Ellipticals

• Who here has an elliptical trainer at home? I am thinking of buying one..we have a tread mill but I always feel like I get a better work out of an elliptical than on the tread mill...
    So if you have one..
    What kind is it? Brand? Model?
    How long have you had it?
    How much did you pay for it?
    Have you had any problems with it?
  • Abby, I love my elliptical. It's a ProForm CrossTrainer 820 (I think). I got it at Sears on sale for 399, original 499 about 3 weeks ago maybe. It might still be on sale. I think it's kind of the top of the line for the more inexpensive models. The motion is pretty good, maybe not absolute top of the line, but it's definitely not bad. The foot pedals are adjustable, so that helps. One of the things I like best is that it's quiet. It doesn't generate much sound. I like that 'cause now when I want to sit and watch mindless tv, I feel more inclined to use my elliptical and watch because I will be able to hear it. The display features include your rotations per min, minutes per mile, time, heart beat, resistance, calories burned, fat calories burned...I think that's all. Oh, it also has a fan to cool you and a bottle holder. =) I usually can burn 250 calories in 20 min. on resistance level 3. Twice a day=500 calories!!! The only problem I've had is that it creaks a little, but I just ignore it. It seem structurally sound.