Alternachick chat May 2+

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Hey, Noodles, why don't you mention it to the 3 Powers That Be and see what they think, first off. Since the site belongs to them, permission to use the 3FC logo and i.d.'s would also have to come from them. After that, I'd suggest we start a poll thread to see how much enthusiasm there is for the project. How's that for a start?
  • Noodles, remember there was some talk in the Mod's forum re: t-shirts? What ever happened to that idea? Did it die because no one wanted to wear a shirt that said "FAT CHICK" on it?
  • I dunno, Ellis. I know Meg made a shirt once but that was it. I want to make one for when I join the gym and for the bowling alley but I just haven't had a chance yet. I don't mind wearing it cause it has a website on it. Now if it said ONE FAT CHICK HERE and pointed an arrow at me, then people might want to lock me up!!

O.k., Seek, I'll ask the Mother Hens. There are other groups that already have yearly get-togethers though so I don't see why we couldn't plan something... That's where my mind had started twirling about this idea. I enjoy giving virtual hugs, but I would also love to give them in person to my fellow chickies.

Speaking of bowling...

Our bowling team clinched 1st place tonight!! YAY!!!

Somehow I managed to bowl a 163, 165, and 191. I won the spot of the year for Womens High Series Handicap. Our team took spots of the year for: High Series Scratch & Team High Series Handicap. I can't wait for banquet night! We get casholina and trophies and awards!! I also claimed a 50 pins over average award last Saturday on my other league. Now it's time to take the summer OFF bowling wise, and concentrate on jump rope tournaments. Phew!!
  • I think they were toying with the idea of a t-shirt but were trying to figure out the logo and the wording....it is probably on the back burner at the moment since there are probably a few other things going on right now...those girls are very busy

I think that some of the different groups have met up but a convention would be
  • Noodles - congrats!! Guess that eye surgery paid off. (Just teasing)
  • Regarding convention stuff. I know that the 100 lb. club is doing a convention in Chicago this year (and they got their very early inspiration from someone who said, "I think the Alternachicks got together once!") and it's going be a pretty big shindig. Finding out how they did it and gettign them involved in a larger whole 3FC one might be a good idea.
  • Hehehe Thanks Teufelchen!! I think I bowled better because I couldn't see the pins. So I didn't make the mistake of looking up at the last minute as I tend to do at times. Instead I "dot bowled" like I am suppose to do and just hoped for the best. Apparently it worked!!

I'll ask the Mother Hens about a get-together...start from there and work our way up. How's that sound?? My wheels are turning!!
  • That works-- maybe this summer. Nix on the "fat chick" T-shirt, though. No way!
  • Well, Ruthxxx, ellis and I do get together for a day of Dim Sum and shopping once in a while...I guess that was the first alternachick meet up...it would b nice if we could do a whole group thing though....maybe in T.O.?....
  • Hey y'all! It feels like I've been gone forever! My finals are OVER! I already found out I got an A- in my Kant class, which I consider pretty good considering my past struggles with him. I'm still up in the air about the Heidegger class though, but I have a good feeling about the paper I wrote. My friend who read it kept saying, "I can't believe you could make this so clear." This weekend I am giving myself a complete break from thinking about school, then Monday I have some papers to grade and students to meet. Wednesday I have a big push to finish grading 39 papers in 24 hours, then I am done. I can't wait to clean my apartment this weekend. I put my finals week blinders on and let everything slide (including my diet ), but I know it is over now.

A conference sounds great. Especially if it is in the Pacific NW, but anywhere is good.
  • Hannah: Congratulations! That's really impressive! And if we meet we'll have to call it a party, not a conference-- don't want to make it sound like you have to present papers...
  • Thanks! Yeah, actually I love philosophy conferences, but I was having trouble trying to picture a having anything like a "conference" with y'all. You gals are much too fun! I think a party sounds much better.
  • Way To Go Hannah!

Mauv: Whats T.O.???

Hey a PW get-together sounds wonderful to me!! But I want to make sure its o.k. first (I still haven't asked the "Mother Hens" yet) and I want to make sure it's a place everyone would want to go too?? I say the more the merrrier?? I just dunno if I'd be able to go this summer...Maybe September...that's when this tournament stuff calms down..And that's my birthday time!!

Ok..I'm bad. I bought another pair of Birkenstocks tonight. They are having a great clearance sale!!! Shoes are like ½ price or more!!! I couldn't resist the "Stars & Stripes" waterproof ones. I paid $43.97 TOTAL. Included shipping!! Now I got pool shoes!! I wanted to get the red ones and white ones but I already have those colors so that wouldn't fly as a good excuse to use with the DH. I better cut this out though...I think 15 pairs is enough for now. If you want to see the clearance shoes & my "4th of July excuse shoes", here's the clearance site. Bikie Clearance Shoes!! I had to do some fanagling to find it...but you wont have too. hehehhe But be warned, Birkie shopping can be addicting!! And to think I use to think they were ugly. hahahaha
  • Or Montreal, Mauvais?
    Noodles, T.O. is Toronto. (Toronto, Ontario) ie: I'm going to T.O. for the weekend.

Hannah, congratulations!!
  • Ahhhhh o.k. dokie, Ellis! Tanks for explaining it to me.

Time for !!! I was burning the midnight oil again..and somehow it turned into 5:30 a.m. oil.