Whole Wheat Flour ??'s

• When you go to buy your Whole Wheat Flour, you are looking for the ingredients to say: 100% Whole Wheat, correct?? I am entering day 10 and as phase 2 approaches I want to have a good understanding of what I can and cannot have. I bought King Arthur brand ww and the ingredients say 100% whole wheat from the wheat berry. I know that this is probably a stupid question, but that is okay, right? I also wanted to know, maybe Ruth would know, are condensed soups out of the diet totally? I know that they are thickened with a cornstarch. I am trying to learn how to read labels, thanks!
    Mindy
  • Yes, that's the right kind of flour.
    The GFGC Guide says that cream soups are OK as long as they are thinned with water, not milk, but I disagree on this one. Use part of your dairy allowance and you should be fine.
    Check out the recipe section for yummy homemade soups where YOU control the ingredients.
  • THX Ruth, I thought for sure if anyone could answer my question it would be you! I have alot of great recipes that call for cream soups. I looked in the GFGC Guide, and I thought that the indication was that it had to be made with water. I am glad that you cleared that up.
    I have been so good on phase 1, not a single cheat so I am hoping that I can have some of the foods I love, but SBD modified, when I hit phase 2. Only 3 more days to go-Woohoo!!
    Mindy
  • Congratulations on making it nearly to the end of Phase I.

Dr A. revised the dairy allowance after he published the GFGC Guide. Annoying man!