LAWL & Friends #79

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to
  • Welcome to a thread devoted to LA Weight Loss and Friends.
  • I made myself weigh in today and I am up 1.4, not bad considering being off plan for 5 days. But awful to think I have been doing this a month, and am only down .6 I am so burn out and I am losing so slowly. I feel like I am on program 90% of the time, I guess that 10% is killing me (you know what I mean).

I hope everyone had a good holiday weekend. Nothing much going on this weekend, so hopefully I will not have any big temp to eat. I picked up the lemon bars today and they are really good. Anyone try the berry one.
  • Hi everyone...
    We to the center yesterday, down another pound - even after going to Alex Bay for the weekend, having a couple drinks and eatting in restaurants. I can't believe it!!!! Guess I did pretty good at the choices I made over the weekend. You would have laughed if you saw the women that reviewed my journal. She said something like, Oh, Heluva Good Onion Dip - you used that as your dairy that day (that's good). Yes, I said and the Fat Free Pringles for my starch! She said that at least I got the basics in. I skipped the LA Lites for the weekend so the extra things I eat/drank must have balanced out.

Wanted to share this, cause I was never shown a list for alcohol before. If you wanted to have a 3 oz glass of wine (don't know who can only drink 3 ozs), red or white you would count this for a fruit, and if you wanted a Light Beer or shot of alcohol - you count it as a starch. If you wanted a regular beer - you count this as a fruit and starch. She had a copy of this in her drawer - but didn't offer to give me a copy. Wonder what else we can have a subsitutes? Anyone know of any?

Meltin, thanks for starting the new thread - you can be our new webmaster!

~sy~
  • Sorry for the typing errors. First sentence should start Went to the center... there is another 1 or 2... Hope you can make sense of it! I'll have to pay better attention next time... Sy
  • Debbi, just read your last post on #78. Why would we kick you out? We all are here to lose weight - if what your doing it working for you - you go girl! I'm going to try your crockpot chicken receipe as soon as I get a new crockpot. The one I have is about 20+ years old - don't use that often but dont' trust leaving it all day. Thanks for the tip. You can send some of your warm weather up here to the Northeast. We need it, it's June and in the low 60's this week, burrr. Of course, if you sent the heat - you have to send the sun with it. We haven't seen much of that either... I hope to enjoy both when I travel to SC in 8 days...
  • Sy - Congrats on the loss. I am going to talk to my center about the LA Lites two times a day. I think they might be halting my weight loss. Besides my bad weekend. I should be losing more in a months time. When you look at the info on the bars they are very high in sugar. I do not think my body is use to that. I have almost weaned my baby, so I will have more of the lites to choose from. I am just afraid if I tell them I have weaned, they will try to sell me more products and the pills. I don't want to take any pills as much as I want to lose this week.
    But on the other had, I am ready for them to be more aggressive with me as far as the weight loss. They have been reluctant to offer much advice while nursing.

On the wine, I think they only tell you the deviations once you have already done it. They said that I could have suishi, and use it as 1 starch, 1 v, 1 p as long as I did not use the ones with avocadoes.

Ready to start a new day. I had a boiled egg and milk for breakfast. I think I will try some strawberries for a snack.
  • tried to post a reply earlier and couldn't.
  • ok I see that it is now posting. Debbi whatever works for you re: weight loss is fine with me. We all need to find our own solutions. A ww leader once told me,"The greatest insanity in the world is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results." So now I am doing things differently!
  • Hi All,
    Congrats Sy on the loss!!! I weighed in last night and was down 1.8 pounds. A bit dissappointed that it wasn't 2. Maybe by Friday. I've been following plan and excercising. I've actually lost close to 10 pounds in 2 weeks, so I shouldn't complain.
    Thanks for starting the new thread Meltin. I would definately talk to the center about your plan....something just doesn't seem right. Are you on higher calories because you're breast feeding? If so, that's probably the problem.
    My attitude is slowly improving, but not quite. I'm still a little pissy about the whole thing. I came to the realization the other night that skinny people don't eat whatever they want whenever they want. I've been doing that...especially since I quit smoking last year. Most people who are thin watch what they eat....it's as simple as that. I need to watch what I eat.
    I don't really like the counseler that I've seen the last couple of times I've gone to the center. I could say something, but I don't want to be petty. She's just not very motivating at all. I have to ask her "so how much is that now?" Otherwise she wouldn't tell me....
    How's everyone else doing?

Jenni
  • Jenni, 10 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome. Don't get discouraged. I think your frustrated because you lost 8 lbs in the first week, I was. I expect to see great results each time I go. Your going in the right direction! I agree with you that thin people are not thin because they eat what they want. I was an a golfing weekend last fall and 2 thin ladies were talking. We were talking about weight, and they both said that they didn't and couldn't eat much - they had to cut back on things so they could stay the way they were. That made me realize as well that "thin people are not thin because they can eat what they want, it's because they decided to watch what they eat to stay where they are now. We just have to change the way we think! We have to eat to live - not live to eat.

Wonder where Diane has been?

Hi Meltin, it could be the plan your on - and believe me - I feel your pain. That is how I felt last year when I thought I was watching what I ate. Discovered with LA that I actually needed to eat less to lose. I'm on the Gold Plan, and some days are hard - but it's working when nothing else has worked in the past few years... I haven't read old posts, so forgot what color plan your on. Maybe after your done nursing you won't be as hungry and can choose an alternate plan? Ask the center how many calories the plan your on totals. That should tell you if it's low enough to lose weight. Personally, I look forward to the LA Lites each day. But, if I was going to eat something off plan I would skip the LA Lite that day, they are about 170-190 calories each.

Beach, I have had problems posting in the past. Just keep trying like you did. I also agree that if you keep doing what you've always done - how can we expect to see any results! You have a successful attitude!

We all are going to make it to our goals - I can feel it! WW says to try chanting. Look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself something positive that you will do that day - something that you can keep repeating in your head. Something that will assist you that day to stay OP.

Jenni, when I started at my center - the ladies were horrible. I complained to my sister who goes to a different center. She told her center what I had to say and within a day or two the regional manager was there with a group of new people - I think they were gathering information from clients. Well, when I saw the new people I complimented them, stating "it's the first time I saw anyone smile in the place". Since then, they have moved people around - seems like my center has a new person just about every week. I'm glad it worked out this way. By the way, if there is someone you would rather see, and they are working the same time your in, you can request to see that person. My sisters use to love this guy Mike - they requested him and loved him. He is now a manager at another center about 50 miles from here. Please - do something so you don't get discouraged. Your not being petty - and it's not like we are going to the center for free. We pay good money, including the LA Lites - so let them do some work for you! Ask questions, make them tell you how much you have lost. I did that yesterday and it ended up being a nice visit.

Have a great evening, I better stop before meltin has to start another new thread because of me.
  • Yea! I can stay
    Thanks for being so open minded about the plan I am doing. Like you said...whatever works...You seem to be a great bunch of people and I need the motivation that is for sure. I've been traveling each day this week and in West Texas towns are about 50 to 100 miles apart and that is a long way when you need to pee and trying to drink 100 oz is quite a challenge. But I'm telling you that water is the key. When I ever get down low enough I will start walking again but my 2 bad knees keep me from doing that. Tonight I had broccoli, rice and my chicken recipe and was so full and satisfied I might add. I love the LA Lites too and some days I do them and the days that I don't I do a fruit and 2oz of protein for my snack. Have y'all seen the Magic Bullet infomercial? Its a chopper, blender and juicer all in one. Well a lot of the 6wbmo people got them including me and it makes life easier and the book that comes with it has some great recipes and there is a whole thread dedicated to it over on the 6wbmo website the forums are quite interesting over there. Very inspirational stories. I could send hot weather your way but along with that comes all the big storms we've been having every evening and night. I love the thunder and storms as long as they don't destroy anything. I'm watching the Hockey Finals and I sure hope Calgary wins!!!!
  • I couldn't get my last message to post and then I saw that it said I couldn't post the link to the provida site Also, wanted to say something about what you said about if you keep doing the same thing over and over with the same results....that reminded me of a book I just read called "Fat *** No More" and that's exactly what this girl said about her life of dieting and dieting and never losing and keeping it off so she finally stopped and ate whatever she wanted in smaller portions and then finally began eating very small breakfasts and suppers and ate a larger lunch (not huge) but whatever she wanted and even though it was slow going she finally lost all the weight she needed to lose and has kept it off for several years so far. I'm too old though to take that long or I would get discouraged to easy....but it is true about needing to change things up when one thing doesn't seem to be working.
  • Hi yall!!!
    I've been reading this board for a while now and thought I would finally post. I went for my weigh in today and was down 1.5 pounds!!! (I got off-track for a week or so) I'm fairly new to LA Weightloss. Does anyone have any really good and easy recipies. It's difficult for me to get in all of the vegetables!!

Thanks,
    Jackie
  • I weighed in today and am down .2 from Tuesday, but not down from last week. I am going to stop nursing completely tomorrow morning. JW is 9 months and he is less interested anyway. It has been about him for the last 18 months, so now I am going to lose this weight. Of course, with that they took me from the red to gold plan. I can take the shakes and soups, which is good since they are less calories than the bar. I have a new attitude and I am ready to be on program this time. I think the last month was a little too early for me to come back. I was still adjusting to motherhood.

Sy - I enjoy the bars, just not 2 times a day. I think this new variation will be good for me. I like the soups and the shakes are great for breakfast as I am always in a rush in the morning.
    You will be in MB next week. The weather is great, not too hot yet.

Debby - I have read so many diet books and one was like you said about eating one meal a day of what you really want. Maybe at goal, I will try it.

Hello, beachlover and Diane, I hope you are out there.

We are getting a bit more active.Have a great weekend!
  • Have a great weekend everyone!!!!
    Hi All,
    Sy - thanks for the encouragement and validation. I needed it. I'm feeling pretty good today.
    I weigh in again tonight, hopefully I've made it past 10 pounds now. I was feeling depressed the last couple of days and I don't know why. Usually when I start an eating plan my attitude improves. I'm just sick of looking at all of this fat....I want it gone!!!!
    I'm gonna try Debby's chicken/crock pot recipe this weekend. It sounds yummy and I love crock pot food. It's so easy.
    I bought some Copper River salmon for tonight, it should be pretty tasty, or it had better be for $14.99 a pound.
    Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone well. Diane...where are you???Welcome to all of our new members...

Jenni