How do you keep from cheating?

• I am embarking on my first weekend on the SBD. The temptation to cheat is going to be greater for me on the weekend... any suggestions on how keep from cheating?

thanks,
    lisa z.
  • Lisa-

Stock up on veggies. If you feel the need to cheat, reach for them or any of the "treats" Dr. A suggests like Jello and the like. That peanut butter cup recipe works wonders!
  • Have really big meals to full you up and sip on a water bottle between meals so that you are not tempted to snack. Also get busy. If you are kicking around home with nothing to do it is much more tempting to snack. Exercise is a good way to keep busy.
  • Besides making sure I eat my snacks on time, whenever I feel like cheating I first make myself drink a big glass of ice cold water and then gargle with mint mouthwash. The mint mouthwash keeps you from eating for a bit because it ruins the taste of anything you put in your mouth for at least a half hour.

After the mint taste is gone, I re-assess whether I really want to eat or not. Usually I can talk myself out of it since the water hydrates me. I think the mouthwash trick gives the water time to work.

Of course it's not failproof, but it is a little trick that works for me!