South Beach success stories

• I am reading through the book and I am on the last chapter. while I got the basics of the plan, I would have ot say I got more information from this site than the whole book. Maybe I should have just sat down and read it in one session, then I would have gotten more from it. What did you all think of the book.

The one peeve I do have with the book are success stories. Well I don't know if they are supposed to actually encourage us but most of them end with "well I have slipped a little" or "I have gained some weight back"

Was this meant to show us that others are human and from time to time screw up? To me it shows that many people have had success but start slipping when "real life" comes into the picture.

That kind of scares me because I want to be able to do this for life and I am nervous I won't be able to do it. See I lost 30lbs in highschool and never gained it back even though I went back to eating huge portions of bad food. I don't want to do that again.

Sorry for all the ranting and complaining I just know I am more than ready to move on to the next phase since I am getting bored already. Thanks for listening to my ramblings!

Take care and good luck to all of you
  • i agree about the success stories. also they all would say i did phase 1 longer or some other things that the book doesn't recommend which i thought was odd.

off topic but i am also 5'1 and i see we are around the same starting weight. we should track each others progress!
  • Hey that sounds like a great idea. How would you like to do it? It would be good to have someone to hold me accountable besides myself. I will check back into this thread to see your response! I did well today, only 8 more days until I can go to phase 2. This is one South Beacher who is definitely looking forward to it!