MaY WaLkErS

You're on Page 8 of 9
Go to
  • Good morning

Another 2 miles done for me today.

I hope you are fully recovered Michelle!

SunnyD I am glad you are feeling a bit better, we're all here for each other which is why I really like this board.

I got rained on during my walk so off to get changed and take a shower, will ttyl .

• Hey there Gals ~
    I haven't walked yet today, but will later - just wanted to stop back and post to you all. I have gone to Curves this morning and had quite a workout. It always feels so good after I have gone. When I am getting ready to go I really want to just go hop back into bed but I fight the feeling and just "do it" --- it always pays off

LYNNE ~

I love walking in the rain - when it's warm.
    Glad to hear you were able to get in your walk today.

Sounds like you had quite a busy weekend... us too. Did you buy anything at the auction you went to - or just go for the fun of going? I have never been to an auction, but have always wanted to see what it was like to go. Sounds like fun.

We still haven't gotten our tomatoes or peppers in the garden - it is just so wet! The moment I step onto our lawn you sink in with muddy waters going into your shoes - we too have flooding like you would not believe in N.E., Ohio... many area's were without electricity and have flooded homes. In fact, it is raining right now - again! The forecasters are saying that we should have nice cooler, clear weather after today - I sure do hope so! We will be harvesting our lawn soon in bales if we don't get it cut this weekend. I am also hoping to get the veggies planted this weekend. Sounds like you have a good size veggie garden... bet it keeps you busy.

Wishing you *LUCK* this Friday with your written driving test... did you not have a license before now, Lynne? Or is this test for another kind of license? Maybe I missed a post when you explained it.

MICHELLE ~
    I am so sorry to hear that you became so ill! Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better now - was it the flu? Sure sounds like it was... it seem to hit you fast and hard. Maybe you needed to slow up a little and rest - you have been really working hard, between the walking and the family. I know what you mean about the lack of motivation after not working out for awhile - that's what happened to me. I had not walked since last Thursday - I did do Curves on Friday, but didn't get in my walk. It took all I had yesterday to get back on the T-Mill, but I was so glad I did! After I finished up... I felt great.

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures... have more of my yard and all the pots I planted, but they are still on the camera. So you will have to wait till I download them and make them smaller for the forum. I enjoy sharing pictures with everyone - especially of my gardens and of my three boys (the cats )... they are so precious to me. They don't know they are cats - they think they are people... they own me!

I too am sorry to hear of your neighbors - I feel so blessed, we have lovely neighbors here. Most are older... we are in a 55 & older Mobile Home Park (moved in before it was changed over - I think we are one of the yournger couples living here), and most time are caring or checking in on them. The are sweet and we love it here. I wish that for everyone... too bad some neighbors are inconsiderate and unkind. I feel for you and your family.

KRISTI ~
    I am so sorry to hear that you are flooding!!! Was there allot of damage??? I know allot of people are suffering with their homes flooding & sink holes!!! How's your home?!? Thank the Lord, ours is just the yard! We have another huge storm moving over us now... when will it all stop! It has been one heck of a Spring so far! I hope you don't lose your gardens... after all your hard work. I have held off planting my veggies till this weekend - hope it pays off to wait and the weather gets better.

Were you able to catch up with yourself after the weekend??? We miss you here. I surely hope that you were able to clean up after your flooding and catch up with your rest!

*Thinking of you* Kristi!!!!
    *Prayers*

JENNIFER ~
    Good for you getting in some miles over the weekend... soon we'll be starting a new month in June ( JuNe WaLkErS ) and you will be able to be there from the beginning of the month with us WoW... it's almost June already - where is the time going?!

I think it's great that you are roller-blading!!!! I have such weak ankles - roller-blades and ice-skates are not for me. I use to roller-skate, but it's been years! I hear that roller-blading is great exercise! I am proud of you for doing it & never falling (!) - good for YOU! Soon the aches will go away.

Thank you so much for your prayers... I love it when someone offers to pray for me - my chances are so much better in succeeding... and I feel I do better. I am feeling allot better - so your prayers have already done the trick... Thank you so much

SHEILA ~
    Hope all is going well with you & we see you back here again...

*Wishing you all a Good Day*
    Always,
    Me <><

• Sunny, we went to the auction for fun. It's a regular auction which runs every Saturday and friends of ours go quite regular. Each week they auction different things. We didn't buy any of the furniture, I did bid on a pair of brass frog bookends, which were adorable but I was outbid by someone else! It was a lot of fun, my first auction and we're going again this Saturday, modern furniture this week and we're hoping to pick up a pair of nighstands for our bedroom.

This will be my first driving license, yep I cannot drive! I'm looking forward to learning!

Will ttyl, got to go study now .
  • I'm ba-a-a-a-ack and so glad to be. It's been a heck of a few days, but we've survived prety much intact. We are still pumping water every 2 or 3 hrs. because it just keeps seeping in. We were to get more rain last night, but luckily it just missed us. The sun is actually trying very hard to peek through all the clouds right now. I did no miles on Sun. but had a blast bowling with my S.S. class. 3 games. That must count for something. Had a great end of the yr. Scouting party last night. I ate WAY too much and also got no exercise yesterday. Shame I know. My best friend of 26 yrs. called last night and her mother passed away Sun. night. She'd been sick since Christmas and was in hospice care the last 6 days. Very sad, but yet she knows her mom is now with her dad and she's much happier.
    Michelle, Sorry to hear you were sick. WTG getting right back on program. You are such an inspiration. Thanks for your prayers. It means a lot!
    Lynne, I just got done washing all my towels nice and fluffy. Do you need one lol Hope it wasn't a cold rain. Thanks too for the prayers. That's so nice
    Jennifer, Roller blades!!!! That's awesome, they are my planned gift to myself when my waiste hits a certain number. I've never been able to justify the expence for myself. That sounds kinda sad. We're worth it right now right lol Great job getting active.
    Sunny, Thanks for all your lovely thoughs. My home is soggy, but ok!! I think my garden is actually going to be all right as well if the rain stays away. The weather man is calling for more this eve, but he was wrong last night. Pray without ceasing! I hope everything is fine with your home and gardens as well. You mentioned sink holes. Is your beautiful yard suffering? Great job getting back in perspective. Take care.
    3 miles today ( planning another 3 suffering TOM so it's iffy )
    Have a SUNNY day all!

MaY MiLeS : 49

• KRISTI ~
    No... no sink holes in our yard, but some of our friends have problems. Also with soil erosion from the rains. It was raining earlier; then it cleared up. Now we are right in the path for another major storm. My weather-bug is chirping like crazy. It is warning us of the storm coming in... I hope it passes through quickly and w/o much damage done.

Glad to see you back and to hear that all is under control. Do you have a finished basement?

LYNNE ~
    I think it is so cool that you are getting your license! It's never too late to do anything... I was 19 before I got mine and I learned on a standard. I loved the standard, but after my car accident (in 1976) my hubby wouldn't buy another small car I think you will do just fine... have you practiced driving? I aced the driving part (100%), but got a 96% on my written because I didn't know what the depth of the tread on a tire should be (still don't - ).

You make me want to go to an auction... I think they have them here in Aurora, Oh. every Saturday --- I'll have to look into it. We do go to a huge Flee Mrket 2x a year at the Burton Fair Grounds - I think there's like 5-800 vendors. They set up in June and then again in Sept. I love going there just to look at everything and see friends.

SHEILA ~
    Good to see you! So glad to hear that you did get in some miles over the weekend... I wish you the very best on your insurance exams. You havta come back and fill us in on how you did
    *Luck*

So sorry to hear of your food poisoning!!
    But glad to hear that you are better now... gotta watch those exp. dates!

*~*~*

I gotta run - I hear thunder...
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Me <><

MaY MiLeS: 44.0

• 3 miles for me today!! 62 for the month!!

Kristi - Oh its so great to see you made it through all that rain ok!! I'm building you an ark I'll put one of every animal on if you can pick up their better halves I'd appreciate it lol!!

Sunny - Hope everything is great with you!!!

Lynne - An auction sounds like fun!! Was it a live auction? I've never been to one of those only silent auctions. Woo hooo your first drivers license!!??!! Thats wonderful!!

Sheila - Sorry to hear about your food poisoning I really hope you are feeling better!!

Well girls tomorrow is my 1st official weigh in with my doctor (since I started meds) I'm ready to see how impressed she is with all the work I've done!! I really have been working hard!! Sorry to pat my own back but I'm quite proud of myself lol!

Off to bed
    TTYL
    Michelle

• Good Afternoon MICHELLE ~
    Yep... whatever came through OHIO yesterday missed us, so we are fine here My hubby actually was able to mow the lawn last night He'll need to do it at least two more times over the weekend to catch up.

I too await your good news from the Dr. today...
    come back soon and fill us in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHEILA ~
    Good to hear that you are feeling better after that bad bout with the bottle

I am feeling so much better now... I have been nursing a migraine headache since Monday evening. I thought I might be able to handle it w/o meds, but alas I caved and took a a migraine tablet... now I am much better. I can actually see now. Those are so bad when they hit, I haven't had one in a very long time - I think I got it from working all stooped over doing the pots on Sunday evening and on Monday morning. I went to Curves yesterday with it and thought it may go away - not! So this morning I missed my Curves Oh well, I am just dandy now... no complaints. And I hope to get to Curves on Thurs. & Fri. to make up for lost time.

My Joe is off the next 5 days so I will post when I am able to, okay gals. I usually don't go on the computer much when he's home... unless he is outdoors working on something. I just am with him so little that I don't want to take time away from him when he is home - ya know

I am going to try to get in a 2miler today -
    so I'll be back later...
    {{{Hugs}}}
    Me <><

• Pics
    Here are some pictures of the Arbor and the front of our home after I did some planting... still not finished, but wanted to show you gals

Just click ON the TITLE of the pic to see...

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• Here is the turtle that made her way across our yard and
    a few pictures of my three boys doing their thing

First pic. of all 3 together... my boys names are:
    Domino (the Blk & White)
    Zeppe (next to Domino) &
    Guido (hoggin' the pillow )

*~*~*

Domino is our little man - he's the boss and 8 yrs old
    Guido & Zeppe are siblings and we got them at 5 wks old,
    they are 2ys old on June 4th)

Hope you gals like the pics and are not annoyed with me
    SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• SHEILA ~
    Is that you holding the Possum? Just wondered... it's always nice to see what everyone looks like Possum is beautiful! But whomever that is holding him looks to be a bit annoyed I use to have a long-haired gray cat, named *Smokey*, years ago - he was my very first kitty... I miss him still.
    I love pictures and am glad you shared too!

There's a picture of me in my Profile

Me <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • Oh how neat to see what everyone looks like!!! What cute kitties!! I don't want cats because they tend to be less child friendly lol we do have a dog who is great with our two girls She was a puppy when my 2 yo was 1 when we got her, omg that sentance was a wreck I hope you understood it lol!!

Ok now the doctor was sooo impressed with my progress and they like my dedication. It made me feel sooo good!!

Ok its late so I need to make this a short post sorry guys!

2 miles for me today!

sleep well

Michelle

• Good Afternoon Everyone!

Hi MICHELLE ~
    You did better then I did! I never did get in a walk yesterday nor will I today - I AM going to make up for it though, cuz I want to make 50 miles for the month of May... where did the month go?!

You are right about the cats being less 'child friendly'... I enjoy dogs too, but am not able to have them here where I live. Otherwise I'd have both I just enjoy animals in general. Glad you liked all the pictures

You stated that the Dr. was impressed with you, but you never said how much you lost? Maybe I missed it...

Have a good weekend Michelle

Okay... where is everyone else???????????????????????

I have my hubby home today though Monday I am so happy! I love it when he takes time off and we don't make any plans... just taking it a day at a time. We have allot we want to finish up in our gardens/yard for the beginning of summer. Now that the yard is drying up we plan to work in the gardens... And we have a wake to go to tonight for our DFriend who passed away at only 64 yrs old from brain cancer (that will be a bummer...)

Because hubby is home I will miss a *Curve* day - but I will try to keep up my walking. Although, yesterday I didn't do anything... I nursed a migraine headache all day. It began on Monday evening, but the pain peaked yesterday, that's what I get for holding off the meds (I didn't want to take them) - so I could do nothing... today I am so much better. So I hope to go to Curves tomorrow morning. Can't today - too soon after the migraine, don't want it to come back I haven't had one of those (a migraine) in a long time!

We had sunshine and blue skies this morning & it was absolutely beautiful... but alas it has gotten cloudy again with a few sprinkles

Okay... later Gals...

*Have a SAFE & Fun weekend!*
    *God Bless*
    SunnyD <><

• It's so great to sit down and read all your news. I hope to have time to respond individually tomorrow. Yesterday I had a blast at Circus World Museum on a field trip with 2 of my children and made it through Martha's wake. My friend is so sad. It makes me sad. The funeral was today. I was able to attend the service, but had to skip the the cemetery and luncheon. I plan to get together tonight with the family after I attend the t-shirt dance with my children at school. On top of all the activities I have TOM and am eating terrible. Funnel cake and the like!!! I'm gonna keep walking and be happy to maintain this week. I did get in another 3 miles on Tues. and 5 today. Take care all!

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 57
  • I got 3 miles in tonight Yayyyy!!

Sunny - Ohhh I forgot how much I lost lol!!! I lost 16 lbs since April 30th!!! I can't wait for this sunday for my weigh in!! You enjoy your time with hubby while he's home!!

Kristi - TOM has his ugly claws in you too eh? ooohhhh funnel cake....shame shame shame, but ohhh does it sound so good!!! Keep up the great work walking girl!!

Well I had a long day and have a doc's appt tomorrow morning so I better get to sleep.
    Love to you all!
    Michelle
  • Good morning

Sorry I haven't been able to post this past couple of days, our phone line was cut Wednesay morning! The highway dept are digging up and widening our road and getting ready to gravel it and we lost our phone and internet lines. We're expecting to lose them a couple more times before the work is done so if I don't post for a day or so, that's why!

I walked 2 miles Wednesday and 4 miles yesterday.

Got to go, will try post more later today .