hello!

• I am a newbie. My name is Veronica. I am 27 years old and I am starting the journey to lose 60 lbs. I am a SAHM to 2 kids. (Katie saw the banana and had to add it.) Katie is 6 and Oliver is 4. I want to lose because I am tired of looking like I just had my son. LOL I am going to buy a new powercord for my cardio glide. Katie and I have done the one mile walk away the pounds video. She wants to exercise with me so I have to do something with simple movements. I did 100 crunches yesterday, too! I am really excited about this and will be even more when I get that darn cord. DH's car is getting new brakes this weekend so he has taken over mine. Okay, I suppose that's enough, guess you didn't need a biography. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Veronica
  • Hello Veronica
    Hi Veronica,
    I'm a newbie too. My name is Kathy, I'm 35, SAHM of 6. I am homeschooling 3 right now, so we're pretty busy. My kids are dd18(moved to WA after graduation ) ds17, dd11, dd9, dd4 and ds22mo. I am trying to lose 76-96 lbs. Right now I have lost 26 just by watching what I eat, but I'm looking for a good(cheap) treadmill so I can walk without leaving the house. I don't want to have to haul 2-4 kids with me to go for a walk!! Are the Walk Away the Pounds tapes good? Are they fun, or do they get boring quickly? I have been checking them out on ebay.
    I have been reading around this site for days and it looks great, everyone seems so friendly. I'm glad I stumbled on it!
    Hope to "see" you around!
    Peace,
    Kathy
  • Hi Kathy! WTG on the loss! I got my WATP dvd from Suncoast for $14.99 and it has a one and 2 mile walk. I have only done it once, but it felt good. I would probably use it in a rotation with another video. There is a Weslo treadmill on Sears.com that is around $300. It's the cheapest one I have seen that's got a motor. Bless you for raising 6 kids and still mastering coherent speech! I would be a total basketcase. I promised myself when I lost my weight that I would get a tummy tuck. Two almost 10lb. kids in 2 years really did a number on my stomach. If it corrects itself then cool, but I don't think it will.
  • Hi Again
    Veronica,
    I know what you mean about the tummy tuck, I already told hubby to start saving for it!
    As for coherent speech, that usually only lasts until about 10:30 and doesn't return until after hubby comes home!! LOL Really, though, they are great kids and I am blessed to have them.
    Thanks for the info about Sears, the closest one is an hour away, but I would much rather put my money into something from there than into something from Walmart!
    Hope you've had a good day. So far I'm staying on track except I haven't gotten in much walking(other than grocery shopping). It's pretty cold out but I think I will still go walk.
    Have a great night!
    Peace,
    Kathy