LAWL & Friends # 82

You're on Page 11 of 22
Go to
  • Hi Everyone....
    June..I'm still here. I've been keeping up with everyones post but just didn't have too much to contribute lately.
    I really messed up over the weekend, and I was doing so good. I'm allowing myself one cheat meal a month just to break things up. I had that on Friday and my weight even went down .2 on Sunday. Then we had the baseball game Sunday night and all my well thought out plans went right out the window. To top things off, we also went out to lunch on Sunday. That's why I said the heck with it at the ballgame. That's where the "Rainbow Plan" comes in...
    So anyway, I am back on plan and doing damage control this week. I'm up 1.6 so I have to get that back off plus hopefully alittle more.
    I also just found out last night that my Brother was able to get us tickets for the Bristol race (Nascar, hence the name RustyWallaceFan) this weekend. We were going to TN for the weekend anyway and this makes it all the better. However, it will be impossible to stay on plan at the track. We will be there all day and night (night race) The track food isn't plan friendly at all. You can only take one cooler in there and mine will be filled with water. I just hate paying 4.00 for a bottle of water. The rest of time should be on plan. My S-I-L is still doing maintenance with LA and she keeps me straight when I visit.
    Congratulations to all you losers and Welcome to everyone just joining the group.
    Talk to you all later.
  • Hello Everyone - all you Newbies and other Losers....
    I'm still here, just lurking, reading and enjoying all you success stories.
    I have recently been not so great on plan and decided yesterday to get back to actually being POP (perfect on plan) and hoping to see the scale go down again. I have been on maintenance without being at my goal weight.
    I joined LA on April 6th and have lost 16.6 pounds so far, so compared to most of you, my loss is very slow.....Then every once in awhile I take a break from plan and then get back on. That's just the best for me to keep going.....
    One thing I have learned is that you have to do what works best for you and stick with that plan.
    Someone ask about scales? I recently bought a Health-o-Meter at Target and it's digital with .2 counts. I love it, it helps me keep track of where I am day by day....I think it was about $39.00.

216/165.2/150-133
  • Karen and Star: Glad to hear from you both!!!!

Karen: Kristi is right - 1.6 is nothing and probably due to water anyway - so it will come right off. That's great about those Nascar tickets - you go enjoy that race!!! It must be real comforting to have an understanding sister-in-law who is so supportive. I'm sure you'll do just fine.!!!

Star: Don't belittle your weight loss!!! Look at the big picture and how much you've lost since your highest weight. That's a real accomplishment!!!! And you are getting close to goal in the big scheme of things - so I'm sure that makes the losses slow down. You're attitude is great and I'm sure you'll see that goal real soon. That sounds like a really good deal on that scale at Target. I bought mine there about two years ago, and probably paid about the same thing, but it only has .5 increments - you did great!!!

June
  • Hi
    Geez, after I reread my post, it wasn't suppose to sound like it did. Upon rereading it sounded as if the green eyed monster took control..... Sorry girls!

Kristi, I am very proud of my struggle so far and for so many years. That's why I put my highest weight in there, my LA start weight was 181.8. But as June says "in the big scheme of things" I have come a long way...But really sometimes I think "Will I ever get to goal in this lifetime?"

About the scale, Karen has the same one. I could be off on the price, I don't pay close attention to detail (that's where Karen comes in). I find that if I weigh everyday I can keep it under control, even when I'm on premature maintenance

Last weekend was a "Rainbow Plan" for me too. On Friday night I went out with some out of town high school friends. Which is really special becuz I'm at the age where you "lose" those friends for different reasons. I won't go into details about what we did or had, but thank God for that Rainbow Plan.

Went to the Center yesterday (hadn't been in two weeks) and requested to be put back on the Gold Plan, they said okay. I weighed 2 ounces less than the last time I was there. That must be due to exercise, which I do faithfully on or off plan (I love it). My counslor told me she's at goal weight, but she is always on plan/maintenance. She says some people just have to really watch their intake 24/7 I'm sure that will be the case with me when I get to goal. BUT, to have those things you love in moderation will be good enough for me. Afterall I will be thin then and really what else matters lol

Oh and I noticed there are alot of us 5'7" girls on here, it must be a lucky number

Thanks for asking about us..........

181.8/165.2/150-133
  • Hi everybody. Maybe I missed the post re: drinking lemon water every night.Do you drink it warm and what is the reason for it? Just to make all you northern gals jealous, it's 85 degrees here and sunny. Tonight I am going walking with my dd around a 3 mile lake, then to Boston Market for take out for the rest of the family. However I've decided to have a Lean Cuisine. Take care all. I hope to catch up with everyone when I get home.
    Beachlover
  • Here are my stats at my highest too...

May 2003- 180
    LA start weight- 161
    Now- 150
    Goal- 130

I'm proud of how far I've came too, it's just that I've been stuck at this weight for what seems like forever. Of course, the cheating doesn't help...

Kristi- Don't feel bad. I always say I'm 5'2" but I'm actually 5' 1 1/2 just easier to say 5'2"
  • Kristi....Have you followed the gold plan all along and do you exercise at all? You've really done good. Did you cheat much in the 5 months? I did, that's why I've only lost 11 punds since March....
  • June- I have to tell you I started back to school today. I am a non-traditional college student going back at age 32 to try to accomplish what I should have 15 years ago. But the funny thing is both buildings where my classes are have my favorite coffee shop in them. Here it is Moxie Java and I would almost give my right arm for one during that first lecture session! The other thing is that I skipped my fruit and just had the bar and it was tough getting that down as I hate to eat in front of people. Did help get me through to a late lunch though.

Kristi-Did it feel like the 5 months went by fast? My goal is four months so we will see.

Star- All of us have a had bad day or three so heads up and hang in there. My mom has been on LAWL for what seems like a year to me and is down like 60 pounds and she says she has a few more to go so she has yet to make it to maintenance as well but she has been so encouraging to me and she goes on and goes off but usually only for a few days at a time and she typically only gains a pound or two. So I think although we have those days we screw up the diet we can always hope for a better day and week!

Hello to everyone else! I weigh in in the morning and am nervous/anxious. I hope this will disipate and not seem so terrifying. I wondered how getting a bathroom scale would be I think I would always be obsessing and weighing myself.....

Talk to you all soon! Kids are home and homework time has started to monopolize my time again!
    Sammy
  • Good Morning Everyone,
    I'm waiting for the painter for the first bit of what needs to be done.

Star, Kristi, and Karen: You've all really come a long way - that's so wonderful!!!

Kristi: I agree with you about the Green Plan - too little food - my counselor said that she'd never put me on that for the last few pounds - and I heaved a sigh of relief. She said there are other ways of doing it, like plateau breakers - which sounds like what you are doing with the switch to a bar and a hot chocolate. It takes a lot of patience - especially when you are so close - but you're just about there!!!

Sammy: It's great that you are going back to school - there are many non-traditional students now - and it's wonderful to see. It will take you a while to get adjusted to the new schedule - I'm preparing myself for that as well. I know you can do it - Good Luck!!!!

I'll be back later I'm sure. Until then have a gread day.

June
  • Morning Girls......
    Hi -

Hope you are all doing great this fine Hump Day.......I'm doing really good and did fine with my first couple days of being officially back on the Gold Plan...

Kristi, Thanks for all the encourgement....I can use all the motivation I can find. It helps to know that you have done so well and not totally POP 100% of the time.
    Sammy, Thanks for the story about your mom. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that occasionally alters this plan or goes off here and there. I think it is way cool that your mom is such an inspiration to you. Also your plate is full, being on plan, taking care of kids and going back to school - Way to Go.....

Beachlover, Glad you have found nice weather and I'm jealous Our Michigan weather has been awful for most of our short summer. But, on a brighter note, we have the beautiful Fall Colors to look forward to. It sounds like you are already on Damage Control, even though your vacation isn't over - have to give you props for that

Does anyone out there or has anyone seen the "Thigh & Bun" machine that's advertised on tv now? I was thinking of maybe adding it to my at home gym. I saw it at the "As Seen On TV" store at the mall here for $59.

Well, have to run and get some things done here. Talk to ya'll later.
  • Star:
    I've also seen the thigh and bun machine on TV - but I don't know anyone that has it. For that sort of price it sounds like a good add on to your home gym. Let me know if you get it and how you think it works.
    June
  • Good morning everyone,
    June...You are right. All of this is alot of hard work. WE all just have to keep trying and we'll eventually get there.
    Kristi...I'm going to try the gold plan today exactly as it is written. I don't know why I have to modify every plan that I'm on. And I figure if I stick to the gold plan exactly when I'm on plan that this weight will come off in time. I'm just stressing too much over this. I have 19 or 20 pounds to go and I know I'll get it off. Just hopefully it will be sooner than later.
    I got on the scales this morning and I'm back down in the 140's (149.4) I'm almost back to where I was (148.6) So, it's all good.
    I'm still walking in the mornings and next week I'm going to start some toning and sculpting on the ultra track. Maybe that will work on this belly that I have....
    Ok Ladies, I have to go for now but I'll be back later.
  • June,
    I think it looks like it would really work. It just so happens that those are my problem areas. I have the Beach Body Tapes and I do the Ab tape everyday and it really works, it only takes 7 minutes to do. Since they say the Bun & Thigh machine takes 5 minutes (?), I know I would do that also. Then I follow my ab tape with the treadmill and recumbent bike....Your right, for $59 it couldn't hurt to try it.

So June, do you work out? If so, what do you do?
  • Okay all! I feel so lazy as it seems that everyone works out!! I feel I could make up 50,000 excuses I think this weekend I am going to try to sweet talk my husband into an eliptical machine. After paying what I paid to join LAWL I don't know how he will feel about that! I am nervous about being hungry. I wonder if what they say is true that if you are hungry your body will store fat as it does not know when it will get its next nourishment? I weigh in this morning I think I am going to ask my counselor about working out and eating.

Hope everyone has a great day! Our weather here in the west has been so pleasant, the summer has been long and we usually have summer like temperatures through October and this week has been rainy and very mild so it was such a releif from the heat!

Good day to all and happy POP!!!!
    Sammy
  • (Good) morning everyone...

Grrr, yesterday was a frustrating day. Long story short, I did something nasty to my back and my regular chiropractor was out of town, so I went to the clinic where my SIL works. They are out-of-network for my insurance, so I had to cough up a $300 deductible before they could work on me. Had I not been in so much pain that I could barely sit in a chair for five minutes at a time, I probably would have had the good sense to find a DC that was in-plan, but all I could think at the time was "fix me fix me fix me!" So now I'm feeling kind of taken advantage of, and don't think there's much I can do about it. So that wasn't a great day. Then by the time I got home (feeling better but still not 100%), I was so angry at myself for letting the pain override my common sense (and at DH for getting scheduled to work on DD's birthday) that I said screw the diet, screw cooking, and ate an entire plate of leftover spaghetti. And THEN, other SIL calls wanting to know if DD and I want to go out for birthday ice cream with her, and before I even realized what I was doing, I was halfway through a bowl of apple pie ala mode, complete with caramel sauce. I also skimped on the fruits and veggies since we were busy running around to the chiropractor and bday shopping for DD. OY. And I thought I had gotten all of my bad habits out of the way the first week. I really, really want nothing more than one solid week of POP to see what kind of results I get, but I keep on sabotoging myself. I SO do not want to go weigh in this evening.

Sorry to dump on you all, it's just been a rough couple of days, and I need to get it off my chest in hopes that I can stop analyzing it and move forward.

Fiona