Flatbread Guidance

• In my Weight Watcher magazine, they have all these ads for healthy food, and coupons and everything. Well, it had an ad for Flatout Flat Bread. I'd seen it at the grocery store but just ignored it. The add says it's whole wheat, and that you can make quesadillas, wraps, sandwiches, and even thin crust pizza with it. I thought "Mmmmm.....pizza....."

Now, fortunately I'm not one of those people (like Terry) who has to eat an entire pizza all at once. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about if it's OP or not. I'd love to make pizza without using english muffins or tortillas, and it sounds good enough, in moderation.

Thoughts?
  • I use small whole wheat pitas all the time for individual pizzas. Yummy!
  • Yup, pizza on a pita is really easy and good!

I've had the Flat Outs...they are good, if a little blah. We made veggie pizzas on them, and it was very filling. I still don't get how one huge flat out and one Wasa Crispbread can both be one serving, but for now, I'm just going with it.
  • ok I have a question....when you make you're pizza's....do you use a sauce??? if so, what do you use? Thanks!
  • Hi, Jess! I just posted to you in the daily...please do read it and PM me if you have questions, okay?

I am lazy, so I use Hunt's Tomato Sauce in a can. It does not have any sugar...and all of the other ones I saw do. If you are not lazy, you can make your own. I believe there is a recipe in the SBD Cookbook...but it might be in the main book.
  • I use Ragu Pizza Sauce. I do not use the Ragu Pizza Quick sauce. I don't think it had added sugar but I will have to check tonight to be sure.
  • I typically use Bella Vita Low Carb Spicey Tomato sauce for everything.