Started SBD today - Nov 1st

• Wow! I have made it til lunch with no hunger..just a little sugar/caffiene withdrawal. I am a confessed coke (cola) addict! I also don't eat breakfast so yes I have a few changes!

Breakfast - 2 ea egg/turkey sausage cups; decaf coffee with splenda

Snack - Moz cheese stick

Lunch - Steak Salad with Balsamic dressing with water; SF Jello cup

Snack - jello cup

Dinner - Stuffed chicken breast; roasted cauliflower; salad

Snack - mocha ricotta creme

I am glad I found a place for tips, support and recipes! I WANT to succeed!

Tori
  • Hi Tori, welcome to the SBD forum. Your menu sounds great. Breakfast is definitely important. You'll be at your goal in no time and if you need to vent along the way, we are all here for each other!
  • Welcome to da beach chick!
  • Welcome to the Beach, Tori! Remember you don't need to cut out all of your caffeine. We are allowed 1 (or maybe 2) cups a day with caffeine. If you try to cut way back during phase 1 when you are already detoxing, you may feel pretty headachy. It is usually easier to taper off caffeine gradually. Just make sure you are drinking lots of water.
  • Welcome~!
    You are in for a treat! This place is the best and I think the diet is the best. The first couple of days were easy for me, then I went into misery on day 4-6, after that I've done OK Detox was tough.

You'll do great!
  • Thanks for the info...I am going to get a diet coke now LOL!

Also, is 2 jellos a day too much plus the mocha thingie?

Tori
  • You should try to keep your Jello and Mocha Ricotta Creme to a total of 75 calories or less a day. Later, when you are in phase 2 and can eat pudding, if you eat SF pudding you do not have to count the milk in your 75 calorie count but you do count the pudding mix itself.
  • Welcome to The Beach!
  • Tori,

Welcome to the beach! Good luck with everything. Looks like your off to a good start! I gave up coffee for green tea. It has much less caffiene but still enough to give you a boost. I drink the Japanese Sencha Cherry Blossom. I mix it in a quart "Ball" jar (I know, I know - real classy ) with one splenda, then I just fill up my coffee cup (no - I really drink out of the ball jar ). Where's Bamigirl when I need her?? It is delicious! Plus green tea is supposed to help with weight loss. Any place that sells coffee has tea too! Your menu looks terrific. Join us on the dailies everyday for motivation. I've been doing well with the weight loss but I must motivate myself to exercise. See Ya!
  • HEY NOW! I do drank my sweeet tea from a mason (ball) jar! (seetened with splenda that is) But mine do have handles on them! teehee
  • Question: I thought the Ricotta desserts didn't count in the 75 calories of sugarfee treats (like the SF jello). I thought they were part of the menu plan. Especially since there is no way in god's green earth that any of the ricotta receipes would be under 75 calories.
  • Too funny! Mine don't have handles and I have one at home and one at work! You keep me honest Bamigirl!

Good Luck again Tori - don't mind me I'm just a little silly today!
  • I could be wrong on the ricotta desserts. Can someone answer whether all the calories count in the 75 limit? Sorry, I rarely have dessert and have never tried the ricotta.
  • In the orginal book Dr. A lists the ricotta as part of the daily menu and then lists 75 calories over and above that amount. But if you are not following his menu i.e. fat g, sugar g, protein g. etc than I don't know if he would allow the "extra" 75 calories. See what I mean? When I followed his menu perfectly the first two weeks I allowed 75 over and above the ricotta. Kind of a brain teaser.