Phase One Question?????

• I was wondering about fat free jello pudding and lite nutra whip. Can you have them on phase 1. I have not had one thing like that since I started phase one again. I have managed not to eat anything illegal I even put a kraft dinner noodle in my mouth relised what I did and spit it out. Today was a hard one the kids had timbits and chips ( it was treat friday) I didn't even sniff them. The darn scale won't move at all this week, I am getting discouraged. Anyway I was thinking I might like a treat and thought that might be legal. I lent my book to my cousin so I can't look it up?

I only have sat and sun left and p1 is over maybe I should try to wait it out?
    Maybe I am not eating enough. Sad as that sounds.
  • Unless something has changed, I read that pudding (even fat free/sugar free) isn't allowed on Phase 1. I don't know what like nutra whip is.

Have you tried eating a sugar free fudge bar, i believe those are allowed on phase 1. Or Ricotta mixed with hershey's cocoa powder with some splenda.

Try looking in the Phase 1 deserts for recipes of other things you can eat.
  • I don't really understand why ff/sf pudding isn't allowed..

there's a recipe under phase 1 misc.. for pudding milk.. confusing much.
  • I was looking for something sweet and thought that might do it as I had it in the house. Anyway I bought fudgesciles today so that worked.
  • is sf jello allowed?
  • Yes, Girl81. SF Jello is allowed. Just be sure to count the calories as part of your 75 calorie "sweet" allowance. And Good Morning!
  • When you make your sf jello, try this: add 1 cup of boiling water, dissolve jello, cool until no longer warm - then add 1 cup of ff milk, stir and refrigerate and voila...you have a pudding-like jello that's much more interesting and better tasting than regular jello.
  • Thanks, Merrylegs, I'd forgotten about that one!
  • Merrylegs, that sounds great!

Firefly, I am also confused on this, but I have to admit, I'm not willing to mess with Phase 1. It's such a short time that I figure we should just muscle through it, then mess with Phase 2...it's more forgiving and we have more time to figure things out, you know?

So, no, no pudding during Phase 1.

I, too, am not sure what the Nutra whip is. LC, is that like Cool Whip, but some Canadian version?

And, last, but not least, CONGRATULATIONS on all your wonderful, fabulous will power and success, LC!!!

I am THRILLED for you!!!! YGG!
  • I think the problem with the sf puddings is that they have cornstarch and other artificial stuff. It's best to keep it simple.
  • Ooh, good point. I did make the SF cook and serve pudding last week (I'm in Phase 2). Do those have the same nasty ingredients? Don't remember seeing them, but I might not have checked.

Anyone know how to make pudding from scratch?