Buddy for 20 pounds

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone,

Although I've already found a great buddy I'd really like a few more. I'm facing 3 finals next month so I need all the help I can get!!

I'm 23, from Denmark, full-time student, single, no kids. Live with my sister who's slim and eats whatever she likes, so even at home there are temptations.

Been dieting for 2 weeks now. I don't follow a specific program but eat lean meat and fish and lots of vegetables. Try to avoiding fast carbs but it's hard cause I love bread!! With butter, umm...heaven...But for the record I've only had one bite for 2 weeks now. Quite proud of myself actually! I walk 1 hour everyday but that's all the exercise I get.

My goal weight is 114 pounds on my birthday 4 months away from, now but the sooner the better of course

Hope someone out there would like to chit chat with me from time to time!

Best regards,
    Kirsten
  • Hey Kirsten

I'm also a full time student and i live at home. I know the stress of finals and all the eating that comes along with it. There are many temptations at my house and sometimes i give in to easy. I've been attempting to follow a low carb diet and exercising when i have time between class studying and work. I want to lose around 30 lbs. I havent had much success but im trying. I'd love to chit chat with you. I could sure use some encouragement and advice. I hope that things are well and that that lbs keep on falling. best of luck.

Marie
  • ahhh - finals.... why do I always feel like I need a pizza, ice cream, chips and soda when I'm studying and stressing? It's the LAST thing I need!
  • Hey Jenicra, I totally agree. It's really odd how you feel totally drained of energi after stuying hard. I mean, you sit most of the time - that doesn't really burn off that many cal. Otherwise I'd be the slimmest person ever!!
  • Hi there! I would love to chat with you. I'm trying to lose 20 pounds and I'm also a full time student. I'm 5'0'' and I want to be 110. I'm trying to change my lifestyle and eat healthy. Good luck, talk to you soon!
    kisses
  • Hi guys,

thanks for replying! Always good to have lots of support!

My other buddy and I usually "rapport" mondays since we both weigh in that day otherwise we write each other whenever we need to. Would that be ok with you too? Do you have any suggestions? Do you want to post here or PM?

I gained 0,2 lbs last week so I'm 134,2 (61 kg) at the moment. I have to do well this week and not give into my cravings. It's hard though!

Hope to hear from you soon!
  • I'm right there with you, 20 pounds to lose here, too

I'm 28, Italian, married to a Swiss, living in Switzerland. I have a 5 y.o. daughter. I work part-time in a software company.

I follow the Fat Flush Plan by Ann Louise Gittleman - the only thing that ever worked for me, probably because my weight gain is the combination of different factors, like lack of sleep, food intolerances and water retention... anyway, I have been doing the plan on and off again the last few months, but I just started doing it for real again. I'm also going to the gym 4-5 days a week for cardio and some strength training, and doing Pilates at home.
  • dear 20 buddies!
    I've decided to begin the Change One diet again, and I'll try to follow eat during 12 weeks (the program). Today was day one, I ate around 1300 cal.1.5l of water, too.
    Maybe we could use this thread to post?or do you prefer PM?
    I'm really motivated to lose this 20 pounds (the extra weight I always had) and to find out the real body under this fat layer. Wanna know the real me!
    Looking forward to hear from you!

kisses
  • Hi guys

How are you? I've been sooo bad last week. Eating spree since Tuesday or Wednesday till yesterday. Because of that I've gone from 134 to 141 lbs!! Suddenly it's not "just" 20 lbs anymore. So unfair that you can gain so quickly while it takes forever to lose just 1 pound. I know that all of the 7 lbs aren't regular fat but 3-4 is bad enough. Major set back. Well, at least my mood is better again so hopefully that will rub off on my eating habits.

Maat - what kind of diet is the Change One diet?
    ElisaB - welcome We're becoming quite an international group.

Buddies - in good and in bad times, huh? Hope that you guys have some good news to tell!!
  • Hey there! The Change One Diet it's about portion control. (www changeone com )I'm eating around 1300 cal a day. I want to lose 27 pounds. I'm now 137 pounds!!! Help help help! The highest weight ever, I was so sad about that yesterday but ok new day today. I'm gonna do it, I need to!
    Maybe we could arrange some kind of check in? daily?weekly what do you all think?

I'm from Portugal

Kisses to you all
    don't give up!!!!
  • The Change one Diet plan seems like a good one, only I also think what you eat is important too. I'm taking a nutrition class all the teacher talks about is that we need to eat more fruits and veggies!

And it's true that 1 pound gained takes months to take off, at least for me!
  • Hi!

I'm down to 136 lbs today - thank god it was mostly water! But unfortunately not all of it...Anyway, I need to lose 10 kg = 22 lbs so matt, we pretty much have the same goal. A check in would be fine, I only weigh-in once a week (officially, anyway) but I don't mind reporting my way of eating more often.

I guess I'll go first then. Haven't had much appetite the past two days, mostly due to a terrible headache. I've been eating too little but it's better than overeating and with all the food last week maybe my body is compensating??

Anyway, hang in there everyone! We can do it!!
  • Hey there! I behaved well yesterday. Ate around 1300 cal and drink 1.5 L of water. Today is new day and so far so good. The problem this week is that I have a big test on saturday and I'm so stressed out! Normally I eat all the stress :P !LOL! But not this time, I really wanna lose this weight. I'm thinkin of making a list of reasons why I need to lose this weight for motivation. I sometimes I'm holding back my life just because of this extra weight !
    I only weigh once a week too! Are you thinking of a specific date to lose the weight like 6 months or so? I wanna lose this weight slowly but steady. I'm thinking of adding some exercise after I lose a bit (I find it very hard to exercise now!).
    Well I'm gonna study!

Kisses
    Andreia (my real name )
  • Friday...been doing good so far this week, that's 4½ days in a row. Hoping to keep it up this weekend. Had one of my finals this morning. I guessed a lot. Not sure if it was good enough to get me through but I'll find out in time. I wanna go for a walk but it's raining! Well, I didn't get much sleep yesterday so maybe a nap would be better.

Maat - I don't have a specific timeline. I wanted to lose all 20-22 lbs by the time of my birthday, but I've been saying that for months now wihtout making real progress(yoyo-dieting). Anyway, it's 15 weeks away from now so like 1 lb/week would be cool but with Christmas and everything coming up... Well, we'll see. For now I'd just like to reach 60 kg within the next month or so.

Anyway, good luck on your test tomorrow!
  • Well, I hope no one minds if I jump in here! I never have visited the 20-somethings board, but I am 21 so I fit in perfectly!

Kirsten, I have stats similar to yours which is so cool. I am just over 5'2 and weigh about 138 lbs. I would like to weigh about your goal is, anywhere in that ball park.

I haven't had a chance to read through the post yet but it looks like my kinda place - all ppl my age!

I am in University now and single, but living with my parents. Oh yeah, I am from Canada

Hope I can join in on the conversation

~Cyndy