Daily Chat, Week of June 5th to 11th; stop in and say hi!

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • : Saturday, ahhh...

have a cup of coffee and set a while!
  • Well, the week is done, one pound of my 2 pound memorial Day fiasco is gone, and I'm back on track. My goal for today is not to be so sedentary...the diet will be easier today, but I spend the week SITTING: at the desk, in the car, on the computer, on the couch. Today I want to do a ton of small chores, and the plan is to just keep MOVING!

Having this place to come to is really such a help for me. I find I do better NOT discussing diet with family or friends, at least in the obsessive detail I want. I like posting a menu plan as it helps me see gaps and problems in advance. the weekend is usually OK, but boy, the workdays are really hard! My DS only works part time 1 and 1/2 days a week, so she is free to spend her mornings in a gym, or taking walks with her neighbor, or grocery shopping and cooking. I am doing my grocery shopping at night, tired, and grouchy! I like to get it over with and not have to go back too often!

Enough whining! But coming here is a help, just to keep me focused! DH is supportive, but thin as a rail, and just doesn't always get it.

Anyhow, today will be a good day, activity-wise, and food-wise.

b-bacon and eggs
    l-burger
    s-?
    d-maybe chili

Ooops, DH is up and wants breakfast. I'll be back later to see who else is around!
    have a good one,
    dottie
  • Good morning, Dottie, and HI!

It's misty here this morning but promises to be a good day. I'd love to spend it in the garden but have too darn many house things to do this morning. It's great having Sarah as a garden helper. Now I need a housekeeper.

We go to a surprise housewarming this afternoon. I bought an adorable cast stone hedgehog as a gift but have fallen in love with him so need to get another gift this morning. He looks so at home on my side step!

Sarah and I got lots done yesterday in the garden - more to do but I'm not in my usual OMG June panic! Last year we were barely tilled at this time. Hiring her was one of the best ideas I ever had for stress relief! She is even learning to recognize weeds! (Harry never did!) Sunday afternoon she comes back and will do a project on her own - planting 15 smallish hostas along the lane - while I do something else that does not involve digging.

A whole list of other stuff to do this morning including eliminating the foothills of Mount Laundry!
  • Good Morning Dottie and Ruth.......... good to see you! Today promises to be kind of gray and chilly here, but I won't complain. All day yesterday I thought I was having an allergy attack, but by now I think I am "coming down with "something"" and feel ucky... so it will most likely be a day of lying on my back and/or sitting on my butt - I don't even know if I can concentrate on reading a good book!

Dottie, a quick question for you - I always forget to ask: how do you make chili LC? or, do you just not count the carbs because the beans have so much protein? I LOVE a WW vegetarian chili (by making it vegetarian, I was able to use cheese, too!) that I used to make, but stopped doing it when I started LC. Instead of meat, I used bulgar (which of course is a grain)... but boy oh boy...... is this ever delicious and a huge hit whenever I made it!

Ruth, isn't it amazing that when we finally break down and get ourselves some help we discover how wonderful it is and wonder why we didn't do it long long ago??? What's that old saying : too soon old, too late smart? Well, they're right about the smart part, for sure!! (after all, who's old???)

to everyone, Linda, L, Kel, Sue and everyone else whose names have temporarily been replaced in my brain by fog! Have a good weekend.........I'll try to ttyl later.....
  • Sono, I used to make vegetarian chili with bulgar also- i think from the Moosewood cookbook, an old staple from those days. Now I just go very heavy on the ground meat and veggies(peppers and onions) and light on the beans. DH likes ground turkey and black bean chili (I make it sort of mole style, with some cinnamon and unsweetened chocolate grated into it, just a little bit). regular beef I make with kidney beans, and just eat a few beans...I don't worry too much about the carbs, can't be eating more than 1/4 c., probably less. I guess not good for a true induction, but I figure it can't cause much of an insulin spike...

Of course, melted cheddar or jack cheese on the top is nice, as is sour cream!

did you ever do an Italian sauce with a lot of ground beef and just eat it out of a bowl? I find that very satisfying too. You can melt mozzarella or provolone over it in the microwave or have some romano on it... or do that with sausages...

I'm getting hungry!

feel better...have some tea and a nap. It's a good day to stay in and read- damp and cold out!

ttyl,
    dottie
  • Morning,
    Yesterday was my best friend's Bat Mitzvah. She never had one and wanted to do it before her 40th birthday. It was long but she did a great job.

Then down to my friends to put a new hard drive on my computer. Office takes up so much space as does the 2 auction programs, i tunes and so I had no room left for pictures which is my passion. NOW i do. Then we set up a computer for a friend, had dinner and I came home to another nasty e mail form the auction woman asking again if I could print out the tax forms for the 3rd time. I sent and e mail back telling her they have been waiting for her where she asked me to leave them since tuesday....another e mail form her this morninng telling me I should have told them that they were she asked me to leave them. i should have told her because she needed them this weekend. I replied with: I wonder if you have the words thankyou in your vocabulary. I am shut down, anything else will wait until fall. Had more than enough from this woman. (thanks for letting me complain again). I was so pevved about her behind the back trip to the administration to pitch her program for next year as it is. What she doesent know is that I won't run it. I will put a copy of the auction program on her computer and she can do it herself. Maybe then she will understand I don't work for her. But I doubt it.

Not much on tap today, laundry for sure....last full day of school tomorrow, field day on Tuesday and then we are off for the summer!

Happy gardening to all....
    -L
  • L, I'm not sure I understand all that stuff about the auction woman. Clearly, I've missed some past posts on this topic. Anyhow, I hope you put her in her place. Sounds like a miserable wretch to me.
    Not much new here. Another rainy day. I just vacuumed and spot cleaned some carpets so that's enough exercise for one day.
    Off to do some sewing. Once the latest sewing project (grandbaby's christening outfit) is finished, I have to do some extreme cleaning and clearing out of that room. Where is the team from "Neat" when you need them?
  • Oh Linda maybe it has been myself I have been ranting to
    Sufice to say,she thinks I am her auction slave and has treated me like crap....today's e mail was the last straw...

Take a picture of the outfit when you are done, I admire those who sew...
    -L
  • Sunday afternoon:

got up and out of the house early for a 10:30 matinee of Harry Potter with DS, BIL, DN and 2 little friends of her's...our local 12 plex was playing it every half hour starting at 10 AM! But it wasn't crowded, and it was fun. And I got home in time to have part of the day left for grocery shopping and cooking for the week. i loved the movie; but I like the earlier ones which have a different director, they were more light and wonderously magical, this one has a more intense, emotional feel. It was scary and dark, but great effects.

food only half bad...eating light, some popcorn, a half a bagel, a yogurt. But salmon and green beans last night for dinner, and chicken wings and a big salad tonight.

Hi L, you've done enough for one year...it's nice to have the summer away from all that and just do what you and the kids want!
    Linda, you do the things I THINK of doing...spot cleaning the rug. I look at the rug and walk by thinking, I'm going to have to get the Resolve and spray those...then never do it!

Off to put some wash in the dryer, and get the supper started. Have a good night, and see you all tomorrow~

dottie
  • Hi! Quick one as I need to go finish putting together dinner.

Stinking hot here the last few days. And I had a bunch of outside stuff to do: baseball watching on Saturday then gardening, watering, clean-up. But, oh!, you would be sooo proud of me! I talked Melissa into walking in the evening with me! We did our first last evening and it was great! So I'm looking forward to that leading to a heathlier way of eating too! (but shhhhh! we don't want to be using the 'D' word or the 'E' word)

L - that lady is one rude woman. Its funny how people can treat vol. help like slaves. I mean, you don't HAVE to be doing ANY of the stuff you are doing. What nerve.

Hugs and good vibes to everyone else - gotta run so can't comment but know that I read here daily and think about you all often, my LC family.

Kel
  • quick good morning. Last full day of school, 1/2 day tomorrw,. It is my best friend's 40th. I am at he beck and call today, I have no idea what she wants to do.

Gotta get the kids up, and hope I can avoid auction woman for the next 2 days.....
    -L
  • quick hi from me, too. L, can't believe the school year is over. Have a great girl's day, that sounds like fun!

Just putting some lunch together and then headed for the road. supposed to be warm here this week, DH will have to put the air conditioners in tonight...I don't remember putting them in this late before, I think we usually do it in May, but it's been a cool and rainy spring. I cooked marinated turkey tenderloins for lunches this week- they were cheaper than chicken breast($3.89 lb, #3.49 for the turkey) and they are great. Still kind of expensive, but it's all meat, seasoned, and it was so easy! Even at that price, it's cheaper than us both buying lunch in the cafeteria, and much tastier and healthier.

That's it...I'll probably stop in again later from work...have a good one!
    dottie
  • Hello everyone thought I'd join in sounds like a nice chat spot! I read the quote about that woman who was't so friendly what goes around comes around. I was out of work for some surgery in the past few months. When I returned to work it was like I was an outsider and it took 3 months to fit back in to a some what comfortable working environment. I was ready at one point to look for a new job. Then I got bit of back bone and we had a meeting and I let everyone have it and said I am going no where I am good at what I do, like it, and have no intentions in changing and if things continue I will go to Human Resource Director. Well after that meeting it took a while but things on the surface have gotten better. Certain folks I would of considered my friends in the past I still don't trust and never will be the same again but I am okay with them and friendly but not in the same way as before. As the old saying goes my wounds are still open. My one girl friend and I have been great support for each other keep our noses clean at work and don't say any opinions about others etc. Out of work we share info. and support each other but at work stay cool and act as nothing bothers us does do our jobs. But sometimes we need to vent. This past week one of the click girls who was not being so nice in the past was put outside her normal click and they weren't treating her so nicely. She said to me I don't know why they are treating me this way? It was nice to beable to let some of my feelings out and say oh now you know how I FELT for 2 months of asking did I do something to offend someone and if so please let me know? Oh they were pretty rude let me tell you. Folks don't know what its like usless they are the outsider. I may of played in that click role in the past a few times siding in with others not anymore I know not too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So for those others out there like that woman who was rude with the auction she will have a day in her future where she may be on the recieving end and its not so nice! I can't wait to see how it plays out today with a small office its tough and when woman from the ages 24 to 62 act like they are in Jr. High its even worse. Have a super day and thanks for letting me vent . Sorry its so long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Skyfirefly
  • Hi Y'All
  • Happy Moanday everyone........ just a quick here as I am on my way out the door to the eye doc for a quick laser procedure on my eye - better be quick, I have to work this afternoon! (sure hope I can see - after all, what good is a sono tech who can't see? - fortunately I am still training someone so she will do the actual work
    Will check back tonight.........
    one thought: L - ignore any and all e-mails from the auction witch!
    have a good day chickies.........