Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/31-6/5

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
View Poll Results: When it comes to wearing make-up...
Wear it religiously every day, even if no one else will see me
11.76%
Wear it only if I know I'll be going out and seen by others
52.94%
Wear it only if I'm dressing up and going to a special event
23.53%
Never wear make-up, no matter what
5.88%
I'm a natural beauty, I don't need to wear make-up!
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
  • MOVIE REPORT

If you haven't seen MONSTER, it's done VERY WELL...Charlese Theiren is WONDERFUL.
    GOTHIKA I rented once before and turned it off after ten minutes. This time, I sat it out and I'm so glad that I did. EXCELLENT!!!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday...It's very hot over here, no sea breezes blowing
    at all!

BOB
  • Hey Everyone!

I'm back from the beach and as red as a crawfish! We had a nice time but it's always good to be home. I'm going to do my grocery shopping tomorrow and try my best to get started on this WOE again. I need to lose some weight.

BOB: Of course I didn't see that message until today about stopping the meds. I haven't taken them since Wednesday and all seems to be ok. I was only on 50 mg. I do go to the doctor Tuesday so I'll tell her what I did and see if she frowns at me! HA!

Well, see you gals tomorrow!

Missy
  • Hello All!

Thought I'd pop in real quick to say hello. We got back from our vacation last night about 9:30 pm, after being on the road for 15 & 1/2 hrs.

We had lunch with SEF last Friday on our way to New Smyrna Beach, FL, then had Sabrina & her son Zach over Sat night & spent the day together Sun as she's already shared with you all. Zach is such a sweet kid!! Sabrina, you've got a jewel there!

DH & I spent the rest of the week really laid back. Slept late every morning, didn't cook but once the whole week. Took long walks on the beach late every afternoon. Our shortest walk was only a mile, but most days we did 2 - 2& 1/2 miles. I do the ocean.

We had an eventful trip through Jacksonville, FL yesterday am. Stopped off to have a quick cup of coffee with Tranquill & drop off a couple of things that Zach had forgotten at the condo. Before we got back to I-10, we hit something that ut a whole through our front tire, but we were able to get to the side of the road without any trouble & changed it. The donut was flat, but we had an air pump so we filled it up & took off to the next exit where we found a Walmart but they didn't have a tire center. We weree told there was one about 15 mins away so we headed out only to be told that there was a minimum wait of 2 & 1/2 hrs before they could even look at our tire, so away we went to a tire place a block away from there & a new tire cost us $60 & another 30 mins. So we had about a 2 hr delay all together. We hit quiet a bit of rain, but finally made it home safe & sound.

The FL sun & drier humidity sure seemed to have halped my sinus trouble & came home feeling allot better than when I left, but woke up to more congestion this am. I will have to have sinus surgery on June 18th & I sure am dreading it, but I'm so ready to be better from this constant sinus trouble.

Gator, sure sounds like you're having a wonderful experience there in France. Enjoy girl & know that there is nothing better than actually living & talking the language to really learn it. I'm sure you're doing well with it.

Jack-k, Sure hope you're feeling better. Sounds like you could use that hot tub. Hope it helps.

I talked to YellowRose this afternoon. She & her dh Ray are on their way to NC & will be arriving tomorrow pm. She sounded great & looking forward to their time there in the Treehouse!

My weight is up, my feet are swollen & tomorrow I return to work, so everything's about back to normal for me.

Oh, let me just share one more thing with you. Last Thursday, before we left for our vacation, my dh got home from work & says " How do you get in touch with Wildlife & Fishery?" Of course I asked why? He said come & LOOK. He took me to the back door & there in my yard, next to the driveway is a 5' alligator!!! I have lived here 20 years & have NEVER seen a gator this close before! I called the sheriff dept but by the time they came out it had "WALKED" back to the front ditch & under my driveway. Now I'm a little apprehensive about going out after dark for fear of it coming back for another visit! LOL

See YA!
  • Our Thursday afternoon visitor
    I took this from my back porch.