Weekly Thread: Aug 2-Aug 8 Party TIME!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • Chris - I am the SAME WAY when something I read or hear really pisses me off! I have to stop and figure out if I'm justifiably mad, or if I'm mad because it's true. Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

The RV story in a nutshell: It was in way better shape than we expected! I actually didn't get to go pick it up. Our son was sick and we went ahead and left him home on Friday night. He was running a fever of about 100.5, but I figured he'd be okay. We drove to Conway, AR that night and slept at the Motel 6. Around 4 a.m., husband's cell phone rang and it was son, saying that his fever woke him up and he took his temp and it was 103.9. Hubby drove me to the halfway point between Conway and Memphis, and I had a friend meet me there and drive me the rest of the way home. Son is better today. He had a pretty severe virus that was going around. We ended up taking him to the clinic on Saturday and then the doctor on Monday. His temperature has been good for about 36 hours now, so I think he's over it.

Anyhow, RV is currently sitting in our driveway. Hubby bug-bombed it to get rid of the ticks. He needs to replace the plumbing, but that's about it mechanically. Of course, it needs a through cleaning! We also need to get a new matress for the bed and a new mattress for the futon. He seems to think we can have it completely finished by Labor Day weekend.

School starts tomorrow. The new language arts teacher across the hall ROCKS! We will get along famously. She's one of those types who doesn't care if "it didn't work last year." She'll try it again if it's a good idea.

And CeeJay...We drove out I-40, so we probably weren't in your neck of the woods. I know I=55 well though...we've got family in KC and go that way if the weather's bad in the Ozarks.
  • Vanessa, I'm praying for you to find peace and not hurt yourself anymore. I actually help a girl who I work with who is a cutter as well and It really helps her to talk to someone who has been there before. I can't say for sure whether or not I'll ever do it again but for the last almost 3 years I've been good and I'm hoping to stay on the right track. I remember making the excuses that now I'm almost positive nobody believed. But please know that I am praying for you

Tracy I'm sure I'll get a good couple hours to myself tonight so I should be fine, I try and do some deep breathing exercises to calm me down and I also try and do creative visualization while I'm lying in bed at night helps to clear my mind.

Jennelle glad the RV is in pretty good condition it sounds like a fun project to restore it!

Ok I'm off to fix my kids some supper
    TTYL!!
    Michelle
  • Oh Jennelle I was going to mention, on Sunday we had to take my 2 yo to the ER she had a fever the night before and it was 103 something, and then the next day (sunday) at about 5 pm we took her temp when we gave her her tylenol and it was up to 105.6!! The ER doc rushed us out cuz they had a multiple trauma victims from a car accident and said it was probably just a virus that was going on and to just keep an eye on her but man was I frightened, my pediatrician always tells me that anything over 104 is dangerous and we should watch for seizures. I hope you little one is feeling better

Michelle
  • God's blessings on each of you.

Yipee I get 4 day's off starting tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will start anew. Will weigh in, measure for stats. Got a card from the diet center that I joined earlier this year but I'm not going back. I can do this with God's help and a little will power.

Janelle-I live in the town at the 48 mile marker from Memphis on I-55. Glad the RV is in good condition.

Tracy-- I used to punish myself by over exerising. I'm trying not to do that now.

Vanessa--Prayers are being sent in your behalf.

Chris--Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. I've misplaced your phone number. Could you email it to me again or if you still have my number give me a call.

Michelle--Once your doc has your thyroid med's regulated, you will feel like a new woman. Remember to take them daily. If I miss mine more than 2 day's I can feel a big difference.

Hi to everyone else.
  • Out too late and laughed too much! will see you all in the morning! I love you guys! For my birthday would you mind saying 1 nice thing about me or tell a story? Please!

Chris

• Chris I have several nice things to say about you and this is even not knowing you as well as some of the ladies here

1. You are one of the most intelligent people I have had the pleasure of "typing" with Your intelligence comes out in your writing.

2. You are VERY beautiful, inside and out, but we know which one matters most

3. You are a very strong woman to be battling what you battle every day ( excuse my less than perfect typing as Its very late lol)

Happy birthday girly!!!

Oh by the way I got ya a little something get some dollar bills out of your purse and scroll down...

keep going.........

Little more..................

ok ok I know that is just so wrong but I thought it was cute Anyway all nonsense aside I hope you have a wonderful day!
  • That was awesome!
    Oh Michelle! I laughed and even cried a little bit. That was so great. I need a naked man for my birthday Oh your poor baby! How is she feeling?

CJ- Any plans for your days off? Sent you my number girlie. Don't forget to treat your sweet self the best!

Jenelle- So glad to hear the teacher across the hall rocks, the RV is cool, and the your son is okay. So what things have your thrown across the room?

Vanessa- I am more a picker (non-healer) than a cutter. I am just wondering if your under any kind of treatment because its that not feeling anything at all that goes with EDs that drived that behavior. You know ugly on the inside, ugly on the outside thing. If you get the urge, write, write, write, send it to me, send it to anyone, send it to God. Your beautiful and deserve to be loved inside and out. AND THAT GOES FOR YOU MICHELLE AND ALL OF YA'LL!!!!!!

Tracy- How is today going to be?

I love ya'll!
    Chris
  • Happy Birthday, Chris! *insert confetti, noisemakers, and streamers* (You already know that I'm techno-challenged or I'd find you a nakie dancing guy, too! LOL)

Another year older, another year wiser, and another year being the wonderful Chris that God created you to be.

Three nice things about Miss Chris...
    1. You're a truth seeker and someone filled with hope for the future you were made for. Yes, you do it ODAT, but all those days will make up an incredible rest-of-your-life.
    2. You're everyone's cheerleader, seeing the light in others and shining it for them when they aren't able to do it themselves.
    3. You're fun and funny and you make other people better for knowing you.

I hope you have a beautiful day! It's a day off from work, I hope!

*nakie dancing guy exits AFTER cleaning up the confetti, noisemakers, and streamers...a true birthday wish come true*

Love ya,
    Christy
  • Morning post, part II

Vanessa -- Welcome to our little group! You'll have that many more people praying for your well-being and recovery now!

Michelle -- Sorry your little one was so sick! That's always scary, isn't it? In the end I think their illnesses are tougher on Mommy than they are on them. We seem genetically predisposed to worry so much.

Jennelle -- I hope you're having a great first day at school! By the time our kids go back on the 24th, you'll be completely in the groove. I love teacher workdays and preparing for a new group of students, but the first 3-4 days of school itself are tiring. I don't know how it is with the older kids, but we seem to spend more time going over (and over!) rules and routines than actually teaching. It is amazing to see how far they progress each year. They come in as second grade babies really (and I mean that in a loving way, not at all an insult to them!) having trouble finishing even the shortest assignment and, by the end of the year, it's difficult to give them enough work to keep them busy. I'm beginning to get excited! You'll have to tell us all about your day. Congrats on the RV, too!

Tracey -- The article you read sounds really interesting. I'm glad you are in a good place right now with your church. That makes such a difference, doesn't it? I get a great deal of comfort from our church family and wouldn't want to be without it!

All of you have a great day! I'm off to work on some chores and entertain the kidlets.

Love to you all,
    Christy
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS!

Just one nice thing?? OK, you have a great, silly, slightly smutty, and off the wall sense of humor!

Mel
  • Happy birthday to you
    happy birthday to you
    happy birrrrthday to chris
    happy birthday to you

Chris you are a warm, affectionate person. And a highly intellegent person. I was a lucky person to get to meet you.

Now if I had known their would be naked men at your party today I'd been here sooner.
  • Hey guys, I hope your thursdays went well and I must thank each of you for your prayers. It certainly has worked b/c the last 2 days have been stress free and very comfronting! I am in therapy for my ED, almost a year and it def. has helped me explore all the hidden triggers and culprits that I didn't know I had. But my therapist does not have any type of true knowledge about ED, they only have a social work degree, and no one around here has any type of experience on ED. But I thank god for them, I honestly do, I know my road wouldn't have been easy w/o them. When I do cut myself, I feel nothing at all, as far as pain or disgust. Your right Chris, I do feel "nothing" when I am in that condition. I turn to that instead of purging, the thought of puking freaks me out. But I"m here now, with friends I know I can turn to when life is upside down.
    Chris I hope your have a wonderful birthday, you certainly deserve loving memories and positively in your life.
    Peace and God Bless
    Vanessa
  • I love you gals! (Smutty sense of humor, little ol me? )

Thank you for the birthday wishes!
    Christy- How are you girl? I read about everyone else but you!
    Vanessa- What can we say? Welcome home sweetie
    CJ- I feel blessed to have met you.

Chris
  • Chris, honey, you are one of the most giving people I've ever met. I can only imagine what a blessing it would be to know you in real life. (Although this board is as real life as it can be, for sure.) Did you get to see some nekid men in 3-D last night? I hope you had fun!

What's new with me...let's see, Matt went to bed early last night, and then woke at 3:30 am, so that sucked. I've really been dragging today. But I'm doing fine. Got some turkey chili on the stove for supper, went mall walking with the kids, didn't buy anything (Fall clothes are so tempting, but it'd be two months before I could wear them anyway.)

Vanessa - hope you stick around. Even though we all have slightly different issues, we're all full of compassion for each other. You can lay it all out here.
  • Tracy- No naked men Tracy unless you count my husband, and I will send you all the pictures later. JK! I wouldn't be that cruel.

I think there is some kind of nasty virus going around, I felt drained yesterday and just kept falling asleep. I have so much to do today my baby is turning 13 Invitations to my party need to be completed, running to the store, balancing my checkbook and

I just hope you gals know how much I love and appreciate you all. Here I find the love and support I need.
    Chris