you now.

-- Ralph Marston

NO MATTER WHAT

Whether the day is gray or whether it is sunny, you can make a difference. If others support you or if they conspire to stand in your way, you can make a difference.

If you have plenty of resources available to you or if you have very few, you can make a difference. If momentum is on your side or if it is not, you can make a difference.

You can wait and hope for things to go your way. Or you can get busy and make it happen.

You can complain that life has been terribly unfair. Or you can move ahead anyway and achieve what you intend, no matter what the obstacles may be.

You can plead with others to give you a break. Or you can go ahead and forge your own path to success.

Wherever you may be, whatever may have happened, you can make a positive difference. Live with commitment, decide to move forward no matter what, and you will.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
    194/1??/129
    SB since 3/22/00
  • Gosh I get to be first after Deb started the board. that's a new one. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Had a wedding Saturday afternoon and worked around the house all day yesterday. It was a beautiful weekend.

I can't beleive we have still not gotten to use our hot tub. We got up early yestrday to fill it up so it would be warm last night. Went out around 5:00 and the temperature had not changed. The heater is not working. So they have to send a repairman out today. It will probably be tomorrow night before we can use it. I really needed it last night too. I could hardly move yesterday.

Well I need to get busy here. Have ag reat day. Hope to e back later.
  • Where is everyone today? It's been 3 hours since my post and no one has been here???
  • Hello....hello.....hello....all! I am alive, well and hanging in there, just as busy as can be. I can't tell you where last week went. It took me days to finish up the ribbons for Britt's school.

Britt is home sick today; she was coughing so much last night that she didn't get any sleep, even w/ giving her some cough medicine. I pray that if she rests and takes it easy today, she will be able to finish out the rest of the week. She HATES to miss school. We will have to drive by her school later today to pick up her school work because she wants to do it tonight and have it done for tomorrow (such a perfectionist). She is off Thursday for Veteran's Day, so she will have to get through tomorrow & Wed, and then just Friday.

We had a steady rain flow all day yesterday and everything looks so green today and the air looks clean and crisp. It was much needed, and so nice.

I have been pretty good since Halloween...a few pieces of candy here and there, but no real binges, except for last night. I took Britt to a birthday party at 4 p.m. and they told me to pick her up at 6:30. Lane was home with Dad, so I had 2 1/2 hours all to myself....I didn't know what to do. SO, I finally endulged myself in a Mexican Food meal I have been craving for so long, and I even ate some chips. I got the pollo fundido, and ate the beans, but no rice. I felt so stuffed when I left there. BUT, an hour later I drove by a Krispy Kreme, and they have their pumpkin spice cake donuts this time of year only, so I stopped and had my annual indulgence. It was sooo good. I also went to Nordstrom's Outlet and Lowe's to buy some things for a project I am working on.

There was one day last week I got down to 119.5#'s and then stayed around 120#'s for most days. I was at 122#'s today, but am not surprised with my eating last night, and TOM hit yesterday too.

Saturday, after the gym, I went to JcPenney's for their Big Sale (they'll only have about 10 more of them before Christmas). Anyway, I am need of some jeans. I only have one pair that fits me well, and they are black. I couldn't find any that I liked anywhere, so thought I'd check the Junior's section just for the heck of it. I actually found two pair of Junior Jeans that I liked. One was Lei, and I can't remember the other one (Bongo, I think). Anyway, I like the fit, and they don't look too teeny-boppy, so I bought them. One was orig. $36, marked down to $18.99, and the other one was $24. I also bought a red sweater. It was nice to buy something for me!

Anyway, other than that, things are just busy and I missed you all last week. I will try to get on more this week and touch base.

Jack-K: I hope you get that hot tub heater fixed soon, so you can soak your body in the hot tub. The closest I have to that is my bathtub, which is a jacuzzi tub, but the jets aren't real powerful. But it is big and roomy, and feels so good to soak in the hot water.

Well, I better get to the kiddos.

Take care,
    Nat
  • Just a fly by. I am dressed and about to go out for a walk. I actually slept most of the night in the bed last night....comfortably. Now if I could just fall asleep and STAY asleep instead of waking up every hour or two.

JACK: A hot tub sounds heavenly! I know it will help your RA...hope it works by tonight!

PANCHO: Glad you got all those ribbons done! I hope Britt feels better after getting some rest!

be back later!
  • Good afternoon...

I was here half hour ago and was typing my post when dh came in and wanted to use the computer as he was rushing out. So, my post was deleted Anyway, here I am here and hoping to catch up as much as I can.

We had a great but tiring day yesterday. I started off at the church nursery in morning. They were aout 10 kids from 2 to 3 years old. They were some very tired kids there yesterday who seemed to have slept very late the night before. They were cranky and started to cry and then it spreaded to some other kids who thought that they should go with the flow...lol. Overall, it was a great experience but sure tiring. After church, we went to our church Fall Festival in the church backyard. They had some inflatable stuff for the kids, big and small kids...lol. Jess has a blast although she was very tired by the time the festival started. I didn't eat legal but didn't eat too much either. After the festival, we drove up north, which is about an hour's drive to visit dh's friends. They have 2 cute boys that Jess absolutely had a blast with. I think she really loved that she get to mother the boys as much as play with them...lol. We had sliced tomatoes, marinated mozzarella, basil in olive oil and garlic bread as appetizer, then followed by fresh pasta with andouille and sweet italian sausages cooked in tomato based sauce as main course. Lastly, CHOCOLATE pound cake with vanilla ice-cream...lol. Okay, I must confess that I didn't do well. I ate more starchy carbs than I allowed myself to and I haven't eat this much carbs since I started SB over a year ago. Although I didn't finish everything especially the carbs but they were definitely too much for me. It was yummy though...lol. The carbs actually made dh so sleepy as he could hardly stayed awake after dessert...lol. Today, I crave for something healthy and light especially after all the illegal foods I ate. Dh and I were so tired yesterday we all slept early. Dh slept after we came home, like 8-something and then dd and then me at 10-something. It sure feels good this morning

Here's my menu for today :

Breakfast : Had a a small serving of leftover macaroni and cheese with leftover beef stew. Water.

Snack : Some grapes.

Lunch : Baked basa fish in white wine, herbs and spices, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, topped with some sliced onions, bell-peppers and green onions. Brown rice pilaf (with spinach, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms) and some sort of sauteed veges.

Snack : Mixed fruits and nuts.

Dinner : Not exactly sure yet.

JACK-K : Hope the heater get fixed soon.

MONET : You must be tired from waking up every so often last night. Hope you get some rest today.

PANCHO : Oh, sorry Britt is sicked. You sure have a little perfectionist there Tell her to rest well and eat well and the rest will be taken care of when she is well enough. I had my fair share of indulgence over the weekend and I had enough of it for a while. Need to fuel my body well again. I really need some jeans, pants and skirts but they seem to be things that is more important lately. The church has few events I wanted to participate especially when the holidays are around the corner plus we are going to Florida in Dec. So, everything needs $$ so had to push my jeans behind. Glad you get some good bargain. I will definitely have to check out the Junior section. I sure missed your posts

RUBY : You don't have to be there when you are doing well with your eating. Infact, it is better to be here (for support, accountability, encouragement) when you are not doing so well. Don't worry about if you are doing well or not, just check in whenever you feel like it and let us know how you are doing. I used to stay away when I couldn't post to everyone but now I realized that it doesn't matter as what everyone told me. So, please come here anytime you want and don't be guilty if you need to take sometime to yourself

Alright, it's time to make lunch and get dd to take a break. She doesn't want to nap these days so I just send her to her room so she can give me a break! lol. Good day!

Julia
  • Wow, thank you all for your posts. I love all of the helpful hints & favorite foods. Finding this site has really been helpful. Just a few questions.. what does everyone eat when they are traveling? Any good sugestions when dining out? Thanks!!
  • Good afternoon. Had my walk this morning. Its such a pretty day out and I really enjoyed it. Came home and made beef tips and brown rice for lunch. So Monday is beginning to look like a good day. Hope everyone had a nice week end.

Abigal- Hope you're going to join us. good luck with Sugar Busters. Its a great progam.

Julia- wow your day in the nursery sounds wild. I would be so tired after that.

Jack-K- Hope you get your hot tub fixed today and nice and hot for tonight.

Monet- Hang in there.... You're doing wonderful on your recovery.

Pancho- Hope Britt gets well soon....
  • Pancho, sorry Britt is feeling poorly. Hope she is reted and better tomorrow. Must have been the PMS that made you eat the Mexican food. Gotta blame something right.

Monet, Congrats to your Dawgs. Of course, they didn't even have to show up to beat UK. Or maybe, UK didn't show up and that was the problem. I think we have lots of problems. Glad you are sleeping in your bed. Now you have to not take any day naps and you will sleep at night. I can never nap. If I do, I can't sleep at night. I ever took one nap after I got home from the hospital. Still needed sleeping pills.

Julia, sounds like you had a busy but fun weekend. I'm sure Jess loved palyign with all the kids.

Michelle, when eating out, get the meat or chicken, salad and veggies. Skip the bread. Many restaurants now have low carb menus. Some fast food places even fix burges w/o the bun. It's all about making smart choices. Plan ahead and be prepared. Good luck.

Had to go out to our job site and give out Snickers bars at lunch. Sure glad I don't like them. No big plans for tonight. Maybe get our walk in our work out at home.

Have a great evening.
  • I'm New!!
    HI everyone!

Well, I spent 45 mins this morning introducing myself and where I'm at with dieting/weight, etc and got an error telling me that I couldn't post.

So, first lets see if I can post and then I'll repost my introduction and plea for support!!

• YAY!! It works!!
    So, anyhow...

I just finished reading the Sugar Busters book...not sure if its an old one or a new one, but it was published in 2003.

I'm a two-time Atkins looser (as in failure, not weight loss). I'm also a former skinny person that gained an unexplained 50 pounds about five years ago (and at 5'2", that adds up really fast in the middle!), soaring from 125 to 175 in less than a year. Thankfully, it stopped as quickly as it started.

Anyhow...a year ago I tried Atkins, lost ten pound the first week and then got constipated beyond belief and ate so much steak, eggs and hamburger patties, I thought I'd barf ! I was soooo diligent about allowing any sugar...none in my salad dressing (leaving me with only Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar as my choice), none in my breakfast sausage, I tell you...I didn't even take DayQuill when I had a cold because I coudn't determine if it had sugar in it.

So, after a month and a half of being on the induction phase and loosing NOTHING, I helped myself to every Almond Joy in my daughter's halloween bag and called it quits. And said goodbye to having to do lamase everytime I went to the bathroom once a week!

Then an interesting thing happened...my dad found out he's diabetic last winter and both he and my mom went on a diabetic diet. My mom has always been heavy all of her life...through the 70's diets, weighing this and measuring that and always being hungry dieting, eating those disgusting Ayds chocolate appetite supressants. BUT, going on a diabetic diet with my dad, my mom lost FIFTY POUNDS in about six months time! My dad, as well, but my dad's never been heavy..he's just really skinny now...not too skinny, but you know what I mean...it's never been an issue for him.

So I got to thinking.....

If my mom and dad can loose weight from controlling sugar...mayby low carb isn't the way for me, but low sugar, which brings me to where I am now...

I bought Sugar Busters for Kids for my daughter in an attempt to control her sugar intake mostly because she's a spazz, but also because she's starting to get a little tummy on her and has a hard time falling to sleep at night, so it's not so much for a diet, but trying to teach her better eating habits. BUT, I couldn't imagine her eating sweet potato crunchers and washing it down with tea...I mean, she's 10 years old and tea is just one of those things that I couldn't get her to drink for the life of me.

Anyhow...so here I am, having read the book, but I have a veggie bin full of potatoes and half a box of minute rice to polish off before I start. I have grocery day Thursday, so it's mashed potatoes and rice and all the 'bad stuff' until then, including the remnants of the evil halloween candy. Then, I'm battoning down the hatches and getting to it. And the whole family is going to do it with me, whether they like it or not! It sounds like Sugar Busters will only benefit those who do it, even if they don't need to loose weight.

So, wish me luck! Thursday, a new way of life starts for my family!! Instead of pb&j the usual way, it'll be on whole wheat with sugar free jelly and natural peanut butter. See, I couldn't get away with that on Atkins, but that will be just fine in the kid's lunchbox with some orange slices and...well...I have to peek around again for more snack-like things for the lunchbox.

I have two questions, though...

Can I use Splenda on Sugar Busters? It doesn't mention it in the book and I wasn't sure if that was because when it was written was just aobut the time Splenda came on the market.

and,

What exactly constitutes 'whole wheat'? Does that include the split top long loaf I get now or do I have to actually be able to see the seeds in it?

Nice to talk to you all...

techwife...
  • EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

Sorry I was MIA the last couple of days....I've read the posts though and I'm quite disturbed about RUBY'S post

RUBY...from what I read, you're thinking about this surgery for ALL THE WRONG REASONS....BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY....the surgery can be a good thing, but if you don't fix the mind, it won't work! Having this surgery because you're addicted to sugar and feeling it's the only way to correct it is not what it's all about. I had my surgery in 1981 and at that time, it hadn't even been approved by THE AMA...I had no support system, no teaching etc....NADA....like I said, if you dont fix the mind, everything you go through will all be in vain. I kept the weight off for about 5yrs, but then I figured out how to get around the staples...beer...pizza....liquor...you name it, I did it and gained back just about all I lost...which was 123lbs..
    Now days, there is teaching, and quite a lot of support systems out there.
    PLEASE...PLEASE....PLEASE....try to lose your weight the natural way...there are so many of these going wrong, and so many people have died because the DOCS just didn't know what they were doing! Over on the main board, there is a WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY group...DEB KAY is a member of that group.
    Send her a PM and ask her to tell you what she went through...it wasn't pretty, and she came so close to dying. As for me, I had NO PROBLEMS...sailed through losing the weight like a breeze, and I swear, if I had known then what I know now, I would be strutting around Sarasota in a string bikini and loving every minute of it!
    BUT...I didn't know anything, and I was told not to eat stringy beef, lettuce, milk and to NEVER DRINK LIQUID WITH A MEAL...(which I still follow) but that doesn't constitute knowledge....
    I'll help you all I can, and I know that Debbie will too, but PLEASE...give this a second thought before you decide to do something so drastic!

JACKIE...sorry about the thermostat...hope you get that fixed...it's getting cold up there and I wouldn't want you and DH found neked in an icy hot tub!

NAT...GLAD to see you and sorry that Britt isn't feeling well.

TECH....{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}} to our little corner of the board!
    THROW OUT THOSE POTATOES and THAT RICE and get going girlfriend!
    The sooner you start, the sooner you'll see results...We're here for you....

ABIGAIL....{{{{{{{{{WELCOME}}}}}}}}} to you too...we're here...use us!

JULIA...glad to hear y'all had a good day....food sounds good, but then I love Italian ANYTHING!!!!

MONET...glad you're sleeping in the love bed I know you're more comfortable....

I've got to find something to eat before it gets too late....

Later

BOB
  • Good evening ya'll.
    I didn't get a chance to get online much this weekend so if I missed anything I'm very sorry and will try to read and catch up this evening if time permits. The last few days I've been an emotional eater and of course my emotions didn't want healthy food but chips and things that not only comfort but sabatoge. I've gotten over the fact I'me never reaching goal but I really really wanted to go into the holidays a tad lower. This year is my big 40 so I am planning to allow myself to have fun that day if I get the chance...LOL

Welcome to all the new members!!!!!!!! This place is really great.

Monet...((hugzz)) I saw on the exercise board that you got a walk in. WTG. I drug my lazy hinney out there this evening. It was sooooo beautiful today in Texas.

Jack-K...are you starting to get a big of your energy back? I think of you often.

Julia...howdy. How's the driving coming? I hear you about the little ones. As fun as it can be they can sure wear you out.

Poncho...hey skinny! ((hugzz)) Good deal on the jeans. This weekend I hit a garage sale and got myself a new to me outfit. The sweater is so pretty...pink and black. The jean are black and look brand new. All for a dollar fifty.. I even found a pair of Wranglers for Robert for only a dollar. Sorry your little one is not feeling well. She is in my prayers.

Deb..thank you for starting the board for us this week. I got my magic eraser in the mail the other day from the sample site you sent. Love that it has the blue top on it. The ones I had bought didn't. I think I like the newer kind better. We used them at mama's house and her door facings look like we painted them.

Howdy Techwife! Good luck to your and your family on this way of eating. I have been unable to make it a family thing but at least they support me. The hard part is cooking them all their goodies...LOL As for the whole wheat bread I look on the label for 100 percent stoneground...NOT enriched and that is how I pick mine. Splenda is a life saver when I get a sweet tooth.

Toni...((hugzz))

Heart...hey you. How are you doing today? How's the house hunting coming?

Well, Jess is in there at the stove so I'd better get and help him.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle
  • ((Bob))
    We were posting at the same time.

Love and hugs,
    Crystle