What type are you?

You're on Page 7 of 8
Go to
  • Hi I have been reading thee stories but can't understand it . Cant you be vegertarian and eat eggs and drink milk? I thought it was not eating the flesh of animals? Well pls tell me? Violet47
  • Quote: Hi I have been reading thee stories but can't understand it . Cant you be vegertarian and eat eggs and drink milk? I thought it was not eating the flesh of animals? Well pls tell me? Violet47
    A vegetarian who eats eggs and dairy is an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. So yes, you can be vegetarian and still eat eggs and dairy products.

Answering the question of this topic, that's what I am, an ovo-lacto-vegetarian. I went through a period where I was a pescetarian (a pesce-vegetarian, as some of you call it, somebody who still eats fish), but I don't eat fish anymore.
  • Gratefully vegan. 5+ years.
  • Im not sure exactly what kind i am? I dont eat eggs and I cant really have dairy. (ill have chocolate milk and maybe some cheese (sliced and shredded). The only meat ill eat is Chicken. Except today, i had a hamburger, but it was my first in a very long time and im not switching to meat any time soon!
  • I started out a pretty strict vegan (checking labels on shampoo, etc.) Then devolved into a much more relaxed one, not minding if a label said "contains milk & eggs" so long as it wasn't blatantly a dairy product. I figured it's not an ideal world, and it's not really my fault everything has dairy or eggs in it. Now I'm probably more of a part-time vegetarian, part vegan. I will very seldom have eggs or something with dairy on it, but that's not really the basis of my diet, and I tend to avoid it. I guess I'm just really relaxed, but still don't really like animal products. Does that make me a veg*n? Or is that not really a label?
  • I think veg*n is an umbrella term used for groups rather than individuals, like LGBT. I'd just call you a vegetarian who doesn't eat dairy and eggs that often. There's no particular reason why we have to label ourselves that accurately for other people's curiosity, you know!

Vegetarian since age 11, vegan since age 19. Although you may not consider me to be properly vegan for the first two years, as I ate honey during that time. Once I realised that the honey industry causes cruelty and death just as the dairy and egg industries do, I stopped the honey as well.
  • I'm vegan for all things diet; lifestyle-wise, I'm not vegan yet, but I'm working towards it.
  • I've been a vegetarian since I was in 7th grade and while it might have started out as a dare from my best friend, I became aware of how my diet has impacts not only on my weight, but on my family, community, and the environment. It's probably been the best decision I have ever made
  • ova-lacto plus fish. not really semi-vegetarian since I do not touch other animal products. thought about giving up fish a few times... but struggle to get enough protein without it.
  • I am Ovo-Lacto...
  • I'm ovo-lacto-vegetarian. I hope to one day be an ovo-vegetarian.
  • Ovo-Lacto
  • I just switched to being vegan. I used to be vegetarian for a while, then quit, now switched entirely to vegan. I try not to eat anything prepackaged or processed. I'm not a strict vegan yet but I'm sure with time I will be.
  • A Hopeful Vegan
    I am been vegan on and off for years. I want to make that committment but it is hard. I recently go diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. I am trying to follow "Dr. Neal Barnard's Program for Reversing Diabetes". I need alot soppurt I hope to get here.
  • I am a lacto-ovo

As far as ethics are concerned, what is the point of semi-vegetarianism?