Daily Check-In

You're on Page 70 of 71
Go to
  • Hi all, I've been on a slide! Why - hard to tell. It started last Friday am when an extended family problem consumed the morning taking up my ex time, then Sat., I spent the day cleaning and added a spontaneous night out which turned into an eat/drink fest, then Sunday when I spent all day cleaning and cooking for company, then Monday when I was so exhausted and it was so hot that I couldn't move to Tuesday and Wednesday when all my free time was consumed by meetings. When I see this in print I can see that there was no "me" time included and there were many draining events including entertaining, appointments and family issue. I'm hoping that this entry marks my healthful journey recovery.

Judy, thanks for asking about the triathlon. Last week's workouts were awesome. This week so far has been a failure. Perhaps I'll get in a good workout tonight to turn things around - that has to happen!

Roll, good luck at the training. Checking in kept me on track last summer, I need to do more of the same this summer.

Carol, good job getting to the gym - you're inspiring me.

Take care all. This journey is a mix of starts and stops. Hopefully this marks a strong start for me and all of us.
  • Hi All,

I did the water aerobics class this morning. It tuckered me out but my aches and pains are gone. I don't think that water aerbics does as much for me as weight training in the weight loss department but it seems more helpful in making me feel comfortable in my body. I really want to start weight training but the gym's air conditioner is being worked on this week. There is another branch of the Y a little further away..............

My food so far today has been healthy.

I'm committing to portioning out my supplements now. I haven't been taking them and I really feel a difference.

My daughter is at her first sleep away camp and I haven't planned anything exciting for myself.

It's just good to get back on track without too much distraction.

The training? It was mostly orientation and a little keyboarding. It looks like a good "go at your own pace" program. I'll be heading back on Thursday.

Tired, you sound so busy. I get into the same frame where I get free time
    and it gets taken up with everything but alone time---time spent just for me. I get out of balance--depleated --- and that's one of my over-eating triggers. I love your honesty and your way of stating what is going on.
    Thanks for that. I don't feel so alone.

Take care.

Roll
  • Hi All,

I'm checking in before turning in.
    This is one of those times that I feel like eating chocolate in bed while
    I read myself to sleep. I'm really tired.
    My calorie intake today was 1500. I had lots of fruit. Two peaches and 1/2 a canteloupe. Yum.

I won't be posting till tomorrow afternoon. I have to get up early to get to the office skills class.

Thanks for listening.

Roll
  • The week is just flying by! I am off on friday for the family wedding. It should be lots of fun. I have made it to the gym two times and fri. will be 3. It really helped me to preplan it on my schedule. The a.m. really works for me. I just have a hard time remembering to bring everything. Yesterday it was my blow dryer! Last time my towels go figure! But the workouts are good and I have been increasing my levels. I have tried to keep my heart rate at 150-165. The sweat just rolls off many some wt. too! I have gotten on the scale this a.m. and down1.5lbs. still need to lose 2lbs. to get back to my lowest pt. I am pleased with it coming off! I was there and didn't keep it off because I slide off. I learn the hard way but still making progress in the learning to change my ways. Yesterday I had a handful of chips a coworker had brought in. That is tough but it could of been 3 handfuls. I have learned if you want something have some not too much but some. Cause when you don't all you do is keep trying to satisfy your cravings. Normally will eat double cals. of what you would of if you had just had it. Well have a good day at some pt. tonight we are celebrating birthdays so some dessert will be part of my intake today!
    Rollmdl good for you getting to the gym. Any activity is good! Anyways this might be better to get you started again. If it makes you feel good thats all that is important. Keep it up! Remember your worth the effort!
    Tiredoffat oh I have been there in the past with extended family issues. Its not easy I could eat a ref. full over that stuff. Maybe you need a me day! Take some time if possible for yourself. Its different as your kids are grown I find more time for myself now. But looking back when they were younger it was tough. Remember sometimes we need to think of ourselves and take care of us. Because if we don't we are no good for our family. You have to stay healthy! Block out some me time this is your break from work!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day!
    Intake = out for breakfast 450 calories
    Lunch= salad/ yogurt 90 = 300
    Dinner=?
  • Hi all. Roll and Carol thanks for the good advice. I feel much better today. It's a reality that if I want to exercise I have to schedule it. I also have to make sure and schedule some "me" time each week.

Roll - enjoy the time while your daughter is away. It's a good time to take care of yourself. I got my haircut today and it felt like he cut a million worries off me. Just shows that doing a bit for ourselves goes a long way. I like your idea about portions too.

Carol - awesome job - you're really making lifestyle changes such as eating a little of something rather than the whole bag. I hope you enjoy the wedding.

intake
    healthy smoothie (300)
    almonds (170)
    tuna sandwich (400)
    cheese (300 - oops!)
    total so far 1170

plans today
    groceries - lots of healthy choices
    house cleaning (companys coming) - power cleaning as I won't have time for ex.
    swim meet with boys
  • I had a good eating day. 1200 calories and on fitday I've been checking to see if I'm meeting my minimum daily requirements. I did well today.
    I'm really tired but I don't feel the same type of exhaustion that I do when I'm eating unhealthy food. I don't feel tired and dirty-----just tired.

Thanks for the words of wisdom Tired. I think I'll have a pedicure tomorrow.

It's late.

I'd better turn in. It's good to be back.
    Thank you,

Roll
  • Rollmdl make sure you don't go to low on your calories that can burn away muscle and you don't want that. Your doing well the energy will come. Sometimes the summer heat makes us tired also. Have you had your thyroid checked lately? I have that problem and if its out of wack I am tired and can't move my wt. Just a thought.
    Tiredoffat yesterday I ate out for dinner I can't say I was a good girl by any means. But it was my b day so what right? Anyway today I am going to the gym. I have the day off from work. My children and hubby made my day special yesterday. And my grandson the youngest sent me floweres he picked out. How cute! Now there training that little guy right. My son and daughter inlaw called from Hawaii and that was nice. We had a nice visit. I can't wait to go there it sounds so beautiful. There company is doing well and they are working as business partners. She is helping with the contracting jobs using power tools etc. Now that is my kind of daughter in law and I only get one of those.
    Today I am going to the gym. Going to eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and have lots of water. That way I can have some fun later at the wedding. I am preplanning!
    Breakfast= oatmeal w/dash br.sugar, spices 200 and 1 yogurt90
    snack= fruit peaches
    lunch= cukes, basil, tomatoe, onion spices, cheese and vinegar, olive oil 150
    fruit
  • Great job Carol and Roll. Hopefull the healthy eating will rub off on me. I've been steadily gaining this summer. Plain and simple I've been eating too much.

My exercise regime has been awesome on the other hand. Lots of firsts. Last night I swam a mile for the first time in my life! Once the triathlon is over I'm going to try a more steady, low key exercise regime and focus on the healthy eating which is the key to weight loss.

Busy weekend caring for my two little nieces so I'm not expecting much of myself as far as dedicating to the health journey - I just want to stay calm, enjoy them and keep it low key.
  • HI ALL,
    So far so good today. I had a half of a cantaloupe and walnuts for breakfast and tuna salad with tomatoes wrapped in a high fiber low fat wheat tortilla.

Tired, you remind me of myself. It seems, lately, that when my food is in order, my exercise is being neglected. When I'm exercising regularly, I'm looser with my food choices. I'm guessing this pendulum will eventually rest (or vibrate) in the middle. At least the swings aren't as wide as they were before.

Carol, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! My birthday is next week. I don't have any plans as of yet. All the girlfriends are out of town. My daughter and I will plan something special. I really miss her and am looking forward to having her back.

I wish I were going to Hawaii.

Oh, yes, I did have my thyroid checked during my last checkup and it's not the problem. I really notice my energy level plummeting when I eat sugar, and when I eat late at night (resulting in less than sound sleep).

I'm feeling more energetic every day.

The heat, however............that I could do without. I don't mind it so much when I'm thin, but when I'm overweight, it really is uncomfortable.

Talk with you all soon.

Have fun and good luck with the nieces, Tired.

Roll
  • Hi all. Roll, the sugar really affects me negatively too. That was one great reward of sticking to a healthy diet - I felt great.

I know this is going to be a good week. I have a light schedule. Time to exercise and eat well. Time to spend with people I love most. The last ten days were simply way way too busy and that's when I fall.

Take care.
  • Rollmdl Happy Birthday to You! Hope you will enjoy a nice time out with your daughter. I know I enjoyed spending time with my girls for our birthdays. Tam's and mine are on the same day. Do something fun maybe a movie and dinner out together? They all grow up too fast and then we don't have enough time with just them. We celebrated our birthdays at my sisters yesterday it was fun. She has a lovely pool and so it was an ideal place to have it. I fixed some of the food so it was pretty healthy not too bad. I love to cook so it wasn't a problem. My son inlaw did all the grilling. I could of cared less about celebrating again but my daughter I think wanted a family get together so we did it. Next year though I think just ordering pizzas and making a huge salad would be cheaper!
    My wedding I attended was fun on friday. I did pretty good didn't really over eat and ate good before I went and exercised. Seems that preplanning is in my corner as a good tool to use. I haven't done the scale thing and won't til wed. but feel good and it seems I have either tightened up some loose skin or lost some wt. I prefer to lose at this time. I have some cracks on my heels and they will prevent me from the treadmill for a few days but I will swim and workout.
    Rollmdl and Tired your both hanging in there and trying to make changes and that is the name of the game. So just keep up with your efforts. A new you is right around the corner. In fact I told my sister whom is 43 that I feel better at 51 than I did at 41. I think I owe it to the fact that most of the time I am trying to eat healthier and exercise to stay healthy. I have a good attitude about it all and that makes a world of difference. She is a pretty you lady and was complaining she was falling apart. I told her to get over the number think as our grandma said that is just a number! Don't forget your yogurt girls it melts away belly fat!
    Today: exercise= swim laps
    Breakfast= bagel w/ lt. cc 350
    nectarine 37
    Lunch= salad w/ greens and tuna w/lite dressing 250 few croutons for a crunch 25, yogurt 90-
    Dinner= hamburger 225 with a whole wheat roll 150, tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar and garlic 35 yogurt w/ grapes 150 approx. 1400 cals
  • Hi All,
    I just posted and my message disappeared.
    It's pretty late so I'll make this quick. I won't be posting till
    later tomorrow--have my training.
    I did okay with my eating today. A little low in the calorie department.
    I had enough protein (90 grams) but was a little hungry.

Thanks for the good wishes Carol.

I'll talk later when I have a brain.

Thanks for being here.

Roll
  • Hello girls! Hope your all having a good day! I am up early and sending some ebay payments out etc. I have been creating some jewelry lately. It has been fun and I just purchased some amber beads and silver earring wires. I will have enough wires for the rest of my life. It was a big pack. I have been feeling really good lately out of my slump I guess. Yesterday I did some laps in my sisters inground pool. It was nice out and today will be in the high 90's so I will do more laps today. I see a diffference in my arms they are really formed. I wish I was smaller boned but that isn't the case. Out of the 3 girls I am the larger boned. But also the strongest too! And I guess its not such a bad thing as long as I am toned. I am wearing a red sleeveless top today to work. I usually don't do sleeveless for work but what the heck. I think I have either lost some inches or wt. cause my clothes are fitting better. I will do the wt. thing on friday. That is my day for the little white square to come out of its closet. Well here is my intake plans for the day. Yesterday was a good eating day for the most part I did add in some strawberries with a bit of sugar that was the no no! The sugar!
    Breakfst = south beach cereal 150, milk splash 50, yogurt 90
    Snack= nectaurine 37
    Lunch= salad greens, Annies low fat low cal dressing raspberry 25 cals, croutons 25, soy crisps 110 w/ roasted red pepper hummus 70/ fresh red/ green pepper total=275
    grapes 50
    Dinner= sauted hot and sweet peppers, tomatoe, basil,fresh mozz. cheese salad , balsmic vinegar, little olive oil appox 1,000 cals.
    Then what ever else I fit in to add up to 1400 or a little less maybe today, but not below 1300
  • Hi all. So good to hear from you. Carol, I'm glad that your birthday celebrations and the wedding went well. Your attitude couldn't be better and I'm sure you've lost either pounds or inches - perhaps both! I bet it feels great.

Roll, great to hear that you're staying on track. I'm still struggling with the food, but I feel 100 percent better this week than last. I think I just got very exhausted last week.

My son and I did a triathlon workout this morning. I swam .5 mile, biked (on the bike machine) 12 miles, and ran (on the treadmill) 3.1. It took me almost two hours to do it all, but it gave me confidence that I'll be able to finish on Sunday. While my weight has gone up, my endurance and fitness has definately improved. Last year at this time I could barely swim .25 mile and I couldn't run one mile.

Carol, you mentioned your shoulders. I'm a big build. In fact all this working out has made me bigger. Like you, I've always thought it would be nice to have a smaller frame, but now I'm really starting to think about my body as big and strong - healthy. In the locker room at the gym there was a woman who was an even bigger build than me today. She had on the most flattering clothes and looked wonderful. She carried herself well too.

Thanks for the yogurt tip - I'll have a yogurt smoothie today. Thanks for being here.

brunch - Indian chicken dish (320 - Trader Joes), grapes (100)
    snack (plan) - yogurt smoothie (300)
    dinner - salad, salmon
  • Sparklerose/new here
    Hi, I just joined last night. Been looking for a great support group. I am 59 years old and have 13 grandchildren and live in Florida. I have lost 45 pounds on WW and have about 25 to go. These last pounds are really hard to get off. Been trying for months.

My exercise for yesterday was 40 minutes of aerobics, 10 minutes of kickboxing and 10 minutes of Abs. total - 60 minutes

My menu for yesterday:
    B: cereal with ff milk and orange juice
    Sn: 4 oz yogurt, 1 slice of ff cheese and 3 lo-fat crackers
    L: beef/noodles casserole I made, spinach, brocolli and a nectarine
    Sn: 4 oz yogurt
    S: 1 cup of homemade soup, 7 lofat crackers and an apple
    Sn: WW ice cream bar
    water: 88 ounces

I was tempted with a candy bar, but didn't eat it, which is unusual for me.
    Have a wonderful evening.