OT: Tangible Fears

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • In SwimGirl's thread about spiders a lot of people are saying how much they hate creepy-crawly things... I think fears are interesting. (How fitting as I'm planning on going into psychiatry?!?) What are your tangible fears?
  • <------------ Scared of ANY creature that flies and all birds even if they don't fly. I'm especially terrified of dragon flies and birds of prey. CREEEEEPY.
  • OMG look at that pretty picture Apryl!

I don't like rodents or anything rodent like (including rabbits) When I was a kid I was rocking in a chair and a mouse ran underneath, I popped its head off with the chair. I discovered it when my foot hit something wet, warm, and furry. Since then things with soft bones in their heads that run on the ground .

Otherwise bring on Fear Factor

(What would really kill them is I would standin theface of about anything, but can be crushed by the voices in my own head )

Chris
  • Quote: What are your tangible fears?
    Guns.
  • My claustrophobia certainly felt tangible when I got locked in a windowless bathroom and almost knocked the door down trying to get out.

Okay, I do know that claustrophobia is not tangible. I also hate spiders. All except Daddy Long Legs. For some reason, I don't mind them. Maybe it's because I used to hear that if you killed one, it would rain, and we get enough rain here.
  • mess up
  • mine, hands down is someone following me and strange noises in the night. Not really tangible but worthy of fear in my book! I guess the real tangible fear is when my heart is in my throat!! LOL
  • geese (don't ask!)
  • I have an intense fear of being trapped, the worst is when I'm on the skytrain, and it stops for no reason.. I freak out..
  • I'm with SwimGirl on this one. Not to the extent of a train but small places. I was terrified when I had to have an MRI done. I use elavators but I don't know what I would do if I ever got stuck in one. That might not be to bad unless it was packed with people. I can't stand the close closed in feeling. I can't ride in the back seat of a 2 door car. LOL
  • Howie - I totally just discovered that I don't do too well in the backseat of a two door car. My brother was in town and we were out and about (with his girlfriend, who sat in the front), and I noticed I was really nauseous ALL weekend, not to mention I kept getting little almost panic attacks. Once I got in the front seat? I was fine.
  • I just can't stand to be in a place where I don't have the power to get out on my own. All though I am a big enough guy that I'm sure I could push someone out of the front seat but it's just the thought of being traped.
  • I'm pretty big myself, and pretty darn muscular, and with the panic I feel? I could move a car to get out of a bad situation.. it's funny with spiders too, because I freak out, meanwhile I'm how many times their size? mice are the same, I jump up on something and scream "EeeeeeeEEeeeeEEee", just like on sesame street!
  • Snakes
  • Quote: geese (don't ask!)
    Geese! (Not asking......)