Hello, I'm back!

• Well, hello people!

I'm back from a totally totally wonderful vacation in Uganda (small country in East Africa...next-door to Kenya). Highlights included deserted beaches and beautiful lakes, hanging out with the monkeys in the forest, a boat safari (hippos, crocs and elephants), spectacular mountain scenery and many days and nights laughing and hanging out with my friends/family.

I also enjoyed a lot of very good food, and am proud that I had the courage to jump on that scale this morning, to find I only gained a couple of pounds. I'm right back on my eating plan, and will start exercising again this week, so I'm hoping to see that small gain off pretty quickly!

I start a new job tomorrow......and I am totally determined not to let a major lifestyle change undo all the good work I've done over the past months......so my fridge is full of healthy food, and I'm figuring out how to fit my gym/swim sessions into my new schedule.....

Congrats to all of you doing so well on the weightloss journey, and a big welcome to the many new faces!
  • Welcome back claire! We've missed you!! Congratulations on your courage to weigh in and a not so bad result!! I can't wait to hear all about your experience there... hey what good food did you get to eat?? lol

It's great to have you back!!
  • Claire's back! Claire's back! It's great to see you back -- and WONDERFUL to hear that you had a great time in Uganda. Great job on not getting off track, and I'll be looking forward to hearing good news of your next loss! So, did you dance a lot??
  • Welcome back Claire! So happy to see you! Im sooo glad you had a great vacation in Uganda. You deserved it! Don't worry about the 2 lb. gain... it'll come off in no time and we all deserve a great holiday now and then!
  • Welcome back! What a fun vacation! I'm glad you had a blast.
  • Yay!! Glad you're back... sounds like a GREAT trip!
  • CLAIRE"S BACK!!! YAY!!!!Im so glad your back all safe and sound! You did amazing by only gaining 2 lbs! Good luck at you new job today! Tell us all about it later!
  • Hi guys

Thanks so much for your welcomes!

Gretchen - hmm....what food did I eat??? Well some of my favourites were: African tea (tea, water, ginger, milk all boiled together in the kettle....); roast pork (spiced and grilled); fresh, just out of the lake, fish....roasted, fried, in soup etc; goat (spiced and grilled); pineapple, jackfruit, pawpaw, sweet bananas; groundnuts, and groundnut sauce......all of it tastes wonderful because its basically fresh out of the ground, and fresh from the lake/farm whatever.....

Sarah - yup, I did some serious, serious dancing.......to lots of local music....and I learned a few new moves, too!

I am missing my family/friends over there SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much; its always difficult the first few days back here......but I've decided to aim to lose another 30 pounds, by the time I go back at Christmas.......
  • Claire, I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that you will achieve that goal!! I'm so glad to have you back, and please take me at my word when I say that whatever you need, IF ever you need, WHENever you need ANYTHING, I'm here for you. I wish you every success, and know you have it in you to do anything you set your mind to.