* ~ * ~ * Memorial Day Challenge * ~ * ~ *

You're on Page 14 of 15
Go to
  • Forgive me chickies, for I have sinned.

I had dinner at 10:30 last night at Fridays. And had mozzarella sticks with hubby. And mashed potatoes. I did eat all the carrots out of the veggie medley- my only saving grace last night. Sigh! Got done by 11:30, up until nearly 2am again.

No breakfast this morning- just 2 cans of diet coke. Lunch was rotelle pasta & meat sauce.
    Dinner will be light because I'm still suffering from the ill effects of bad food. Poop.

I need to recover- now. Not proud of it. Got it out there in the open. Oh- crap, I also ate the small breadstick from the salad that hubby had.

Deep cleansing breaths. May is nearly over...we'll have things all straightened out by then, I hope. I can't even deal with school at this moment in time, so I am emailing the director & asking for an extension for the 2 classes, or a leave- whichever he suggests, until we get through these weeks where I have no time to even sit still.

I miss reading through the journal entries & commenting & encouraging...but barely have time to write between things I have going on. Lunch has become the time I try to steal a few minutes away to return calls on the 3 different transactions in process right now.

Deeeeeep breaths....I'll remember to keep breathing...and hopefully by the end of the week I'll have all the info that I need- and approvals in hand so that I can collapse into a pile this weekend, and maybe even enjoy having Monday off.

hugs, chickies....I hope to be back at full force soon!!!

• Sigh...Day 3 NCC
    Well, I've managed to get through another day without being too overindulgent! We had our monthly birthday party at work and I only had a couple of "licks" around the edge of the cake pan! And of course, as luck would have it, there was ice cream readily available...but I held back and didn't have any...until later when the icecream which was still readily avialable...was calling my name! BUT...I only had 1/2 cup and threw half away because I really wasn't liking it much! YEA for me!!!

Now...I want to say something to you all so you don't think I just come here to whine and complain and rag on myself...I think of this place as a place to "cleanse my soul" of sorts. It's time to write down what I did, why I did it (or why I shouldn't have) and any other feelings/thoughts I have! I really didn't think I have been too hard on myself, either! I am just posting the facts. It's what I need to do to see where I went wrong and to improve the next time. And maybe I DO worry about what I put in my mouth, but I have to because no one else is going to do that for me. I am the only one responsible for my own health and this journey is taking much longer than I anticipated. I've been hovering around the same weight for a whole month! I am NOT upset...really! I am a humorous/sarcastic person and I do think that maybe my humor comes across as being upset with myself! Sorry that it comes across as negative!

I am going to keep the goals I have, thank you! It's a NO CRAP challenge, not a "let's see if we can make things easier" challenge! LOL! I set those goals because that is what I WANT to acheive. A goal is something to attain, not something that will be handed to me on a silver platter! I know I have to work at this and I really and truly have been working at it for several months now! Please just bear with me, ok? I hope I don't sound grumpy or "down" in this post. I am just putting my thoughts and feelings into words!

You all are doing super! Ineed to go and get some things done!
    Hugs to all!
  • Hello everyone, today has been the craziest!!! We finally did get our money back so I'm glad for that! But I didn't do the treadmill today. But that's ok, because I have been on my feet all day!!! I had to stop and eat because I had forgotten. So I decided I'd sit my big butt down while I eat, then get back to work....I am SOOOO tired!!! I think I'm going to skip some of the cleaning because I dont know if it's possible without me going crazy. Then since I have to stay up the whole time we are traveling because my hubby will fall asleep in a minute. Well Tx awaits us....

Janie- I kinda glanced through the journals but didnt have time to comment. That sucks about your hubby's ex, let's just jump her and beat her up!!! She get's nothing but a beat down!!!

Lucy-We'll be waiting!!!

Hikien- ,Sorry, Sorry!!!! I wasnt saying you were whining or anything like that. You just sounded kind of like me, and I knew how I was feeling at that time. But now I dont know whether to console you or not the next time!! So, just let me know when ya need me, cuz i'm kinda confused now!!

Well, my hubby has turned on american idol and walked out. Unfortunately I have to watch it (or listen is more like it) I just want Fantasia to win, I like the other girl too though. But I think Fantasia will make more of a star. Who cares anyway, they both will get contracts!

Ok, well i guess lunch is over, I gotta get back to work!! I will talk to ya Friday or so, my parents have a computer at home. Everyone Take Care!!!

Jay
  • Ok, so my eating has been not so good, and my exercise has been non-existant. I am getting back on track with the food, at least somewhat, but the exercise part is hard to get back into. And it's been rainy and icky this past week, and that is NOT good for motivation, especially since my treadmill is broken and I need to walk outside. I know, excuses, excuses.

Today's food:
    Breakfast--coffee with creamer, V8, 2 slices 12-grain toast, 1 egg, 1 slice cheese, 1/2 tbsp mayo, and 5 blueberry phyllo pastries
    Lunch--Diet Dr. Pepper, pepperoni pizza LeanPocket, mini ranch rice cakes
    Dinner--spinach quiche, grilled chicken breast with barbeque sauce, cornbread with real Amish butter--yum! I'm defenseless when it comes to cornbread slathered with yummy butter!
    I'm on my 4th 16-ounce glass of water, so I'm pretty good there too. Like I said though, no exercise. I know that as soon as I get back into it I'll be fine, it's just taking those first few steps that are so tough. I will get back into it eventually though. I want to start strength training on a more regular basis too, and doing pilates and yoga. I used to do yoga all the time and it felt so good, but I've just slacked off recently. I don't know why I ever stopped.
    Hopefully tomorrow I will get up and exercise in the morning, since I work late tomorrow night. But I haven't been sleeping very well, so if I can manage to sleep past 7:00 I think I'll allow it. I should still have plenty of time for exercise though. Hopefully the sun will be shining--or at least it won't be raining--and I'll be able to go for a walk/jog.
    Ok, time for sleep now. See you all tomorrow!
    ~Elisha
  • Hey, everybody!! (Hi, Dr. Nick!)

Anyway, yeah. Busy busy Lucy over here hasn't had a second to herself for almost three days, now!! EEK!!

The art institute is going well, in the middle of applying, all that crap. Excited, really hope I get accepted and whatnot, and that I can afford to start very soon!

Ummm food is good, water is iffy, and workouts have been forced in but good, all the same.

I DID lose four pounds, tho, and on my TOM!! WOOT!! YAY!! That totally made my day. Almost down under 180, now!! WOOHOO!! I have officially lost all the weight gained by the depo shot, and I'm almost off this plateau -- I can just smell it.

I do have cramps today, so extra ab workout for me, and my arms/shoulder/back are sore, so that means even more arm workout today, because that shows me that I'm burning the fat and making the muscle work which is how ya burn those stupid fat cells away, which is my goal! Yay!

Um, I think that's about it!

FOod -
    No idea yet, not really hungry... I'll figure it out.

Workout -
    30 min elliptical
    30 swquats
    0 lunges (they don't feel right...)
    a bunch of ab workout stuff
    a bunch of arm workout stuff
    and at least 20 min upside down on my ball to let my spine rest!

Hope everybody is having a great day!
  • Okay, new update. Finished applying, PHEW. One GIANT thing is now off of my back for good, and if I get accepted, my world will be awesome, and if not, then I can't be sad, I can just try again. Now onto doing FAFSA junk and whatnot. I feel better after I worked out, and if the rain lets up (welcome to WA, right? hah!) then we'll go on a walk tonight.
  • Good Friday Morning Ladies!
    Sorry I have been missing so much time here. I have been trying to stop in for a minute and check up on everyone.

Lucy - I'll keep my fingers crossed and say a prayer (gotta cover all the bases) for an acceptance letter! Congratulations on the four pounds, and with your TOM! wow

elisha - why is it so hard to break a bad habit and to start a good one? I am struggling with the exercise right now to, I'll try a little harder if you will.

hikein2005 - Hon, you do what you need to do and we will be more than happy to lend an ear when you want us to and a shoulder when you need us to.

Jennifer - with your life in upsidedown mode it is no wonder you are having a hard time staying on plan. Do the best you can, it is all you can ask of yourself, just don't loose sight of your goals. Good luck, I hope things settle down for you soon. What is up with the house plans? last I remember you were talking to another builder. Inquiring minds want to know

As for me, well I have not been a good girl . I keep finding junk in the house (where did that come from?) and shoving it in my face. That sounds worse than it is but I feel so stupid when I allow this to happen! I haven't gained any weight back and in truth the slips haven't been catostrophic, it is just that they shouldn't be happening at all. I should join the NCC but I am leaving for home (Northcentral Wisconsin) on Sunday to get my daughter and drive her car back here with her on Thursday (6/3) and I know I can not do it. Now don't freak out on me, I don't plan on being bad but I know there will be junk at my mom's and I can't turn it all down. I haven't seen my son and partents since Feb, my sister since Christmas and my friends since Nov, I am going to enjoy this short time and not feel guilt if I slip a bit on the food side.
    When we get back to Tennesse I will join the NCC and get serious about exercise again, I promise! If I don't follow through you can send Jaymi over here with the taser! Jaymi is on her trip to Texas right now isn't she? hope it goes well. Anyway, I will be out of the loop for about a week, is there another challege in the wings? You guys behave yourselves now and have a great Memorial Day weekend, I hope you all meet your goals!
  • Well, I didn't even need that acceptance letter, you guys. I got a call from the admissions director (who is my admission advisor as well) and I said that I'd submitted the app, and that I really hope I get accepted. She told me not to worry abotu that, because I was already accepted and the paperwork was a bit of a formality in this case. WOOOT!!! When you apply to an extremely impossible to get into college and the paperwork is A FORMALITY, that is AWESOME!!!!!!

So I'm sick as a dog and there are tornadoes all over the place and I am just nuts. I HATE tornadoes, and I HATE being sick!! But oh, well. More of both today are being forecasted. BLECH.

Food today -
    B - 2 1/2 rice cakes w/ peanut butter (the dog ate 1/2 after i dropped it haha)
    L - can of tuna, 1 apple
    D - stouffer's mac & cheese (because i am having a very bad day, here, and my stupid TOM won't make up its' mind about staying or going GRRRR I HATE THAT , and I have a very bad cold)

The shrimp I made last night tasted like spicy cardboard, so the hubby ate my plateful. I had an avocado & a big slice of cheese, instead. Even if that dinner has a great deal of fat in it, at least it's the good fat from the avocado and the good fats from the dairy that are paired with protein. I felt better about that last night, at least.

No formal workout today aside from ab, butt, & arm workout, and 30 squats. I can't breathe worth crap, so no ellipitical.

I have a 4-day weekend. How rad is that?! (Because I work at home and all this other stuff) so that's awesome. I get no work sent out Monday, either, so Tuesday is a big day-off, too!! WOOT!

Oh, yeah. I noticed that my butt is way smaller and shaplier, which is awesome by me. My arms are also looking awesomely toned, even with the extra fat on 'em, and my stomach is shrinking fast. WOOHOO!!

Okay, that's about it. I'm gonna go open up the blinds and keep an eye out for crazy weather today. Have a great day!!!
  • hey chickie chickies!

Got an exciting weekend planned...hah! NOT!

Planning to do some back deck (can't even call it a yard) sprucing up, and pseudo pressure wash the back of the house & balcony. Then, see what we can do as far as weeding out the front courtyard, and getting things spiffed up for the appraisal coming up sometime next week. Yeah, doesn't add any value (said the appraiser's wife here, wink, wink) but doesn't hurt to look nice and well-manicured.

I figure I can also get some sun on my parts by doing that outdoor work. Just need lots of sunscreen, and hubby to keep applying it.

Then, I want to get the blinds up that we bought last week...and maybe even curtain rods up so I can make the valances from a sheet set we love, that no longer fits any bed we own. I'm a domestic goddess, I tell ya! LOL

It'll be nice to have the blinds up from the post-construction lunacy downstairs (it's a looong story, but suffice to say the living/dining room area of the house have been "quarrantined" for almost a full year, and have boxes & crap all stacked up, waiting to be addressed. At least with the blinds up, I can move the boxes & work down there at night without having people peek in at me. Nosy fricking neighbors behind us

That's about it...after that, I am vegging for the rest of the weekend. Food & water will be good, and the outdoor activity is going to count as my exercise. As I put in my journal, after that, I'm taking a break from riding myself & adding pressure. If I take a full day to do nothing but chill out, I should be able to get my head & butt wired together again to hit this full stride for the 4th of July Challenge (blatant plug- starting June 1- I look forward to seeing all our chickies there! ) and stop beating myself up for the next few days.

I know I'm down for the month- nothing substantial- I think 3 pounds, the last I checked. Weighed this morning for the first time in a week, and holding steady at my PMS bloat weight. Still no sign of the PMS- no, not preggie, just uber-stressed out, and my stupid body doesn't want to cooperate, for fear of showing weakness when I'm in my warrior mode like this. Sigh. Fricking biology...I've had PMS for 11 days now, and I'm tired of being crabby all the time!

I'll check in over the weekend- this weekend is my time to get my head together, and regroup, ready to kick off the new challenge sometime Memorial Day. I'll see you all there, right???? Don't make me tazer you into re-upping

Hugs to you all, chickies, and I'll check in over the weekend.
  • Hi everyone!!

Just poppin in to tell you that i"m still alive!!! We have survived the first day here in TX...barely!! I got all of 2 hrs sleep, and tomorrow is a whole new day. My little sister graduates in the morning, I need to have my hair done at 8:00 am, so i need to wake up at maybe 6 to exercise and shower/wash my hair and try to dry it. I havent exercised in two days!!! I'm sooo ashamed. It is the first time this has happened since the entire month. I bet I'll gain weight too even though I've stayed on my eating plan. The first day I didnt have a choice, we were in the car for over 16 hours, today I got up with intentions of working out, but had sooo much to do, I could never get around to it. I barely got a shower in, had to sneak it!! LOL I hope everyone is doing well, I wish I had time to comment on you all and read the posts, but I dont know whether I'm coming or going right now!! I cant wait until the actual vacation part occurs, because right now it's just a lot of work!!! And don't think for one second that the hubby's family has already tried to start some mess in the first couple of hours of our arrival. But I told my hubby, I'm not letting "ANYONE" destroy this vacation. So I could care less what they say or do. They'll get the point, the cant argue with themselves right?!?! My daughter is crying everytime someone looks at her, and then she closes her eyes, she really thinks if she doesnt see them, they wont see her!! It's hilarous, but of course people wanna say I have her so spoiled. How many babies do "you" know that loves strangers?!?!? None! And everyone is a stranger her to her, even my parents!!! Well, gotta go back to hubby's grandmother's house so I will try to pop in tomorrow if I get a chance. Everyone take care!!!!

Jay
  • Heya chickies! Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend. We've gotten so much done here at the house- backyard is totally cleaned up- we got the blinds in the living room up, and I started to work in there, and this morning, we went to Home Depot & picked up mulch & some neat flowers so that we can spiff up the front area a little bit. That's been my exercise this weekend- house & yardwork. Doing a lot of sweating! LOL

Food could have been better- kinda letting things fall where they may this weekend, and getting back to business tomorrow. Water has been awesome- drinking so much Crystal Light & a new concoction hubby & I came up with- kool aid packets & splenda- there's an awesome apple flavored one we made & went through all 2 quarts yesterday.

I'll check back in later today to get things ready for the next challenge....
  • Memorial Day Post
    OK girls!
    I'm back from camping with a new attitude! I'm pretty sure I gained 5# since Thursday! The scale at home is not the "official" scale, but it gives me a pretty good idea...I have NOT even thought about losing weight all weekend but I did manage to get in a good 2 mile walk on Saturday with a friend, but it was not the aerobic walk I would have like because we were talking and whatever...but at least I was moving!

The family and I started out for the same hike yesterday but the mosquitoes practically carried us away, so when our friend went by in her truck, we hailed her for a ride before those nasty blood suckers got any more of our blood! I even sprayed all of us from head to toe with a TON of deep woods spray and brought it along and kept spraying us, but they were insistent on following us! Hubby rode in the back of the truck with the dog and Kaleigh's bike and said the little buggers were following along at 30 MPH! Geesh! But I took a couple of walks in the campground area with the dogs and DD, up and down the docks, etc so didn't get completely complacent!

Packed up in the rain this morning (monsoon season here! LOL!) and came home, unpacked the camper, made a trip to Home Depot for flowers, and have read the paper!

Food this weekend consisted of nothing good for me except the chili I made yesterday which was a good "cleanser", if you know what I mean! Yikes! I have had cinamon buns, bacon & eggs (well, I suppose that is ok if not soaked in bacon grease!), Hot choc (not SF) with Butterscotch Schnapps, Beer (I NEVER drink the stuff, but it tasted pretty good), garlic bread, macaroni salad, etc, etc....The list goes on, but I can already feel the zaps from the tazer from all of you, and that's ok with me!!!!! My pants feel tight today! Waaaaahhhhh! Oh, but I DID enjoy myself...too bad it involved so much food, eh? I will weigh "officially" tomorrow at work and let you all know the damage! I'm not even going to bother with measurements because I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed! (not enough and too much ) What more can I say??? At least I know where I have failed and can try to make up for it next month!!! Seems like I say that every month! UGH!!!

I am sad to say that I had a huge wakeup call this weekend! There was this woman a few campsites away from us with a pretty big butt and I asked my hubby if that's what my butt "used" to look like! He looked at her and said "your's isn't too much smaller than that now!" I was mortified! No way can my butt be THAT big! I don't know really if it is or not, maybe he told me that so I would get back on plan again! OK, so I have my spark back now...and I am ready to fight with a vengenance! No more whining or complaining or justifying anything! I refuse to have this butt anymore! I start tomorrow morning...no wait...today...again with daily (5-6 times a week) aerobic and toning too! I know I am busy, but I can find time each day for SOMETHING for my body...to help it become more of what I want it to be.

I'm pretty sure this May challenge will have little to no results for me, but I have learned, if nothing else, that I can't become complacent and expect results! Thanks for hanging in with me for the ride this month! You all have been great. I am looking forward to June! I will post my "goals" and the way in which I will get there this month later this week when Jennifer posts the challenge!
  • WEll here I am back from the dead. I weigh in at 161.5, but need someone to use a Tazar on me for not exercising for the past 1.5 weeks. My last posting had me going on a trip to visit relatives and get caught up and then meeting dh at my brothers about 5 hours away. Well to make a long story short. Dh stuck his nose in a big issue that had nothing to do with him, and made a very ugly scene. Hurt some of my family with his attempted actions and I am still po'd at him. I have stuck to my diet, but not exercised as I should. Thank god for some good habit forming and determinations that it did not totally throw me for a loop. Today is my offical measure day and also I am trying to get caught up with 3fatchicks. I could boo hoo all day over this but won't bore everyone, but will say this. I felt like giving him the big "D" word and going my own way! That is some what of an explaintation of how hard this all hit me! I really think my loss of the 25 pounds has given me confidence to stand up to him and not let him bully me! I think he has been very shocked that I took a tough love attitude with him over this and will not pudge off of my position. Normally, I am the peace maker between us. He is still in the dog house and he knows it "big time".
  • Quick Tues AM check in
    First off...Maggi...I am soooo sorry to hear about you and DH's falling out. It takes a lot of strength to stand up to anyone, but to stand up to your DH and not falter, that takes guts, girl! Its sooo hard, but I hope you will find what you need to have peace in your marriage or go your own separate ways. I hope you really don't choose the latter! It's hard to work things out sometimes, but really...the time you take to do it will be worth it...if it's what you want! (((((((((Maggi)))))))))))) And congrats to you on sticking with your food plan! I'm sooo not there yet! That would have me eating whatever I wanted within arm's reach! I'm proud of you!

OK, chickies...today I exercised this morning. Ate a healthy b-fast (Kashi Go Lean & milk) and plan to do my toning exercises at work on my lunch break! That's the plan...we'll see how work goes! I'm sure it will be crazy after a holiday weekend!

Hope everyone else is starting off on the right foot this month! Hugs to all!
  • Ok, the new thread is up for the next challenge....I hope to see everyone there.

Post your total losses here, or any changes, before moving on to the new thread.

For me- a whopping 4 pounds down for the entire month....I learned in a big way that if I don't exercise, food can be totally on target, and nothing will change. I also learned that in a single weekend of bad eating, combined with that lack of exercise, and you can undo a month's worth of hard work. Lesson learned, big time.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41431