LAWL & Friends #80

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Welcome to LAWL & Friends. A thread devoted to those on LA Weight Loss and Friends.

Jenni - Thanks for the motivation and keeping everyone on track. I have some shakes, but I have not been told they are meal replacement. I use them for as LA Lites. But maybe meal replacement means one of the 5 meals a day.

Beachlover - I do a bar and shake/soup a day and it has lowered the calories a bit. I haven't seen much of a change yet. I do like the bars, but they are a little too sweet for me 2 times a day.

Diane - You have to do what is right for you. Think about your accomplishment and don't look back.

Sy - Good to have you back from vacation. Did you try to go to LA on vacation? You are doing a great job. I am glad that you found some great restuarants. We are going to Maine in August. I hope I will make good choices.

No weight changes for me. They have changed me back from gold to red, since I am working out so much. Actually haven't made one today though. I was so hungry and they said that I shouldn't feel hungry. I started taking a Carb Smart vitamin, but I haven't noticed anything different yet. Probably a lot like their supplements. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • Falling off the wagon article on main page...
    Don't know if anyone has read this, but if your looking for motivation - reading this may help you out if you have fallen off the wagon... I don't think the below is an active link, so you will have to cut and paste it into your IE Address window to read.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42463

I'm going to the center on my way home from work, I'll do more posting later. ~Sy~
  • Hi Ladies:
    Thanks for all your support and motivation.
    Jenni I used to work for Jenny Craig for about two years, I loved the clients, hated the business part. I know how you feel I was down to a six and it wasn't enough.
    Just to let you all know I have a big problem with binging, I let it become a habit again and the more I try sticking to LAWL the more I would binge. So for know I am just taking things a day a time and working to stop this habit.
    I am feeling more motivated that I have in a long time.
    Sy welcome back, I go on vacation in August.
    Mel there are two different shakes one thats a lite and one that is a meal replacement that is already made for you. I don't use the meal replacement, they tasted fine but I did not feel satisyed with them.
    I think the carb craver is for all the different plans I have both plans, the one thats for the gold etc. and the purple and red plans.
    Have a great day
    Diane
  • Hey, this is great news
    Well, back from vacation - went to the center on the way home from work and I'm down .2 lbs. Doesn't sound like much, but it is HUGE to me. I guess I did make some good choices while on vacation!

Mel, where is that Lobster Fest your going to in Maine in August? Is it in Bar Harbor? My mouth is watering for lobster. My husband and I have traveled to Cape Cod for a long weekend just to get fresh lobster. Nothing beats cold water lobster!

Diane, I feel bad that I don't know what to say about bingeing. I do have a problem with ice cream and but that is not the only thing that has got me to where I am (or I wouldn't need to go to LA). Man, I have never done it - but I think I could seriously eat an entire 1/2 gallon of ice-cream myself (that is the reason why I don't buy it to have on-hand). If it's not there, I can't eat it. I'm sure you have tried several of the tricks - sounds like your know all about dieting. I try not to buy my trigger foods? Stay away from the people who make you lose control (if your an emotional eatter). Go for a walk, drink some water. Wish I had some profound words of wisdom for you.

Di, where are you going on vacation in August? I don't think we are going to get a summer here in Syracuse, NY this year. It's cold and when it's nice out it's during the week and crappy on the weekends. Help - I need to get away from Central NY.

Hi everyone else. How are the Candian's doing? Are you getting warm weather.

I know that Tex has probably had her share of the warmer weather. Please get everyone in your city to give a big blow toward the Northeast. We need some warmth before our summer is over.

Have a great evening everyone. Diane, just take one day at a time.

~Sy~
  • Just to let you know our Canadian weather is lousy too! However I am going on vacation in August to North Carolina ( I have a daughter and son-in-law there). We are going to Carolina Beach for a few days and then to Raleigh so that will be my summer. I weighed in today and was down .6. I'm happy with that especially after the weekend. Sy to come back from vacation with a LOSS is fantastic!!
    Beachlover
  • Beach, I'm sorry to hear that your weather is as bad as ours. Congrats at being down another .6! Carolina Beach and Raleigh, NC will be as expected I'm sure, WARM and SUNNY - as "our" summers should be. Man, it's almost 4th of July - we are expected to get warmer weather coming from the Southwest for the next 2-3 days (if you call 80 warm) and it's suppose to rain on Sat and Sun - this is our long weekend celebrating Independence Day, fireworks and parades will be washed out. Tex - please get on the blowing mission for us NorEasters. Have a great day everyone, I'll be checking later for updates. ~Sy~
    P.S. Beach, sorry for misspelling Canadian in my message above.
  • Sy:
    We are going to Bethany Beach in Deleware, its a ride, but we go straight down the Garden State and then take the ferry across. We have a weekend house in West Laurens Ny, I wanted to go there for the 4th but if the weather is not nice up there I don't want to go.
    Come August both of you are going to be complaining its to hot, hopefully anyway.
    Diane
  • Diane, I sure hope that I'm complaining about the heat soon! Thanks for the thought. I have never been to a beach in Delaware - hope you have a great time and nice weather. I found West Laurens, NY on the map so I know about where that is - over an hours drive from Syracuse, but I can't find Ossininy, NY - I'm assuming it's down state someplace? How has the weather been where your from? I swear - we would have great weather if we were not located southeast of those Great Lakes. Those huge lakes just seem to suck in all the moisture there is and then it dumps on CNY. Last summer we had the similar weather - nicer during the week and each weekend it rained. It can still turn around - hopefully it will soon. Okay - I know that I should have been born in the South, who knew at that age? Have a great evening all.
    ~Sy~
  • Hi Ladies,
    Just checking in. I actually had a big long reply typed up yesterday, but lost it. Maybe this one will be smaller...
    Have you all made game plans for the 4th. I'm going to a BBQ and I'm beginning the planning now. I have to bring some stuff, so I'm gonna bring marinated chicken breasts and fruit, both of which I can have OP. I might have a lite beer or 2 too....
    The weather's been pretty warm here...in the upper 70's and low 80's...am I the only one in the western US???
    In 1 1/2 week's I'll be going on a road trip/vacation to Montana and South Dakota. My brother lives in Montana and I've just never been to South Dakota. I'm going to go and see Mt. Rushmore. I'll be putting my program on hold for 2 weeks. Not that I'm going off of plan, but I won't be making my regular visits. I might as well save those week's for later. Hopefully I won't gain on vacation, if I come back the same weight as when I leave, I'll be happy.
    How's everyone else doing??? Any more losses??

Jenni
    Down another pound.
  • Good Afternoon All, I weighed in today and was up .2 from Monday. However I did have a piece of lasagna last night. So today I am using the liquid meal replacements for lunch and dinner. Just came back from an hour's walk too. And guess what? The weather is nice today but not expected to be for tomorrow and it's our Canada Day (like your 4th.) Oh well holidays will be soon. Have a great day!
    Beachlover
  • I will have to send some of our weather over your way. It has been beautiful. I hope it will stay like this for the weekend. I got a new bike last week and I have been riding everyday. I have a trailer for my son and that is a real workout.

I weighed in today and I am 1 down. The last couple of days I have felt satisfied with my food, not stuffed. So maybe I wasn't getting enough food in.

My center said that they might want to put my on the juice thing for a couple of days next week. I will see how I feel. Did someone say they had the recipe.

Hello to all. Have a great week.
  • Hi Ladies:
    Sy Ossining is about maybe 4 hours from you if you are an hour from west laurens it takes us about 3 hours to get there. Ossining if right along the Hudson river, Its about 20 minutes north of White Plains.
    Jenni it seem like here when the weather starts getting warmer the humidity comes with it, my hair cant stand the humid days.
    Beach Happy Canada Day! What is Canada day about?
    Mel have fun bike riding you should live closer my bike sits in the garage, I am not one for bike riding alone. Mel you can also use the hollywood juice thats much cheaper than at LAWL I usually find it a walmart.
    Well I did not go to the center this week but I did make it through the week with out any binging I am feeling better with each day that passes.
    Diane
  • Good morning ladies! Hey Jenni - you may be the only one that posts from the Western part of the US - but I'm sure more there are more readers that just don't post. Have a great vacation - does it get warm in those states? Just kidding! LOL.

Meltin, I'm sure your weather is great and I'm jealous. I love it hot and sunny and I'll even take it if it's humid. After getting 200 inches of snow this past winter, I could care less what the due point was - as long as it's warm!

Diane - congrats on having a successful week! You should be ever proud. Not going the center sometimes is better if it makes you more stressed. I can't say I binged last night, but I did not stay on the program. I had 1/2 c of 1% cottage cheese for lunch yesterday and I was hungry the rest of the day. It's just not enough for me. Went grocery shopping and I don't usually do this, but purchased some Fat Free Sour Cream flavored Pringles and ate 1/2 the container. Probably about 3/4 servings. Then, before I went to bed - I was still hungry - got into the blueberries. I guess I made okay choices - but yesterday is over with and I'm back OP today. Brought some chicken for lunch which is more filling for me. Di, thanks for the info of where your from - I thought you may be downstate someplace. I have heard people say that Binghamton is upstate - but I believe that is normally people who are from NYC - guess anthing north of the city is upstate. If I want to get technical, I actually like in Central NY.

Congrats to everyone who loss this week! I go to the center on my way home today. After yesterday, if I stay the same I'll be semi-happy.

I'm sure the boards will be slow this weekend. I'm staying around home and going to a BBQ on Sunday, the 4th. What's are your plans (if you haven't left yet).

Have a great day!

Happy Belated Canada Day to you Beach. I heard that it's very similar to our 4th of July and that Canada celebrated it's 137th year of being a country yesterday. Also heard on the radio that there is some street event in Kingston on Monday, I'm trying to talk my husband into going - and we would if we (both countries) were not celebrating a National Holiday - the bridge(s) between you and me will be backed up for miles and hours this weekend. DH doesn't want to deal with that.
  • Meltin, I'm passing this recipe along to you. Man, after you read the ingredents you will go to the Center and purchase their product. The only thing that I would have on-hand is the green tea and the Sweet N Low. LOL

Found the recipe for the TakeOff Juice, I have a .PFD file - but the file it too big to attach and it's password protected so I can't change the security settings so I cannot cut and paste :

1 cup Papaya Juice
    1 banana
    1/2 cup Green Tea, strongly brewed
    1 scoop Soy Protien Powder with Spirulina
    1/2 cup Blueberries (can be frozen)
    1/4 cup Carrot Juice
    1/4 cup Apricot Juice
    1/2 cup Non Fat Plain Yogurt
    1 packet of Sweet n Low

Blend all of the above ingredients together until smooth. Serve over ice. Recipe Yields 2 cups.
  • Sy - Thanks for typing up the recipe for me. You are right, it might be better to buy from LA. Someone posted that the Hollywood Juice is the same stuff.
    I wonder if it can be freezed. Anyway, LA would probably frown on me if I told them I would be making it.
    You have done so great with the program on vacation and all. I don't think the ff pringles will show up. Make sure to down with some water.

I am not going to weigh in today. I was down on Tuesday .1, but I weighed in the am. If I go this afternoon I will probably have a gain because it is later. I am not ready to see that today.

I hope everyone has a good fourth. We have a couple of parties and we are going out on the boat.