Weekly Thread: Aug 2-Aug 8 Party TIME!

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • C H R I S !

How much do *I* suck?! I missed your birthday!

Here's my Chris story:

A few months ago, I posted a message that could have been taken as a "last call" before a suicide. About three minutes after I posted it, my phone rang. It was Chris. She talked to me for an hour and a half not just about ED, but about everything. Here's this woman I've never met, who lives 1000 miles from me...she just knew instinctively that I needed to hear a voice of someone who KNEW what it was like to have food rule your life. The phone call was really my turning point in all of this. She gave me some very astute insights and a big pile of wisdom. They're the tools I carry with me every day.

I love you, girlie! I hope 32 is as awesome for you as it was for me. (It's the year I started back to college.)
  • You never suck Jenelle, God made you just as you are. This was so sweet, and so great for me to hear. And I want to put this out there, if you girls ever need me PM me. As soon as I can I will get back to you one way or another.

We all deserve to recover

Chris
  • Happy belated birthday, Chris!
    Hi all,

I've gotten out of the habit of checking in here daily. Please beat me with a wet noodle.

Still in mourning for my MIL. We are living our lives but it comes in waves.

My program has lagged - have not broken my abstinence but my program has not been as strong as it should. Making baby steps to get it back to where it was before all of this. And that includes checking in with you all.

My place is a mess and I am having a surprise party for a friend tomrrow - so I got to get crackin'.
  • Kat, I seem to have missed to post about your MIL. I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Theres are Kat!
    I am sorry things have been so crazy Kat! You check in as you can girl

Okay this should make ya'll laugh! Is my mouth big enough? Blowing out candles on my birthday cake.

Today just is! Jenelle!

Chris

• Just a short note to say hi. Not much has happened.

Chris--You did make me smile but just the thought of you having a good time was reason enough.

Janelle--We love you just the way you are. Each of us has our own story about food. And it was a post on this board that I discovered what my story was.
  • Hey guys,
    Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing. My weekend went pretty well, I slept in and went to the park to do my walking. The weather is changing here and now the nights are getting chilly. Autumn is my favorite season! Though I had some pretty bad spouts with my depression, I didn't cut myself. Tuesday I see my psychiatrist and I think he's changing my meds to Prozac.
    Chris-Totally cool cake! What kind was it? I hope all your wishes came true!
  • Jennelle, the story you told about Chris made me cry! I loved it and I love you all!! I'm so glad I decided to come out of hiding

I feel really bad today, I purposely hardly ate anything today only 6 weight watchers points and then I got home from work tonight and I had 2 oatmeal cookies and I immediately felt guilty even though it wouldnt have hurt me so I purged, I'm so disappointed in myself. I wish my husband were home more if he were around I know I wouldnt have done it! Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that he isn't here for me, he had to work. I'm afraid that this is going to start a horrible chain reaction....Its been awhile since I purged but have had a few binge episodes and I was doing the exercise anorexia thing for abit as well doing 2 hours a day of exercise! It was crazy. I made myself stop but I hope this was just a slip up and I won't feel compelled to do it again.

Mugirl I'm glad you had a nice weekend Its starting to get chilly here at night too. I'm so happy you didn't cut! I know exactly how hard that can be. I'm so ashamed of my scars. I've never been on prozac but took paxil for 6 years and then zoloft after I had my last child only because I had post partum I was crying all the time lol. Now I don't take anything they think I'm good now and so do I. It took awhile and some "detox" but I feel good in that aspect I hope you will soon as well hugs to you my dear.

CeeJay How are things hun? Hope all is well.

Chris I LOVE that birthday picture you look beautiful!! Glowing!! I hope this is a great year for you! You deserve it!!

Kat I hope you are feeling well. We're here for you!

Well its wicked late and I need some sleep.
    Love to you all
    Michelle
  • Chris, I love your birthday picture! And pink is definitely your color!

Michelle, I know you had a rough day! Try not to dwell, though. The beauty of it is that God gave you another minute to start fresh. What's done is done.