Pass the sunscreen, can I join you on the beach?

• Good afternoon ladies!!

My name is Jen and I am the mom of twins. My little man and princess are 17mo. I currently work part-time as a healthcare consultant. I started SBD in January and had lots of initial success. But I have been in a rut for about 2 months now. Not gaining, but not moving towards my goal either.

I am looking for some inspiration to jumpstart my loss again. Right now, I would like to see the 170s. I know I *should* lose more than that, but one step at a time.

I have done WW in the past (went from HW of 231 down to *exactly* where I am now...) but stopped when I finally got PG with my little and . They turned one and I looked in the mirror and said something had to change.

So here I am, sand in my shorts...ready to settle in on the beach.
  • Welcome Jen! The Beach is a great place to be!
  • Welcome. Wishing you the best of successes.
  • Jump right on in and join us!!
  • Welcome Jen! My daughter is 17 months now too! It's nice to see another toddler-mommy.
  • Welcome, Jen, and here's the SPF30. Geez, I hate it when I get sand in my shorts!
    Aside from that, you'll like it here.
  • Glad you're here Jen - We live in Livonia, but commute to Ann Arbor daily, it seems.

Sue
    278/274/160
    SW/CW/GW
  • Glad you're joining us, Jen! I started on SBD in Jan, too, and like you, I was losing at a fast pace at first, then I hit a plateau that seemed to last forever. Now I'm losing about 1 or 2 lbs a week, so HANG IN THERE! Add something new to your diet to confuse your body for a day or two - that really helped me.
  • Welcome to the Beach Jen!!!
  • Hi
    If you have sand in your shorts this is the place to be to get your shorts kicked! These people are the best!
  • Welcome, Jen!

My sisters are identical twins, and boy did they give my mom a run for her money! I know you are getting lots of exercise with those two! Have you joined Mothers of Twins? My whole family had a blast growing up with that group!

I just got out of a plateau myself, but it happened on its own and was only two weeks long...I can't imagine two months! Can you post a sample of your daily meal plan so we can look it over and try to help? Do you drink a lot of water? Do you exercise? Are your clothes fitting any better? Are you measuring or is a cheat sneaking in there? (I am horrible about measuring and know that I need to!)

We'll do all we can to help. Looking forward to getting to know you and your cuties!
  • Hi Jen

good luck on the beach.
  • Welcome, Jen!!