Baby Steps

• Feeling positive and hopeful today. Walked for 1/2 hour at the Y. Didn't count calories, but ate healthy things ~ tried to watch the portions. Bought some fresh fruit and vegies for when the munchies strike. Ignored the call of the cookies and candy bars I passed by. Told myself that giving in to that would prolong my reaching my goal. I slept better last night ~ felt rested today ~ I think I can fight the urge to do the wrong thing when I am better rested. I know ~ it was just one day of doing pretty good ~ but one day at a time!!

I turn 50 in Aug. Maybe I can give myself a new and improved healthy me to start the next half of my life.

• Way to go! You know, what got me started was turning the big 50. When I was 49.5, I decided I wasn't going to spend my 50s being as fat as I was in my 40s. It was a good decision. You CAN give yourself the gift of health.
  • that would be awesome to hit 50 and be at or close to goal! you can do this!
  • Glynne - you sound energized! Keep that sleep up, it makes a world of difference.. I believe in a MIN of 8 hours of sleep a night.. good habit to get into I had a hard time giving up chocolate, but now I can look at it, smell it, and still walk away from it (it also helps that chocolate is the worst for IBS). Keep it up
  • You go girl! Fit and fabulous at fifty! That's my goal too How many others are out there striving to join Sheila's exclusive club?? C'mon, let's do it together!
  • Good for you! Hope those feelings stick around for a long long time!!
  • wtg. Sounds like you are back on track.