tired of searching

• Hummus - I have looked all over the grocery stores for this - where is it in the store? I have a recipe for this but would rather buy it made - thanks.
  • At many of my stores it is with the specail cheeses. Like your goat and Brie cheese. Hope you find it.
  • Ask somebody! And then ask for a manager if they can't tell you. At Fresh Fields or Trader Joe's or Whole Foods or any of those organic-gourmet stores, it should be prominent, and come in several enticing flavors....
  • Costco also tends to sell good hummus and at a very fair price. I always see it in the place where the imported cheeses are and definitely ask someone they'll be able to point it out.
  • Thanks for the quick reply - I thought it was mashed chick peas with spices, so I will look in the cheese aisle!
  • It is chcik peas. It is usually kept refrigerated though so may be in the deli, with cheese or even with veggies as it is used as a dip.
  • Hi Ruth
    I think I'm leaving you message all over the place. Just learning my way around
    Joan Fay
  • Hello Everyone,
    This is a new forum for me. I hope I can find my way back. I have registerd and done everything I'm supposed. So here is hoping. I am trying to keep track of what I eat and count calories. I do have a South Beach book. Sugar Busters didn't work for me. I found Adkins too confining. My hat's off to those that do well on either of these two diets. I must cut calories and increase the excercise. Drink plenty of water.
    That's about it. Looking for any suggestions or recipies. I'm sure I will find them on this forum. Thank you joan fay
  • Joan Fay, welcome to the Beach! I'm glad you've decided to join us.
  • Found it! In deli area where fancy cheeses were. Guess I will try it with some
    veggies for dipping - thanks, again.