MaY WaLkErS

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Kristi - lol the child that isn't sitting on my lap (directly to my left) is my niece zoe she spends time with us quite a bit. I know I havn't changed my current weight until my weigh in day lol which is tomorrow!! I should hopefully be down to 233 that would be 9 lbs down since may 1st Anyway, I'm sick today I think I have a sinus/ear infection I'm going to try and get a work out in but I can't say for sure.

Sunny and Lynne I hope you both are doing well!
    Michelle
  • Ok guys I got another 2 miles in! I really didnt feel like it but I did it anyway and I actually feel better. I'm glad I did it.
    Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.
    Michelle
  • Ok guys I got my official weigh in results!!!! I am down 5 lbs from my last weigh in and down 10 lbs from May 1st!!!! I feel so great!!!
    Gonna do 2 miles a little later today.
    Michelle
  • Ok I must be the only one here on the weekends lol. Where are you guys?? Ok I did another 3 miles today! 18 miles for may so far.

Happy Mothers Day

Michelle
  • Congrats on the loss Michelle!

I gave myself the weekend off. Late Friday I was feeling pretty drained and my shins were hurting during my walk (shin splints?), so I decided to calm it down over the weekend.

I got up this morning feeling not so great, I think I have a cold coming on but I don't think it's going to be of those colds that you immediately feel sick with you know? So I only managed 2 miles today instead of my planned 3.9, disappointing but I have to listen to my body, don't want to make myself feel worse. Still, 2 miles is better than none.
  • Wow, Michelle! You are one "Motivated Mommy" you even did 3 miles on Mother's Day for goodness sake. That's just awesome! Congrats on your weight loss as well. It feels so good when that scale nudges down. Doesn't it. Pat yourself on the back, because you really deserve it! I was sooo bad all weekend. I ate everything that was on the menu at the M-D banquet Sat. night and then yesterday my oldest dd and I went to see "VanHelsing" and I ate all the popcorn except maybe a cup full and then even had 2 wine coolers when I got home. I'm looking at mostly salads for all week. I'm going to Cub Scout camp overnight on Fri. and spending all day Sat. there so I know everything will be little boy friendly and yummy and fattening. I just have to keep being good all weekend, because my weekends seem to be full of kid stuff for awhile andI refuse to measure and stuff when I'm suppose to be having fun with them. Lynne, You have such a terrific attitude. Of course 2 miles is better than nothing!!! So many people would quit and do nothing when suffering with pain and an oncoming cold as well. You should take a bow as well!!
    3 miles today

Kristi

MaY MiLeS : 24.75
  • 2 miles today!!!! How is everyone doing? Lynne it is good that you are giving your body a rest when you arent feeling well. Kristi Glad you had a great weekend.
    Michelle
  • I just had to quikly post. I just finished doing my miles for today and I completed the first 2 miles in 25 min 20 sec. This is my personal best and I'm feeling darn proud right now!!!!
  • Way to go kristi for beating your record

I did another 2 miles today, so 4 total for today 22 for the month

Michelle
  • Hey girls,

Not such a good day today, my weekly weigh in showed I have gained 3.5lbs since last Tuesday. I didn't do very well with the food this weekend so maybe I should blame that but I am worried I am walking too much. I stepped up the walking last week and walked every day, Mon Wed and Fri I did 3.9 miles, Tue and Thur I did 2 miles plus 30 mins of light weights on the Bowflex we have. I thought that by stepping up the walking/exercising I would have better results.

Walking and doing light weights on the bowflex, aside from gardening, is the only exercise I can do. I can't drive and we live in the middle of nowhere, an hour from the nearest gym.

Should I drop my exercise down again to every other day? I am feeling really confused and pretty down right now. It seems to be so hard finding something that works for me.

Edit: it might help if I let you know what diet I am using. I am following a low fat/low cholesterol diet and trying to eat between 1200 and 1600 calories a day, trying to keep my fat intake to 30 g or less. My diet is carb heavy, low fat. My fitday link is at the bottom.

• WoW I have some catching up to do, huh...
    Good Morning Ladies!

I did another 2.5 miles and went to Curves yesterday, but KRISTI ~
    Yes! I just love my Curves!!! The ladies that work there are so helpful and kind ~ not to mention the friends I have made there. I personally love it!

As for walking ~ I will never catch up to you at this rate (my competitive side slipping out )... Good job! But at that speed you aren't walking anymore you are jogging and with this bad knee of mine --- a fast walk is all I am able to do --- I want to jog so bad, but everytime I try I hurt so bad in my left knee that evening... It was dislocated in my accident in 1976 from hitting the steering column and has never been the same. Even when I wrap it I am still not able to jog Maybe after I lose a bit more weight I will.

Glad you enjoyed the tulips - I thought they were so pretty too Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day... me too. My hubby & I never had children (not by choice), but we have helped allot with friends and family and I received cards and gifts from them --- so special! It has been said, "that when a door closes, a window opens" We went to church and then spent the morning with our friends and their family - nice first half of the day... then came home to chill out together. My parents are in Maine and Joe's parents have passed.

MICHELLE ~
    WoW girl... you are doing WONDERFULLY!!!!
    Congrats on your weight-loss - down 10#'s from May 1st - awesome job!

How are you feeling(?)- you mentioned you were sick... and you still walked, I am impressed. Weekends are very difficult for me to get onto the computer we are so very busy - my weekdays are quieter. When Joe is home there is no idle time So I will do my best on those days, but don't worry about me if I don't show up on Saturday or Sunday, okay I didn't mean to let yesterday go by without posting, but it just got so HOT here I couldn't bring myself to turn on the computer - I was out in the yard most of the day. We see very little sun here and I took advantage Today looks like rain...

Hi LYNNE ~
    You are so wise when it comes to listening to your body... I seem to be like you and when I read you felt that way and needed a break, you confirmed what I felt about me! I took a break this weekend too and by Monday I was so ready for exercise. I will try to get in another 2 miles this morning, but the knee is bothering me from the humidity - so I'll just do my best. If it weren't for this darn knee I would feel pretty darn good! AND be able to do more! Oh well... have to play the cards I am delt

Have a super day ladies!
    I think you gals are great motivators!!!!
    Thank~you!!
    SunnyD

MaY MiLeS: 15.75

• Quote:
    Lynne:
    Not such a good day today, my weekly weigh in showed I have gained 3.5lbs since last Tuesday. I didn't do very well with the food this weekend so maybe I should blame that but I am worried I am walking too much. I stepped up the walking last week and walked every day, Mon Wed and Fri I did 3.9 miles, Tue and Thur I did 2 miles plus 30 mins of light weights on the Bowflex we have. I thought that by stepping up the walking/exercising I would have better results.

Walking and doing light weights on the bowflex, aside from gardening, is the only exercise I can do. I can't drive and we live in the middle of nowhere, an hour from the nearest gym.

Should I drop my exercise down again to every other day? I am feeling really confused and pretty down right now. It seems to be so hard finding something that works for me.
    *~*~*

Hi LYNNE ~
    You posted while I was writing... I am so very sorry you are having such a crummy start to your day today. But if it helps, muscle does weigh more then fat and you must try to stay away from your scale if it will defeat you. I too am a scale addict and have to literally talk to myself into staying away from the scale! It makes me feel defeated and then I want to just give up. So now I just keep on truckin' --- no matter what. I have found that I have muscle swelling that can add about 3-5#'s in just water weight and it does go away after a day or so, especially if you watch the salt you take in and drink your water. For instance... yesterday I did Curves (40min) and then walked on the T-Mill (60min) and dared not to go near that scale - I know I will weigh in heavier! But I did good by my body by exercising and I feel good and that is what matters.

*Just a note that may help you*
    At Curves they say you should give yourself one days rest in between resistance workouts... so maybe you shouldn't use your Bowflex (a resistance workout) more then 2 - 3x's a week. Oh, and make sure you are getting plenty of sleep - so very important for muscle recovery. I am usually in bed and asleep by 10pm because I am up by 5am every morning.

Oh please - don't let it get to you...
    I wish I were close enough to give you a huge hug!
    This will have to do ---> {{{Hugs}}}
    Sending Good vibes your way for a much better day!
    Always,
    SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • LYNNE ~
    I just checked out your breakfast on FITDAY and didn't think it was bad at all... the carbs you had this morning are considered complex carbs (the good ones) and great for muscle toning.

I'll try to take a look-see as you go through your day, okay.
    And I am sure that Kristi & Michelle will have some good advice also.

Wishing you only the best...
    Pat-yourself-on-the-back ~ you are doing so well!
    **Don't look back -
    keep your eye on the prize and
    the only way to do that is to... ...
    look up and forward**

SunnyD

PS>>> I posted that last part to remind myself too
  • Lynne- I am with sunny I too took a look at your fitday and you had oatmeal with skim milk for breakfast, and oatmeal is a good carb so It's not bad if you are eating the right carbs, thats what south beach preaches. Ok I took a look back at your fitday, and the only foods that really jumped out at me were Pizza and oreos, the cookies more so than the pizza lol 5g of fat a piece plus the 26 "bad" carbs, and we all know how bad pizza is, don't get me wrong girly I would looooovvveee to have some pizza too lol. But other than that your diet looked good, have you checked out South Beach Diet? I love it and it helps lower cholesterol, you can check out my fitday and see what I eat in a day and I usually come in at just over 900 calories a day, and I feel full!! Well I hope this helps sorry if my thoughts were jumbled hard to think this early in the morning lol.

Sunny- so glad to see you back. I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend with hubby.

ok girls I need to get some housework done, I'll ttyl!!

Michelle
  • Thanks for the kind words Sunny and Michelle, I feel better than I did this morning. Thank you also for taking the time to look at my Fitday. I threw away the oreo cookies too Michelle .

I'm planning to go out for a walk this evening but there is thunder rumbling overhead and its looking like a storm is coming so I may just end up running on the exercise machine. I'll still use Bowflex but as you suggested Sunny will probably just keep doing it twice a week. I'm also going to continue walking but may cut that down for now to every other day.

You both made me realise that all is not lost and the desperation and disappointment I felt this morning has dissipated some. I'd very much like to give you both a hug so here you go: *HUG*