Back from my self-imposed vacation from life

• This past month started to overwhelm me. DD's kidney, father's hospital stay, grandmother's passing, father's continued illness. I was just in a funk.
    So I ordered a vacation from myself. Stayed offline. Ate whatever I wanted (and surprisingly have not gained, it is a lifestyle change). Watched TV. Read magazines. I needed some me time. Well, as much me time as a working mom of twins who is also starting her own business so she can stop working outside the home can be.

ANYWAY, my thoughts have been with you. I am going to do Phase 1 starting after the weekend. I see your signature lines showing losses and I want to be there with you.

One good thing...I bought myself a sweater. An expensive one. From a boutique that only carries what I used to call "small girls" clothes. They do not even stock size XL. Its a 3/4 length handmade cardigan with a hood. Very trendy. Very boutiquey. And the best part? I was able to shop in a store like that and be proud. Time to get back to losing, I need this feeling to continue.
  • Glad you're feeling better - we all need a mental health break sometimes.

What kind of business are you starting up?
  • Welcome back, Jen. Missed you.
  • Welcome back!!!!
  • Welcome back. It was very wise to take a mental health break! we all should do that more often.
  • Welcome back
    Sounds like you took a much needed rest. Yep, life can really overwhelm you at times. What for clues and don't let yourself get too bogged down again. Say no, take the phone off the hook, get lots of sleep and have a pedicure once a week............................ya right. The one thing you can do is give yourself a big hug.
  • Jen, welcome back! I'm sorry you've suffered so much grief lately. Sending you love and prayers...
  • Welcome back, Jen! Sorry things have been so hard, but glad you are taking gentle care of yourself...the sweater sounds wonderful! What a treat!