Hi...new to South Beach and 3FC's

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi everyone!

My husband and I started South Beach today and we did try it over the summer with success. Unfortunately I wasn't too committed to it, but now I feel totally different. I am ready to get myself under control and ENJOY life instead of feeling miserable about my weight. I lost 120 pounds 2 years ago, but I didnt do it very smart or healthy. I have sadly gained about half of it back now, but I want to put a halt to the gaining and get back into a healthier lifestyle. I have never posted before, but I really like the idea of having buddies to share struggles and successes with. I hope to visit with any of you!
  • Yaya, welcome to the Beach!
    There's lots of give and take of support here.
  • Welcome Yaya!! You'll have wonderful support here at the Beach!!!
  • hi there yaya!! welcome to the beach!!
  • Hi Yaya, welcome to SB. It's a great support group - best on the web!
  • Thank you all so much for the replies and support...it's so great!! I just weighed in...and not pretty...272!!! My goal for the month of September is 10 pounds. Does that sound like a reasonable goal? Thanks again. Good luck to all of you!
  • Welcome to the Beach!
  • Welcome to another "Sisterhood", yaya. 10 pounds can be done, especially if you are really committed to Phase I. I'll add your goal to the September challenge.
  • Welcome, Yaya!

I think you'll love it here...definitely a great place for support and understanding.

If you ensure that you do Phase 1 without any cheats at all, I think 10 pounds is definitely a reasonable goal for your first month.

Glad you're here!
  • Welcome to the Beach! Check out the recipes we have here and all the information in the Frequently Asked Questions. We're here to support each other!
  • Hi yaya! Welcome!

Everyone here is really helpful and nice.
  • Welcome to the Beach Yaya. I love SBD, it is the easiest program I have ever been on. And yes I have had slips but it is also the easiest program to resume on. I think you will enjoy sharing the beach with us.
  • Welcome to the beach!! Stick to a full 2 weeks on Phase 1 and you will see those 10 pounds melt away!!
  • Hi Yaya! I am new too! I se eyou are from Kansas -- me too! What part are you from?

Lauren
  • Hi Lauren!

That is cool!! I'm really close to Wichita. How about you??