The Biggest Loser TV show.. Did anyone watch?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I really liked last night's show with the lifesize posters that showed theirselves on the day they started. I actually think the posters were a little bigger than lifesize but it got the point across. And then when they had to wear a vest packed with the amount of weight that they had lost - I think it was a great visual for everyone.

and watching Maurice (the heaviest guy) jog the 2 miles to the front gate and back was very inspiring! and I was rooting for him!

I wish the show had gone into more details about their diet/healthy eating and exercise, but that's not what the show wanted to do I guess. I also don't like the "voting off" part. I'm like "hey they all need to stay and change their lifestyle and lose the weight - LET THEM STAY!" hehe but I know it's a show!

but I have enjoyed watching them lose weight! I have! I absolutely love watching people lose that weight while they change their eating and exercise!

maybe I'm just weird.

hugs,
    cathy
  • No I get what you mean. It is quite thrilling to see the weight come off these people and know that even though it will be slower for us as we aren't exercising 4 hours a day and have more temptations in the 'real' world that we can lose weight through sensible eating and exercise. What I thought was really interesting on the past show was when Ryan, Gary and Mo were sitting chatting at what looked like the kitchen table and there was this big stack of pastries right in front of Mo and none of the guys were even looking at them. They were chatting about eating at McD's and what their favourite foods were. I don't think any of what they are doing is impossible for the average overweight person who is otherwise healthy. It's just that most of us don't have the time to exercise 4 hours a day!
  • Quote: No I get what you mean. It is quite thrilling to see the weight come off these people and know that even though it will be slower for us as we aren't exercising 4 hours a day and have more temptations in the 'real' world that we can lose weight through sensible eating and exercise. What I thought was really interesting on the past show was when Ryan, Gary and Mo were sitting chatting at what looked like the kitchen table and there was this big stack of pastries right in front of Mo and none of the guys were even looking at them. They were chatting about eating at McD's and what their favourite foods were. I don't think any of what they are doing is impossible for the average overweight person who is otherwise healthy. It's just that most of us don't have the time to exercise 4 hours a day!
    I know! 4 hours a day would lead to burnout as well unless you were in training for an event (running).

I thought it was funny how the male trainer could not keep his hands off the sweets lastnight and am so glad Kathy is gone. I swear, she was evil!
  • Have any of you seen the before and after photos of those who were eliminated? They're amazing! I saw them last night (i've missed the past 4-5 episodes) and I was so amazed and motivated by them. You can find them on the Biggest Loser website (I just googled it).
  • cd. i just checked it out today and the photos really are impressive. they show the before and after on the show, but you can't see the photo that well on tv, much better on the computer. Kelly M really looks beautiful ( i dont like Lisa so I dont care how good she looks, lol). i really like this show... i'm excited for the finale, i don't know who i want to win though.
  • Just reading your thread. I know what you mean about not knowing who to root for. At least I won't be upset about who wins, as I like them all (now that whiney Lisa is gone )
  • I really want Gary or Ryan to win because I think they've made huge strides not only in losing weight but as people. Like at the beginning nobody liked Ryan because he made a couple of snide remarks and then as time went on and he started bonding more with people it seemed to me that he was changing as a person. Also the same with Gary. He seemed like a real jerk at the beginning and has turned into a much better person. I don't think Kelly has changed or improved other than losing weight and as much as I like Maurice I can't see that he deserves to win. Not because he hasn't lost a lot of weight, I think he's done really well but I got the feeling that he wasn't into it 100% most of the time. I would be very happy with Ryan or Gary winning and I really, really hope that Maurice is able to continue to lose weight after the show is over.
  • i agree
    Quote: Just reading your thread. I know what you mean about not knowing who to root for. At least I won't be upset about who wins, as I like them all (now that whiney Lisa is gone )
    I agree thank god lisa is gone.. I will miss mo.
  • Im so glad Lisa is gone as well. I thought it was hillarious the comment she made about she didn't complain like she did at the beginning of the show! HA! She was always complaining. I'm for Gary all the way!
  • I loved it. It gave me motivation even though I knew it wasn't possible in the 'real' world.
  • Quote:
    Oh, one final thing: Limit your time in front of the tube. Research shows that it's linked to an increased body weight.
    I seldom sit down to television anymore, but have found that rather than sitting for a show, I stand up and do a military style march in place while watching TV. Guaranteed to not be linked to an increased body weight.

I caught one episode of The Biggest Loser. Thought I'd catch the episode where they check back on them after their time out in the real world again, but I'm just not that much into reality shows and don't even know when that episode will/did show. It's nice to see people lose weight. But I think putting someone on display to lose it is tacky and unnecessary. If anyone had bothered to try and lift those contestants' spirits and tell them how they could do this without going on public display, they could all have been saved tons of humiliation.

My other outlook on this is, they're putting people on display for losing weight in a controlled environment with personal trainers and specialized diets, etc. The Biggest Losers, IMHO, are those who do it while they have family, friends and coworkers telling them they're not eating enough, they're too thin, putting heaping plates of fattening foods in front of them, those who can't afford a personal trainer and have to live in the real world and still manage to do it.
  • We are nearing the end of the first biggest losers show here in Australia.. Are you onto the second one now?? I like the show even if it is unreal the amount they lose.. But I looked up the actual diets they are on and the blue team are def. Atkins style where as the red team are counting cals. but nearly are Atkins too.. Almost no carbs. for both teams.. Red has some cereal and popcorn but thats about it.. I like all the reality shows and we have a new one starting this Sunday night Celebrity Overhaul where 6 famous Aussies go for 6 weeks on a similar program.. Most are tv stars but one is a very famous cricket person, so should be interesting.. Good luck Shirley
  • I like the look of that Celebrity Overhaul, it seems a bit more realisitic than the biggest loser, they say that they only expect the contestants to lose about 1kg (~2pd) a week. I have both positive and negative thoughts about the biggest loser, it did seem to work, but it was unrealistic and harsh!