Just started Phase I... ?'s

• Hi. I just started the SBD yesterday!
    I have a couple of questions...
    Is there a recommended serving size for beans and cheese? How many servings can you have per day?
  • Hi and welcome! I don't have the correct answers for your question, but I'm sure that the book is handy for someone else or lots of these girls will know right off the top of their melons!
  • I know a serving size of beans is a half cup but I do have more than one serving some days. I'm not sure on the cheese. I don't have my book with me.
  • I don't think there is a limit on cheese. Just that it is LF or FF. I know like Barb0522 said beans are limited to 1/3-1/2 cup servings but I do not see where it says if it is once a day or not. Hope this helps!
  • Welcome to the beach.
  • What about dairy? does the 2-cup-a-day limit include cheese?
  • I have read that the 2 cup a day dairy includes yogurt but not cheese.
  • Welcome and the best of luck to you in your journey along the beach.

Cheese is listed separately in the book, listed under dairy is milk, soy milk, buttermilk, and yogurt. You just have to have the reduced fat or ff.
  • thank you
    I appreciate your answers. It is so nice to be able to gain insight into SBD through all of you!

So lf & ff cheese you can eat unlimited amounts? Not that I plan on gorging my self on cheese, but I am wondering if anybody has noticed that they lose weight slower if they eat a certain amount of cheese. I have been eating part-skim string cheese 2-3x/day.

Also, regarding the beans... I don't believe that I saw servings per day. Has anybody noticed if their weight loss has slowed when they eat beans?

Thanks again!
  • When I was on Phase 1, I made the white chili recipe which is on our recipe forum. I ate probably 2 cups of beans a day for about 4 days of Phase1 and I didn't notice a weight loss slowness.

Just remember you need to get in your veggies (I believe recommended is 4 cups/day?) but cheese can definitely add a bit of yumminess to quite a bit of things. I wouldn't overdo it though, just try to keep it reasonable. String cheese 2-3 times a day does seem reasonable to me.
  • Welcome to SBD.

Here's my 2 cents....Don't become so concerned about serving and portion sizes that you leave yourself hungry. Eat enough so that you are satisfied (not overfull). If you are cutting portion sizes too much and feel hungry all the time, the chance of staying committed to the eating plan diminish. Remember, this is a plan for life and being hungry is not in that plan...at least not mine, anyway.

Good luck.