Pineapple dessert recipes

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Pineapple dump cake?
    I'm looking for an old recipe where I think you just dumped a 20 oz can of pineapple in a cake mix but i'm not sure what kind of mix and what the points where.
  • ill send this to my aunt....a ww leader and the queen of the recipes.!
  • It's a one step angelfood cake mix. If you cut the cake in 12 pieces, I think it is 2 points a piece.
  • does this help? its what my aunt said...

i think you use angel food cake mix and i think it was 3 pts a serving.
  • yup....thats it!!! its soooo good.
  • If someone could post the whole recipie that would be great. I am not on WW but my favorite cake is pineapple upside down and could use a great alternative. Butter and brownsuger on top of cake is not an option at this point
  • Pineapple Dump Cake
    Weight Watchers
    I think it is only 1 or 2 points per slice.

1 box angel food cake
    1 can of crushed pineapple in it's own juice. ( I think the can is like 19 or 20 oz)

combine the angel food cake and the can of pineapple. Mix well..
    Place in an angel food cake pan and bake for 1 hour at the temp listed (I think it is 375)

Cook down and I either decorate it with fat free cool whip or pineapple slices with strawberries in the center! Enjoy!
  • Everyone I have made this for loves it. I cook it in an angel food pan. No one knows that it is good for you!!!!!!!!!!
  • I NEED to make one of these recipes now! My mouth is watering
  • This sounds delicious! So......you really just dump the pineapple and angel food mix together? No beating the dry egg white mix with water first? How does the cake get fluffy and high?
  • Yes, Bobbi, it really is delicious! The juice mixes with the dry ingredients, just like water would, except yummier! I've been making these since 2001, and the family still likes these cakes. Also very good substituting lite cherry pie filling for the pineapple.
  • Thanks Jane, I just googled it and posted the whole recipe on Golden Girls. I have the angel food mix and the pineapple, now just have to wait for a day when it's not 104 degrees with the heat index. We have air condition but we're not suppose to turn on any appliance, ovens, etc in the area according to the energy guys.
    I can see the pineapple juice foaming up the mix but cherry pie filling? Have you tried that?